Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I can't think of a single rational argument for placing good clubs at tier 7 or 8 and leaving a lot of duff clubs at tier 6. Can you? It would make the pyramid a laughing stock.
There is a simple rational argument - since these "good clubs" haven't been in the same league as the "duff" ones you have no way of knowing in a 100% accurate, sporting context if those clubs are "better" or "worse". If leagues were decided on which clubs people thought belonged where, Ross County and Hamilton wouldn't be in the Premiership, Dundee Utd wouldn't be stinking out the Championship and Newco Rangers would have been parachuted straight into the SPL as it was at the time. If these clubs are as fantastic as you say they are, they'll fire up to their natural level in no time at all. Lots of Junior fans seem to have it in their head that clubs could and should be placed according to where they perceive the clubs fit in a senior football context. Sport doesn't (or at least shouldn't) work like that.

Its  not pathetic behaviour , I have told you I have very specific reasons for not posting  , can you not just leave it at that, I have never brought your name up in any posts or comments I have made or make  , but again you bring my name up on a regular basis.  If I am upsetting you tough, I never get upset about any red/green dots I get I really don't care.

You obviously have your reasons for not posting, either on a club board or something like that and thats fair enough, its east for your opinion to be misconstrued as an official statement from your club so fair enough. Anyone getting worked up about red dots and green dots really needs to remember this is a f’n internet forum, people disagree and can express themselves however they want.

You obviously have your reasons for not posting, either on a club board or something like that and thats fair enough, its east for your opinion to be misconstrued as an official statement from your club so fair enough. Anyone getting worked up about red dots and green dots really needs to remember this is a f’n internet forum, people disagree and can express themselves however they want.

Red or green doesnt bother me but if everyone carried on like that there would be no decent debate, we'd all just be green and red dotting the odd statement with no further comment. How good would that be? Sigh.....

Sounds like one for Burnieman.

It goes back to the whole reason there are Juniors in the first place. However there were Senior leagues in the West pre WW2 which all folded as Junior football tightened its grip, EoS and SoS are the survivors, as well as the HFL, from a long list.

Red or green doesnt bother me but if everyone carried on like that there would be no decent debate, we'd all just be green and red dotting the odd statement with no further comment. How good would that be? Sigh.....

It would probably look like bebo, which for the oldies on here was one of the original social media sites. You can have my love for the day Burnie.

6 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There is little evidence which backs up your posts are based in any semblance of consideration.

The post I quoted you from was literally that which you accuse me of doing, cheap inconsiderate vitriolic point scoring.

Look Isa, you don’t like the pyramid, you have a wee group here who agree.

I like the idea of a pyramid, i’m completely happy to have a positive discussion/debate with you about it, but to do that you actually have to offer some kind of merit based argument for your own point of view rather than attempting to slander the opposition, which does little to encourage people to try to engage you constructively.

If by responding in a sarcastic manner to your posts in the same manner I view some of your responses has upset you then i’m genuinely sorry to have upset you. Lets have a decent constructive non mud flinging debate then? In the spirit of this i’ve green dotted your post!

Yours in friendship x

I have nothing against a pyramid, surely you should know that? :)

I have nothing against a pyramid, surely you should know that? [emoji4]

Yet you try your hardest to subtly undermine everything mentioned about it? Going by your posts on this thread, it seems like you enjoy winding folk up by using big boy words that you most likely wouldn’t be able to slabber out in person, terribly sad.

Live and learn from it, I’m sure deep down you’re a decent person with the best intentions for your club.

Anyway, in my opinion a West of Scotland feeder is the only way forward.

42 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It goes back to the whole reason there are Juniors in the first place. However there were Senior leagues in the West pre WW2 which all folded as Junior football tightened its grip, EoS and SoS are the survivors, as well as the HFL, from a long list.

You also get weird ones like almost no Juniors clubs in Edinburgh itself for long periods, such was the dominance of the EoS.

You also get weird ones like almost no Juniors clubs in Edinburgh itself for long periods, such was the dominance of the EoS.

The Edinburgh Junior League was a strong league in various incarnations pre 1900 but the perennial problem of lack of pitches meant it disappeared around the turn of the century. It was revived for a time pre WWI but never made a comeback afterwards when the Midlothian League assumed prominence . A few Edinburgh clubs were members pre WW2 but afterwards they never returned with only a brief appearance by Edinburgh City after they left the SFL upto the mid 50's until Edinburgh Utd were founded in 1985.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
4 hours ago, Khufu2 said:
I can't think of a single rational argument for placing good clubs at tier 7 or 8 and leaving a lot of duff clubs at tier 6. Can you? It would make the pyramid a laughing stock.

There is a simple rational argument - since these "good clubs" haven't been in the same league as the "duff" ones you have no way of knowing in a 100% accurate, sporting context if those clubs are "better" or "worse". If leagues were decided on which clubs people thought belonged where, Ross County and Hamilton wouldn't be in the Premiership, Dundee Utd wouldn't be stinking out the Championship and Newco Rangers would have been parachuted straight into the SPL as it was at the time. If these clubs are as fantastic as you say they are, they'll fire up to their natural level in no time at all. Lots of Junior fans seem to have it in their head that clubs could and should be placed according to where they perceive the clubs fit in a senior football context. Sport doesn't (or at least shouldn't) work like that.

Well we do have some evidence from competitive matches ...like Bonnyrigg 14, Burntisland 0. We have the evidence of Kelty who have run up a mass of goals against the duff teams. They're so duff that Kelty have had to arrange friendly matches to actually get some competitive football!!!

5 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

Well we do have some evidence from competitive matches ...like Bonnyrigg 14, Burntisland 0. We have the evidence of Kelty who have run up a mass of goals against the duff teams. They're so duff that Kelty have had to arrange friendly matches to actually get some competitive football!!!

Yet Kelty have still to play both games against LTHV who beat them earlier in the season in a cup. No guarantees Kelty are going to win the EoS at first time of asking and it will be hellava lot harder next season.

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

Yet Kelty have still to play both games against LTHV who beat them earlier in the season in a cup. No guarantees Kelty are going to win the EoS at first time of asking and it will be hellava lot harder next season.

Absolutely. Kelty and LTHV are different class in the EOSFL. It's a bit like Talbot and Glenafton being placed in the Ayrshire District League.

Absolutely. Kelty and LTHV are different class in the EOSFL. It's a bit like Talbot and Glenafton being placed in the Ayrshire District League.

Nobody should be surprised. Next season will be much tougher, as will the season after. Nobody is looking at this short term, as per my detailed response to you a couple of hours ago.

3 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

With something like this you also have to separare the club from the team. Kelty the club might not be considered one of juniors traditional heavyweights.  But you're talking about a team that had won 2/3 of the previous Superleague titles, and in their last junior league season picked up 78/90 points with only 2 defeats.