Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

You can't really call him a liar on the basis of that email. He's covered himself very well by simply passing on his 'kosher' source's information.

I'm not the one calling him a liar. Certain posters are suggesting that he was less than truthful in the email.

"As a club, the East of Scotland League doesn’t give us anything we don’t have other than a season long fixture list, a fixture list that has still been left with clubs playing twice and three times a week and the two title contenders facing each other in head to head fixtures.":unsure2:
Progression through the pyramid requires SFA Licensing and to achieve entry at the base level whilst not a lot for some clubs, would entail a decent amount of financial investment that we just can’t afford.
Aye right enough, meanwhile we will keep playing at a  park that hasnt any cover for supporters

The great thing about this is it smacks down the SJFA proposal to move all clubs into the pyramid. What is the benefit to Carnoustie? None. Why should they be moved? No reason. Would they be able to be promoted, even if they won their league? No.

The pyramid should be left to clubs either licensed or on their way to being licensed?

It's all about the MONEY ££££££££££££££££££££££££££ and getting a one off pay day against an SFL team if your extremely lucky.
It certainly isn't the standard of football, Punters like to see competitive football not the rugby scores that Kelty have achieved this season in the Beazer League.
13-0 and 11-1 v Eyemouth, 11-1 and 9-0 v Tweedmouth, 10-0 v Newton Stewart, 12-1 v Peebles and another seven occasions where they have won by 7 or more goals and that's not counting the fours and fives.
The Kelty  and LTHV league is basically down to their games against each other and whoever the winner plays from the SOSL to enter the Lowland League.
nice facilities in the EOS, shame about the quality.
burnieman will be on here next season telling us that Blackburn are the new Brazil, yer having a laugh

If Kelty were to start at the bottom of the east juniors, they’d rack up similar score lines. Seen plenty enough of the north division to know that.

1 minute ago, ShahktarYerMaw said:

Have any applicant clubs contacted the SFA directly about this? Might be worth contacting the CEO directly so he can confirm either way. If he has agreed to what TJ says, surely this is important to know ASAP this week?

Apparently there's no need as they will be hearing from TJ on Monday with the official word back from the (interim) CEO of the SFA.

Just now, santheman said:

I'm not the one calling him a liar. Certain posters are suggesting that he was less than truthful in the email.

I'm not saying you were calling him a liar, i'm saying no one can call him a liar. He's simply relaying information from an anonymous source. Anyone trying to prove he's lying is going to go round in circles as it can never be proven unless the man himself admits to it.

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Apparently there's no need as they will be hearing from TJ on Monday with the official word back from the (interim) CEO of the SFA.

I'm not saying you were calling him a liar, i'm saying no one can call him a liar. He's simply relaying information from an anonymous source. Anyone trying to prove he's lying is going to go round in circles as it can never be proven unless the man himself admits to it.

Agree on your last point. Pity others have already held their kangaroo court just because of who he is and who he represents.

1 minute ago, santheman said:

Agree on your last point. Pity others have already held their kangaroo court just because of who he is and who he represents.

The facts are that there are no actual facts, yet Tom Johnston has issued an email - and spoken to various clubs and individuals - about his "kosher" information concerning what happened during Thursdays SFA Board meeting and is treating it as fact despite not having been present nor having received any formal confirmation from the SFA.

No kangaroo court is required, it speaks for itself.  I'd call it highly irresponsible and this "information" should not have been circulated until such times as the SFA had communicated any discussions/decisions that they had agreed to all relevant parties.  A calculated move? only he knows.

42 minutes ago, stanley said:

Why should clubs who don't want to be part of the senior leagues get a licence and be part of the senior Scottish Cup?

I'm guessing people arguing in favour of that also support opening the junior cup to senior teams?

Absolutely. An enhanced Junior Cup with all non-league teams involved would be excellent.

If clubs meet the facilites/organisation requirements for licensing they should be licensed. Simple really. After all, the purpose of licensing is to raise standards, not to create a pyramid.

1 minute ago, Khufu2 said:

If clubs meet the facilites/organisation requirements for licensing they should be licensed. Simple really. After all, the purpose of licensing is to raise standards, not to create a pyramid.

Talbot aren't getting a Licence for the time being Isa, accept it.

4 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

After all, the purpose of licensing is to raise standards, not to create a pyramid.

Whatever the original motivations for club licencing, creating a integrated pyramid has become part of its purpose. Otherwise they never would have added the stipulation.

1 hour ago, sniffer said:

On a good note tho Blackburn and burnieman won’t be on here next season thank f**k, he’ll be saying sh*te on the EOS league forum and now they’ll be 3 people on that oneemoji12.png

Are you basing this on the fact that everybody who goes to fitba, no matter what level in the country is on pie and bovril :lol:

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

I took the following pics at Newton Stewart in 2009...

2gtq0qp.jpg

35i7se9.jpg

v3lv5x.jpg

Popped back up last summer after they'd got their licence:

bi2rt5.jpg

2rdenmg.jpg

The one game I have attended at Blairmount - in 2011 - had 20 people there. Small clubs have obtained their licence.

That's interesting it looks like you can see from outside the ground. Part of the license is making sure you can't see in from the outside  ? 

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

That's interesting it looks like you can see from outside the ground. Part of the license is making sure you can't see in from the outside  ? 

I think what it relates to is if you are standing the other side of the fence you shouldn't be able to see into the ground.

If there's higher ground outside the boundary of the ground that allows you to see over the fence then there's not a lot you can do to prevent that.

34 minutes ago, santheman said:

He appears to be making it up on the hoof depending on who he is trying to appease at that particular time.  No real strategy, no real idea where things are going, and now pinning his hopes on an interim CEO who cannot possibly offer any assurances on things going forward. 

20 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Whatever the original motivations for club licencing, creating a integrated pyramid has become part of its purpose. Otherwise they never would have added the stipulation.

The one does not beget the other. What the SFA does, it can undo. If the SFA wants to keep a lid on the chaos and anarchy brewing in the non-league game  it would be advised to do just that. 

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think this is the part of the licencing that applies. Only mentions obscuring the view.

fence.JPG

Yeah it was the "permanent screening attached to the fence to obscure viewing" was what I was referring too. 

I'm pretty certain it cost ww a bit extra money and inconvenience in trying to get their license at the time...