Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

The vote was to join the pyramid structure not necessarily leave the Juniors extremely inaccurate phrasing from the BBC

As for the 12 month notice, even if it was true, what would be the penalty for not giving it..........immediate expulsion from the SJFA perhaps LoL

20 minutes ago, daleboy1969 said:

Not true .junior clubs indicated they would like to be included in the pyramid structure .not leave to join pyramid structure . Inclusion would allow those good enough on and off the park to move forward if they feel the desire . Inclusion also allows the clubs the option of club licensing from within the present structure . Hardly rocket science but allas the world has gone mad there are less than a handfull off junior clubs capable off rising through the ranks at this time . If people think differently they are deluded . Just look at the cove rangers cowdenbeath game recently . 

Clubs aren't leaving en-masse though to rise through the ranks, clubs are leaving as they can see that the "grade" offers nothing for them and that the routes for progression on and mainly off the field are far better served in a forward looking environment like the EoS rather than a backwards looking organisation that cant even arrange 3 months of fixtures in advance - there aren't going to be clubs coming crawling back at the end of next season, the East Juniors are done and hopefully we'll be seeing all West clubs having access to the senior levels by the end of next season.

Our sjfa delegate,who was for the rose to move.was asked the question on monday night regarding.can a club be fined for leaving.one word answer,NO!!.and I do believe Les Donaldson knows his onions regarding junior football rules and regulations.case closed.

1 minute ago, MEADOWXI said:

The vote was to join the pyramid structure not necessarily leave the Juniors extremely inaccurate phrasing from the BBC

The question on the survey was "Should Junior football join the current pyramid structure?" 99 Yes, 55 No.

But in effect the vote was to leave the Juniors as it doesn't look like TJ and the SJFA are getting Junior football joined onto the current pyramid structure anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Born To Run said:

He did it to Kelty before as well, something they obviously proved incorrect. I have no idea why he thinks this batch of clubs will fall for it, given that most (if not all) will have spoken with Kelty...

And previous precedent (important in law) doesn't help the SJFA either.  The following junior clubs have left the juniors to join the seniors, without giving a year's notice, as far as I can recall:-

Kelty (as above), Formartine Utd, Strathspey Thistle, Turriff Utd, Inverurie Locos,  and apparently Cove Rangers (briefly), as well.

I can't recall any SJFA challenge. 

And previous precedent (important in law) doesn't help the SJFA either.  The following junior clubs have left the juniors to join the seniors, without giving a year's notice, as far as I can recall:-
Kelty (as above), Formartine Utd, Strathspey Thistle, Turriff Utd, Inverurie Locos,  and apparently Cove Rangers (briefly), as well.
I can't recall any SJFA challenge. 
None of them have been challenged once by the SJFA

Sent from my 9007X using Pie and Bovril mobile app

You can add the 12 on March 31st to that given they have already been accepted by the EoS and have informed the SJFA that they are leaving two months ago. The reason that there was no challenge on 12 month thing at that point was probably that the collective tier 6 entry move and licensing application moratorium was supposed to stop any other departures, so this is all Tom Johnston has left at this point now the tier 6 entry thing has been shown to be wishful thinking at best and a charade at worst.

13 minutes ago, pollokfan1987 said:

None of them have been challenged once by the SJFA

Sent from my 9007X using Pie and Bovril mobile app

At the end of the day what can the SJFA do? Go down the civil action route which would be costly or deny them entry back into the SJFA which would a decision for the clubs anyway.

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

You can add the 12 on March 31st to that given they have already been accepted by the EoS and have informed the SJFA that they are leaving two months ago. The reason that there was no challenge on 12 month thing at that point was probably that the collective tier 6 entry move and licensing application moratorium was supposed to stop any other departures, so this is all Tom Johnston has left at this point now the tier 6 entry thing has been shown to be wishful thinking at best and a charade at worst.

True, especially as the SJFA East Region already made a league structure without these clubs, meaning their resignations have been accepted.

Other posters have highlighted that TJ has been extremely quiet on the departure of clubs from the Juniors to the EoSL.

I think that there is a real danger that a trap may be set for departing clubs at the SJFA Annual General Meeting on the 16th June - one week's time.  This is where I think the one year resignation notice rule will first appear.

In my view all clubs departing for the EoSL this year or next should submit their resignations / anticipated resignations before the 16th June.

Where this will leave clubs that want to depart for 2019/20 to the WoSL such as Clydebank I do not know?

Edited by Pyramidic

1 minute ago, Pyramidic said:

Other posters have highlighted that TJ has been extremely quiet on the departure of clubs from the Juniors to the EoSL.

I think that there is a real danger that a trap is being set for departing clubs at the SJFA Annual General Meeting on the 16th June - one week's time.  This is where I think the one year resignation notice rule will first appear.

In my view all clubs departing for the EoSL this year or next should submit their resignations / anticipated resignations before the 16th June.

Where this will leave clubs that want to depart for 2019/20 to the WoSL such as Clydebank I do not know?

Any organisation that would look to set such a trap would be instantly discredited...….you would think.  However the media in this country is almost solely interested in one area of the country and would probably side with them.

10 minutes ago, Pyramidic said:

I think that there is a real danger that a trap may be set for departing clubs at the SJFA Annual General Meeting on the 16th June - one week's time.  This is where I think the one year resignation notice rule will first appear.

The rule doesn’t exist! The 12 month period refers to moving region.

Funnily enough the only club who are actually giving 1 years notice.
I dont see what ‘trap’ they could spring as I assume clubs admitted to the EOSL are not going to attend the sjfa agm.
As has already been said theres no way any club can be forced to give 1 years notice and even if there was they could play in both.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Funnily enough the only club who are actually giving 1 years notice.
I dont see what ‘trap’ they could spring as I assume clubs admitted to the EOSL are not going to attend the sjfa agm.
As has already been said theres no way any club can be forced to give 1 years notice and even if there was they could play in both.

And that's the point, someone made a comparison to a person not wanting to work his notice period, there would be no point having that person miserable in the office during that time. Clubs could just field a youth side in the juniors, get battered regularly and make a mockery of the league. If they don't want to stay, it's pointless to force them even if that's possible.