Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

Just now, Khufu2 said:

Edusport and BSC in the professional leagues.

Aye right.

in what way do you think these fanless teams will grow? 

I don't know much about either, but coining in huge amounts of prize money and doing work in the community would be a starter for two.  They've already got that prize money thing sorted so that leaves them some community work to do. As I've said, I know virtually nothing about either club, but the opportunities are clear for all to see (aside from those residing in Auchinleck).

In what way will Talbot grow in a junior game that clubs are deserting at the rate of knots?

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't know much about either, but coining in huge amounts of prize money and doing work in the community would be a starter for two.  They've already got that prize money thing sorted so that leaves them some community work to do. As I've said, I know virtually nothing about either club, but the opportunities are clear for all to see (aside from those residing in Auchinleck).

In what way will Talbot grow in a junior game that clubs are deserting at the rate of knots?

How much prize money do you think mid to bottom half LL  teams get.

The fact you describe it as a huge amount suggests you know nothing

I thought this thread had gone , shame the only reason its restarted is for the pyramid boys to have another dig at the junIors, I take it the LL and EOS  forums arent exciting enough for you

I thought this thread had gone , shame the only reason its restarted is for the pyramid boys to have another dig at the junIors, I take it the LL and EOS  forums arent exciting enough for you
Quite the opposite, discussion on the future of the Junior game is ongoing by those who are interested whilst the usual suspects either ask why the thread still exists - a stupid question - or come out with crayon munching shite. It typifies the Junior mentality really.

27 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
44 minutes ago, A.M said:

Quite the opposite, discussion on the future of the Junior game is ongoing by those who are interested whilst the usual suspects either ask why the thread still exists - a stupid question - or come out with crayon munching shite. It typifies the Junior mentality really.

there were no posts on here for 14 days and the first one back was just having a dig at the juniors, and even you havent posted for a few weeks on here, and that one is also having a dig at us poor crayon munchers with our junior mentality, as I said no other reason but to have a dig, obviously there are a lot of members on here who dont have an interest or there wouldnt have been such a gap in posts.

there were no posts on here for 14 days and the first one back was just having a dig at the juniors, and even you havent posted for a few weeks on here, and that one is also having a dig at us poor crayon munchers with our junior mentality, as I said no other reason but to have a dig, obviously there are a lot of members on here who dont have an interest or there wouldnt have been such a gap in posts.

I generally post when there's something useful to say, but the crayon munchers appear to have piled in regardless after a few good posts particularly from G4Mac and Ginaro.

Contribute when there's something useful to add to the debate or ignore it.

On 14/8/2018 at 19:47, daleboy1969 said:

More than 150 at armadale for moved fixture .  There life outside the superleague . West lothians clubs can buck thd trend .the EOS attendances are no higher than previous seasons as junior so the punters are hardly clambering to be part of the big journey . Lets see how the ex juniors favour in climbing leagues this season .(after all they had outgrown junior football and felt they could go mid scottish fooyball league ) lets see how it works out . 

Was there as much as that, I thought maybe 100 or so. Great game though. What's with the portacabins and sectioned off parts of the far terrace, is there work planned?

Eta, forgot about the pies, best I've had in ages.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I generally post when there's something useful to say, but the crayon munchers appear to have piled in regardless after a few good posts particularly from G4Mac and Ginaro.

Contribute when there's something useful to add to the debate or ignore it.

Is the bottom line telling me what to do on the juniors forum or telling me thats what you do ?

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:
5 minutes ago, A.M said:
Is the bottom line telling me what to do on the juniors forum or telling me thats what you do ?

It is what it is. Anything worthwhile to add? Talbot looking forward to senior football next season?

We'll just have to wait and see but it will be Talbot that will tell me , not posters on Pie and Bovril

Just now, Burnie_man said:
4 minutes ago, A.M said:
We'll just have to wait and see but it will be Talbot that will tell me , not posters on Pie and Bovril

That goes without saying, are you looking forward to it? TJ seems confident.

If it has to be it has to be, but my answer would be no if the results in the EOS are anything to go by.

If it has to be it has to be, but my answer would be no if the results in the EOS are anything to go by.
There's very few senior clubs in the West, it's a different environment, so it's highly unlikely these would be replicated in a WoS unless you dish out humpings to the smaller West teams who move with you.

9 minutes ago, A.M said:

I’m aware that a number of P andB regulars are supporters of clubs now in the EOS. Can I ask your opinion about the standard of clubs you are playing. I’ve noticed an awful lot of the results are very one sided with double figures on more than one occasion already. 

I understand your rationale about joining the pyramid but you all can’t move up at the one time and if you have two or three seasons playing inferior opposition and running up cricket scores surely the product is diminished. 

Edited by Viewparker

41 minutes ago, Viewparker said:

I’m aware that a number of P andB regulars are supporters of clubs now in the EOS. Can I ask your opinion about the standard of clubs you are playing. I’ve noticed an awful lot of the results are very one sided with double figures on more than one occasion already. 

I understand your rationale about joining the pyramid but you all can’t move up at the one time and if you have two or three seasons playing inferior opposition and running up cricket scores surely the product is diminished. 

I think the results that have been seen are the product of so many teams moving across from all the different levels across the junior set up. Having played and seen some of the eos sides from last year there are good sides and sides who are still improving. The same can be said for the junior sides who moved across. I think what we will see this year is some high scores, same as there was/is in the Juniors, until the Premier league is set up next year. It wasnt/isn't everyone's favourite approach but it was the fairest given the sheer numbers in the end. 

When the leagues are finished the deserving from each will form a Premier league (yet to be fully confirmed) and the rest will populate the divisions feeding this league in the future.... This will then allow a version of normal service to be resumed. 

Not sure this will be seen in the West if the juniors port over as is, but there are a fair few high scoring games in each of the top junior leagues, not as much as 10 nils but high scoring nonetheless. I think what most people are enjoying about the eosfl set up is new grounds, new adventures and having fixture lists etc for planning their seasons trips out in advance. The product isn't really that different or diminished to be honest, it's just different. 

Hopefully the west comes next year and we have a fully integrated system based on merit and clubs can earn their place in the LL (and beyond).... Wouldn't it be great to see a junior side playing spfl2 or 1 in the next 10 years? 

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Khufu2 said:

Edusport and BSC in the professional leagues.

Aye right.

in what way do you think these fanless teams will grow? 

EduSport hope to progress by giving young players from the continent (specifically France at the moment) a chance to play football while gaining an education. It's a set up similar to the "college system" in the US but on a pay to play model.  Their idea is to get their own ground and rise through the leagues. With a mixture of gate receipts (from travelling fans I presume) and prize money they can, ideally, lower their prices and attract players from a larger pool and then also increase their income through transfers. Added to this they are going "public" so to speak and are selling shares on the idea to increase their financial base. Their blueprint has absolutely no interest in community links or fanbase. Time will tell if it works.

As for BSC they are hoping to tap into a growing middle class suburban sprawl in the north west of Glasgow once they can find a place to put down their roots there. They are already well respected in the area for their youth teams and community work and, you'd imagine, if they can find a place locally to play they might have a decent chance at it. Maybe not gonna get to the heights of Partick Thistle but could challenge any junior club from Glasgow in terms of ability and attendances if they can get it right and I'm sure we all hope they do. Much like Bonnyton Thistle and LTHV having established juvenile and youth teams create a senior team for their players to aspire to can only be a good thing.

I have my doubts about both ideas but sincerely hope both do well as, long term, it can only be good for Scottish football on the whole.

Now in what way do you think junior clubs will grow in a junior set up that is losing fans, sponsorship money and teams?

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix