Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

1,430 in attendance for a glorified pre-season friendly between a Scottish Premiership side and a Lowland League side. Spartans had 245 at home for the Dumbarton game at the weekend, so if they turned  that into 71 away fans for a Tuesday night game that seems like a pretty good turnout.

And if it is 17, it's a glorified pre-season away friendly on a Tuesday night.

21 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Yes daleboy it was a serious question. I realise that some of the posts were tongue in cheek and were jest, but some were aimed at being a dig at Spartans for not carrying a huge support.

Now whilst I believe clubs require a support to function, if they can function with a support of 71 or 17 why does that matter to anyone else other than the club.... There appears to be those amongst us that believe having a massive following is far better than playing at a higher level or that the fact they carry a larger support than others that they hold more weight as a club than their peers. 

I just hate the argument of 'we have more fans attending games than you therefore we can freely mock you for the size if your support'.

Just a personal opinion though and one comment i've seen continuously about the size of a teams support that i've never really felt I understood in terms of its relevance. 

Fair enough . I thought spartans would carry a decent support at home . Defo a non league success story .

13 hours ago, Pyramidic said:

Does anyone know why the thread - WoSFL Pyramid Deadline - SJFA or Club led? - was destroyed?

12 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

It covered a lot of what was already on here, not sure why it would be deleted though.

Maybe "The GDPR" finally came through for Isa

Just in case anyone forgets the " WoSFL Pyramid Deadline - SJFA or Club led? " thread -28 pages and 24,000 views before destruction. I for one have always believed in free speech and did not expect the sort of censorship we have just seen. However, killing an informative thread will not halt Pyramid progess.

Does anyone know the deadline that is being set for the formation of the West Region Tier 6 Pyramid?

Q1. Have the clubs given the the SJFA a clear official mandate (instructions of desired outcome) regarding the SJFA as whole becoming part of the Pyramid? And the West Region in particular?
Response: A clear mandate has not been provided or explicit requirements for the West Region.

Q2. Is the SJFA Management properly committed to the Pyramid or will we just see further evasive delays?
Response: We will see over the coming months whether SJFA will achieve a successful outcome from their dialogue with the SFA/PWG to join the Pyramid.

Q3.  Was a realistice deadline set at the SJFA West Region Annual General Meeting which will enable the West Region to retain control of the emerging WoSFL? Or will we lose control?
Response: It has been confirmed that whilst the West AGM dealt with their re-organisation, there was no discussion on the Pyramid or the likelihood of a WoSFL being set-up over the next 12 months.

Q4.  Can the SJFA Management (TJ) be trusted to broker a good deal for the West Region with the Pyramid Working Group / SFA within an agreed timescale?  Or should the West Region take over negotiations?
Response: Time will tell.

I would suggest that a firm deadline is set for 31st January 2019 for the formation of a West Region controlled WoSFL which will enable all WR clubs to transfer over to the Pyramid for 2019/20.

If this deadline cannot be met by the above date then a Club led initiative should begin (in earnest) on 1st February 2019 with the support of the EoSFL.

I would probably suggest that those West region clubs interested in moving to the pyramid will already be organising and conversing behind the scenes for a wosfl to be in place for next season..... I'd suggest this may also be further down the line than many would like to accept..... all new posts should be appointed using appropriate processes, if not you are left with a new league name but nothing else will change or progress. 

On 25/07/2018 at 18:13, Pyramidic said:

Does anyone know why the thread - WoSFL Pyramid Deadline - SJFA or Club led? - was destroyed?

Obviously the OP can delete his own thread so that’s one option. On caleythistleonline it’s more common for the mods to lock a thread than delete it. Would be nice to get some sort of explanation just to stop the conspiracy theories. 

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I thought I was the only one to consider this.

Yeah it's happened before on CTO, and for reasons known only to himself the OP has decided to delete a long running thread while everybody moans at the mods :lol:

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 22:33, FairWeatherFan said:

1,430 in attendance for a glorified pre-season friendly between a Scottish Premiership side and a Lowland League side. Spartans had 245 at home for the Dumbarton game at the weekend, so if they turned  that into 71 away fans for a Tuesday night game that seems like a pretty good turnout.

And if it is 17, it's a glorified pre-season away friendly on a Tuesday night.

1,100 at Spartans vs Killie on Tuesday night but I'd say 800 or so were from Ayrshire.