Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

12 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Latest tweet from Carnoustie

"Fully agree, a competitive game played in a good spirit. Really disappointed how the Juniors appear to have been ditched by the national printed media because we aren’t part of the precious “pyramid”"

if it wisnae obvious before then mibee it should be now, mind you theyre no the brightest doon there :lol:

I'm blocked too, don't know why :(

Isn't it Brian?

Edited by drs

I have seen the popularization of "non-league" this year.  Can't really see why it's surprising. In relation to Scott Campbell, when all the East Region moves happened, he said his remit was being looked at to take other leagues in to consideration.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

For the most part, journalists are simply wind up merchants, who, to their good fortune, actually get paid to be controversial, purely for the sake of it  A couple of years at college doesn't make you an expert on a topic, it just gives a wider audience than most for your opinion.  The business is in selling the product and if it's trendy, the rag scribes will champion it, if not, they won't.  If you wish to disagree and believe journalists are professionals dedicated to informing and probing on behalf of others,  you are, of course, perfectly entitled to do so.

For all the paper's wider failings, Scott Campbell has given grassroots football excellent coverage for over 2 decades.
No doubting Scott has yes I agree but unfortunately the other failings surrounding his employers leave a sour taste.

1 hour ago, Tutankhamen said:

Life of Brian more like.

RRG denied he runs the page when I named him once.

The page has since blocked me AND the Largs Thistle Twitter!

Edited by Sunrise

I don't think its RRG, it's a slavering numpty who blocks people left, right and centre which kinda defeats the purpose of the account.

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
1 hour ago, Sunrise said:

I don't think its RRG, it's a slavering numpty who blocks people left, right and centre which kinda defeats the purpose of the account.

It's a private account so they are basically just talking to their 635 followers - too scared to engage with the public and defend the Juniors!

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:
2 hours ago, Sunrise said:

Although there's a very obvious RRG/  slavering numpty joke waiting to be tapped into an empty net here I don't think it's him. 

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Can't say I read The Sun often but is the non-league coverage fairly mixed? Is it not just as likely as not next week's main feature will be a Junior game?

There's images of the page on social media: https://www.facebook.com/scottishsunnonleague/ - apart from Auchinleck in the Scottish Cup all the main stories this month have been from tier 5.