Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

8 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Out of interest have Linlithgow Rose removed the stars above the badge on their strips.

Why on earth would we do that?  Our heritage is just as important to us as it is to you guys. 

17 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
18 hours ago, froggie said:
Despite the angry bottom feeder comment that " it could be a while", I am happy to tell you what I enjoy. For the benefit of the stupid, notice I said 'I ' so the response is personal to me.
I enjoy the fact that I am able to meet people who have watched a certain level of football for years and are knowledgeable about not only their team, but the history of the game at Junior level, I enjoy kick off times being pretty standardised ( with the  odd exception) rather than fannying with them as a sop to a handful of obsessed anoraks who'd watch two dogs with a beach ball as long as they could scribble feverishly in a notebook and watch four other sets of dogs the same day.
I enjoy the fact that Junior football lets people decide if a railed pitch and little else is adequate for them, as opposed to a fart in a suit dictating that lights, over-egged amounts of cover and plenty of other non- essentials are declared essential.
I enjoy the fact that the Junior game takes me to places it is unlikely I would visit otherwise. That may not be exclusive to the Junior game, but the 'greed is good' brigade will shed no tears over the smallest teams going to the wall, such is the desperation of the 'bigger' devotees of the brave new world.
I enjoy the fact that Junior football, so dismissed by so many is such an annoyance to those who have bought the hype and are so incensed that not everyone has bought into the vision so skilfully sold to them.
These any many other things are just a part of my enjoyment, aside from amusement at the abject failure of the dimwit fringe to grasp that I don't give a flying one what THEY like, I wouldn't dream of trying to persuade them otherwise. Clearly this respect is beyond some, but as is shown, quite a lot is beyond a few who have  signed up to the brave new world and would rather suffer years of decline than ever admit they are wrong. You pays your money, you makes your choice...they  really are...sorry, it really is THAT simple.
Feel free to disagree...that's the difference between opinion and fact...with the former you cannot be right or wrong.

I appreciate you replying, I really do but half of what you've said makes no sense (like people at other clubs knowing about the history of the Juniors - does a Linlithgow fan no longer understand this? Does a Burntisland fan being knowledgeable about a different league and sharing this with you not add to your own knowledge?), some of it sounds like typical anti EoS "propaganda" for want of a better word (Groundhop Day - one matchday per season - has different kick off times but at least fixtures are published well in advance and can be played at standard times summer AND winter due to floodlights) and some of it does send out the dinosaur vibes you were saying isn't a fair representation of the average Junior football fans views (disabled facilities, decent toilets and floodlights deemed non-essential despite opening the game up to many more supporters). At the end of the day, if those views are representative of large numbers of supporters (and I appreciate you said they were your own), then the Junior game is going to end up as a minor footnote in Scottish football. People will look at teams who have invested a little in facilities and who can say who their opponents are in the months to come and wonder if standing on a grass bank and pissing behind an old groundman's hut for a 2 p.m. kick off because floodlights aren't allowed really is the best way to watch a game. Anyway, thanks for replying all the same.

Whilst I do not agree with all aspects of your response, your effort to clarify your standpoint and managing to do so without recourse to insult or bulging eyed pointless anger is refreshing and welcome. If clubs want to sell their souls for an anorak festival, that's up to them, although I will always maintain time spent engaging with the community, who might come back more than once and not be rushing for their next 'fix' would be time better spent.

I've yet to find the money tree under which the cash sits to pay for all of these improvements you speak of, but I'm sure, whatever your view on the desirability/ essential nature of facilities, none will be installed for free.

The chasm between the best equipped and most basic venues is vast, but few turn up not knowing what to expect and if the issue is close to your heart, an internet search or even a question to the less confrontational hereabouts would be enough to determine what's in store. Personally both the spartan and better equipped are fine by me and clubs struggling to survive because of 'necessary' improvement notices from a smoke filled room benefits nobody.

I cannot comment on the issues of lights in detail, although issues such as proximity to railway lines, residents' objections and other even less obvious pitfalls have prevented this in places I do know about, albeit not in Scotland.

Personally, I think floodlights are a waste of time for the vast majority, as long as the leagues are of a sensible size and the calendar not filled with pointless cup competitions, especially when the weather and light makes making headway  with league schedules easier.

What we enjoy and how we enjoy doing it may differ, but it would be a dull world if we all thought the same and could only resort to childish name calling and humourless insults when in disagreement. It's highly unlikely that reasoned disagreement will ever catch big time on this forum, but stranger things have happened ( just don't ask me to name them.)

51 minutes ago, froggie said:

Whilst I do not agree with all aspects of your response, your effort to clarify your standpoint and managing to do so without recourse to insult or bulging eyed pointless anger is refreshing and welcome. If clubs want to sell their souls for an anorak festival, that's up to them, although I will always maintain time spent engaging with the community, who might come back more than once and not be rushing for their next 'fix' would be time better spent.

I've yet to find the money tree under which the cash sits to pay for all of these improvements you speak of, but I'm sure, whatever your view on the desirability/ essential nature of facilities, none will be installed for free.

The chasm between the best equipped and most basic venues is vast, but few turn up not knowing what to expect and if the issue is close to your heart, an internet search or even a question to the less confrontational hereabouts would be enough to determine what's in store. Personally both the spartan and better equipped are fine by me and clubs struggling to survive because of 'necessary' improvement notices from a smoke filled room benefits nobody.

I cannot comment on the issues of lights in detail, although issues such as proximity to railway lines, residents' objections and other even less obvious pitfalls have prevented this in places I do know about, albeit not in Scotland.

Personally, I think floodlights are a waste of time for the vast majority, as long as the leagues are of a sensible size and the calendar not filled with pointless cup competitions, especially when the weather and light makes making headway  with league schedules easier.

What we enjoy and how we enjoy doing it may differ, but it would be a dull world if we all thought the same and could only resort to childish name calling and humourless insults when in disagreement. It's highly unlikely that reasoned disagreement will ever catch big time on this forum, but stranger things have happened ( just don't ask me to name them.)

Camelon attendance for the game vs linlithgow went from 250 in juniors because mid week no notice. 415 I'm eosfl. We got 2000 from tesco through the community and a grant from national lottery to improve disabled access. I was like you all for the juniors but time to move on

26 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Camelon attendance for the game vs linlithgow went from 250 in juniors because mid week no notice. 415 I'm eosfl. We got 2000 from tesco through the community and a grant from national lottery to improve disabled access. I was like you all for the juniors but time to move on

Only another £248k and those lavvies will be fit for League 2. 

30 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Pictures or we don’t believe you.

To be fair, most of the aspects of ground criteria don't really kick in until you are in the Lowland league and the higher end aspects when you are in league 2. For sides playing at tier 6 (eos and hopefully wos in the future) the criteria is absolutely no different to junior football. 

The biggest and most problematic outlay for clubs trying to get into league 2 (if they want to pursue it) would indeed be floodlights, not only for their installation but to run and maintain them, most clubs would have to build up to this over time..... Thankfully most clubs are a way off of league 2 and there are lowland league clubs without them. 

The toilets, disabled areas/access etc really depends on how much you want to spend and how fancy you wish them to be/look. From what I've seen, in my time coaching in the Lowland league, there are examples of really good and modern and others which meet the basic criteria for most things... The point here is that it may not cost the astronomical amount that some would have us believe to put certain things in place. 

As for the community aspect, most clubs across the country are reasonably good at this, regardless of their assumed grade of play. But for some, they are better than others, the same with most things football related.

In terms of money from playing in the eos or lowland league, I'm not sure all the clubs plying their trade there believe that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow....what is clear is that these clubs wanted to be part of the pyramid set up.... For varying reasons, ultimately, each club will have a variety of different reasons for moving..... Not just cold hard cash, that would be impulsive to say the least, and far too simple a reason to up sticks and change 100 or so years of history. 

I truly believe that everyone can get whatever fix it is they get from football as part of one set up..... Having played junior for years I do get the draw of the junior grade, I wore it as a badge of honour for nearly 12 years. But for me if Scottish football wants to be fully inclusive and progressive, having a proper professional and semi professional set up is key to this, everyone from amateurs to top level spl should come under one banner, but this should never be forced.... It should be an opt in or opt out process, if a club or clubs don't wish to partake then they shouldn't be forced to. 

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

To be fair, most of the aspects of ground criteria don't really kick in until you are in the Lowland league and the higher end aspects when you are in league 2. For sides playing at tier 6 (eos and hopefully wos in the future) the criteria is absolutely no different to junior football. 

The biggest and most problematic outlay for clubs trying to get into league 2 (if they want to pursue it) would indeed be floodlights, not only for their installation but to run and maintain them, most clubs would have to build up to this over time..... Thankfully most clubs are a way off of league 2 and there are lowland league clubs without them. 

The toilets, disabled areas/access etc really depends on how much you want to spend and how fancy you wish them to be/look. From what I've seen, in my time coaching in the Lowland league, there are examples of really good and modern and others which meet the basic criteria for most things... The point here is that it may not cost the astronomical amount that some would have us believe to put certain things in place. 

As for the community aspect, most clubs across the country are reasonably good at this, regardless of their assumed grade of play. But for some, they are better than others, the same with most things football related.

In terms of money from playing in the eos or lowland league, I'm not sure all the clubs plying their trade there believe that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow....what is clear is that these clubs wanted to be part of the pyramid set up.... For varying reasons, ultimately, each club will have a variety of different reasons for moving..... Not just cold hard cash, that would be impulsive to say the least, and far too simple a reason to up sticks and change 100 or so years of history. 

I truly believe that everyone can get whatever fix it is they get from football as part of one set up..... Having played junior for years I do get the draw of the junior grade, I wore it as a badge of honour for nearly 12 years. But for me if Scottish football wants to be fully inclusive and progressive, having a proper professional and semi professional set up is key to this, everyone from amateurs to top level spl should come under one banner, but this should never be forced.... It should be an opt in or opt out process, if a club or clubs don't wish to partake then they shouldn't be forced to. 

I think all the junior clubs are good enough to come over. As you say we need modernised. Should be non league then amateur 

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/aberdeen/news/aberdeen-chairman-wants-consistency-and-transparency-in-disciplinary-procedures_338172.html

And the Dons have called on Scottish Professional Football League chief executive Neil Doncaster to seek talks with the SFA so that clubs, players and fans can gain a better understanding of the "process and decision-making procedures employed by the governing body".

Milne told his club's official website: "I very much feel there is genuine concern for the state of the game in Scotland at the moment.

"We simply must have consistency and transparency or we all, as clubs, the SFA and the SPFL lose significant credibility and risk losing the fans who have been baffled by several of the outcomes arrived at recently.

"Without supporters there is no game and they, as we all do, deserve far more clarity and transparency than we have at present.

The junior game was there first.  Junior clubs  been saying this for years.  Not all, just the more enlightened one. The ones who have cut and run. 

How are 'negotiations :whistle' going on the pyramid anyway? Still negotiating :lol:? Or will it be a Brexit style no deal? 

Remind me again, what will be a successful result be for the junior clubs? 

2 hours ago, Jason King said:

Oh christ Froggie, thats clearly gone flying over your head but you continue lashing out if it makes you feel superior.

In the present company, feeling superior is inevitable. Why don't you turn your legendary incisive wit and knowledge to the topic under discussion instead?