Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

24 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Honest question looking for honest answer, put the pyramid to one side for a moment, have fans and teams from the East that moved to EoS league missed their involvment in ths years Scottish Junior Cup.

No. The derby with Hill of Beath when we get drawn against them in a cup after a season or two of no meetings will be bigger than the junior cup match two seasons ago.

Edited by pipedreamer

Honest question looking for honest answer, put the pyramid to one side for a moment, have fans and teams from the East that moved to EoS league missed their involvment in ths years Scottish Junior Cup.
Not this season, for me the Junior Cup was about away days at places you don't normally get to visit, we've had plenty of new grounds to visit this season so that element has been fulfilled.

9 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

No, i think the product we have in the west is good, check out goals from Talbot v Pollok last week. I can leave the house with £10 pay in and have my pie and bovril, i can attend both home and away fixtures that doesnt amount to serious travelling.The teams you mention imo would or could win the lowland league and gain entry to SPL, im afraid i wouldnt be able to afford to follow Talbot to such places as Elgin or Peterheard and would be resigned mostly to only watching Talbot at home, i believe many fans  would be in the same boat.

fair comment - thanks

9 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Haven't Talbot lost to Cumbernauld Colts and Edinburgh City (when LL), and had BSC take them to a replay in the Scottish? The top 8/10 teams in the LL are better quality than you give them credit for. I guess there's only one way to prove it.

Three games that prove nothing. We beat Ayr but that's not to say were are a Championship side.

Just now, Blackie Gold said:

Three games that prove nothing. We beat Ayr but that's not to say were are a Championship side.

I answered that. It is three games that suggest that it is ridiculous to claim that the West Region Premier is better than LL and some SPLF2 clubs, which is what I was responding to.

9 hours ago, Jason King said:

If the West doesnt join the pyramid the better players will continue to migrate to the LL and that will reduce the quality you are watching. Its simply a case of join the pyramid or stagnate and then watch as the Juniors becomes a far inferior product to what is on offer elsewhere.  Standards are clearly dropping in the West as the likes of BSC and EK pick up some of the cream and that is only going to increase over time.

If fans of Stranraer and Berwick can afford to go to Elgin then its laughable to suggest that Talbot couldnt put on a bus to those places at an apposite price. There will be many fans who would love an awayday at Peterhead or Elgin.

Your right Cove had three fans at Auchinleck I doubt they know about the Stranraer and Berwick boys?

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

I answered that. It is three games that suggest that it is ridiculous to claim that the West Region Premier is better than LL and some SPLF2 clubs, which is what I was responding to.

The three games in question, one had Talbot having no central defenders on the day due to injury and work and they were well beaten. One they played for 65 minutes with ten men, and the other was a bad day at the office but the replay was a 5-0 humping.  I can't comment on the LL teams at present as I haven't seen any of them. I'll be interested to see how EK get on against Cove because they are a decent team.

5 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Current License holders can be found here: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4898/club-licensing-current-update-2019.pdf

But as Mantis says above I think the profit sharing is related as  least in part on the level of License a club holds.

It's the 2018 SFA List of Licensed clubs, which was amended to include LTHV. It has been updated by the addition of the date  2019, replacing date 2018.

An updated 2019 list should be forthcoming when the SFA Board considers the Licensing Committee's 'audit' of the 12-17 club applications, submitted before the end of 2018.     18th April ?

Edited by Robert James
post sent in error before completed

I've spent most of my days in junior football and it's been a huge part of my life on and off the pitch I've always backed the grade and the people involved. I've no gripe with what other clubs do ect. But for me personally I'm very happy with circumstances we will be in next season

6 hours ago, Robert James said:

It's the 2018 SFA List of Licensed clubs, which was amended to include LTHV. It has been updated by the addition of the date  2019, replacing date 2018.

An updated 2019 list should be forthcoming when the SFA Board considers the Licensing Committee's 'audit' of the 12-17 club applications, submitted before the end of 2018.     18th April ?

It's not the 2018 list or the 2019 list. It's just the list of current license holders. It gets updated to reflect any major changes. The most recent changes being to finally remove Selkirk and to update the last licencing committee reviews for a handful of clubs that happened in February.