Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

I believe Rod Petrie stated outright that the juniors would not be joining tier 6 this season due to the discipline issue and the fact that the East Region can not have a spilt superleague.

HOWEVER.

He also said that next season Ian Maxwell will have the final say on who gets to take part in the LL playoffs and apparently refused to rule out the winners of the junior leagues being selected to take part.

So the juniors aren't in tier 6 next season but they may be!?!

For confirmation, from what I have been told:

Petrie stated that he asked the Highland league and the NRJFA to have talks re a tier 6 feeder which they did and the juniors decided to stay as they are.

If a Tayside team wins the LL playoff they will have the right to choose whether to enter the Highland or Lowland league.

The SFA will administer discipline for all tier 6 leagues. When specifically questioned RP said that would include any game that a tier 6 side played in all competitions.

Finally i believe RP has told the SJFA about the discipline and split Superleague issues.

Hopefully that Lothian minority influence that caused the potential splitting of the ersjfa will now be swept aside and the current structure kept.

Fauldhouse can do a bathgate now and get relegated into the local league if that is what they want.

Glenrothes would have been relegated anyway.

Very unlikely any east junior team will be licensed anyway so very safe ground for Petrie.

21 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Hopefully that Lothian minority influence that caused the potential splitting of the ersjfa will now be swept aside and the current structure kept.

Fauldhouse can do a bathgate now and get relegated into the local league if that is what they want.

Very unlikely any east junior team will be licensed anyway so very safe ground for Petrie.

What if Pumpherston decline promotion so they can stay in the South Premier as it's the only league with a lot Lothian teams in it?

Or the Lothian minority decide they aren't that interested in the pyramid and would rather have the split regional Super Leagues?

Edited by FairWeatherFan

44 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

For confirmation, from what I have been told:

Petrie stated that he asked the Highland league and the NRJFA to have talks re a tier 6 feeder which they did and the juniors decided to stay as they are.

If a Tayside team wins the LL playoff they will have the right to choose whether to enter the Highland or Lowland league.

The SFA will administer discipline for all tier 6 leagues. When specifically questioned RP said that would include any game that a tier 6 side played in all competitions.

Finally i believe RP has told the SJFA about the discipline and split Superleague issues.

So it will be possible to get promoted to the HL by winning a LL play-off while there is no relegation from the HL? :unsure:

Just now, Marten said:

So it will be possible to get promoted to the HL by winning a LL play-off while there is no relegation from the HL? :unsure:

I believe that RP didn't go into any great detail but when questioned about the middle of the Tay border he said that we shouldn't let geography stop teams playing in the League they want to. As it appears most Tayside teams would rather play in the LL your HL relegation question may not come into play.

Beside as Al points out in order to get promoted to either league you have to be licensed.

4 minutes ago, Marten said:

It's a bit of a redundant question right now with no feeder under the Highland League. The Highland League is open to application so as soon as your licensed you can apply. So if a club is choosing to participate in the Lowland League play-off they want to be in the Lowland League.

I think it's worth pointing out that RP, who did all of the talking, didn't appear to be aware that an SFA rule existed marking the Lowland and Highland league boundary.

For some reason he thought the people in the room were trying to decide what league's teams could play in, when in fact everyone was trying to point out that the rules had already been defined by the SFA themselves.

Either he was suggesting the rules don't matter and we ignore it, or more likely in my view he doesn't know the rule exists.

27 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I think it's worth pointing out that RP, who did all of the talking, didn't appear to be aware that an SFA rule existed marking the Lowland and Highland league boundary.

For some reason he thought the people in the room were trying to decide what league's teams could play in, when in fact everyone was trying to point out that the rules had already been defined by the SFA themselves.

Either he was suggesting the rules don't matter and we ignore it, or more likely in my view he doesn't know the rule exists.

Interesting point. If they went into specificity over the promotion rules and then handwaved another. There's a chance he was unaware of the boundary.

I believe Rod Petrie stated outright that the juniors would not be joining tier 6 this season due to the discipline issue and the fact that the East Region can not have a spilt superleague.
HOWEVER.
He also said that next season Ian Maxwell will have the final say on who gets to take part in the LL playoffs and apparently refused to rule out the winners of the junior leagues being selected to take part.
Maxwell couldnt select junior clubs anyway as those clubs would be unable to obtain a license being outside of the pyramid under the licensing rule changes a few years ago. Either that rule no longer exists and we haven't been informed or Maxwell doesn't understand the rules.

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

Mother of fūcking God, how do these people progress within football or elsewhere? 

58 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
2 hours ago, patriot1 said:
HOWEVER.

Maxwell couldnt select junior clubs anyway as those clubs would be unable to obtain a license being outside of the pyramid under the licensing rule changes a few years ago. Either that rule no longer exists and we haven't been informed or Maxwell doesn't understand the rules.

Was there any discussion about the delay in  relation to the current licensing applications (most of which relate to EoSL clubs), and when the Licensing Committee's recommendations will be approved by the SFA Board ? 

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:
2 hours ago, patriot1 said:
HOWEVER.

True, except that Cumnock, and one other West Junior club (unnamed, but who apparently have floodlights etc) have submitted licensing applications. Have the applications by these two clubs been audited, and (already) been considered by the Licensing Committee ? 

If the ERJFA stay as they are then I think there could be a club or two chapping on the door of the EoS asking for a late application.

As was pointed out on several occasions, the ERJFA need an egm or agm to set changes in stone. That hasn't happened, and now that the SFA have told them single Superleague if they want to start the process of eventual tier 6, then its curtains to regionalisation.

18 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Was there any discussion about the delay in  relation to the current licensing applications (most of which relate to EoSL clubs), and when the Licensing Committee's recommendations will be approved by the SFA Board ? 

There was lots of discussion but no answers. It appears that the SFA board did not have time to assess the applications last week and Rod Petrie could give no assurance as to when they would be assessed.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If the ERJFA stay as they are then I think there could be a club or two chapping on the door of the EoS asking for a late application.

As was pointed out on several occasions, the ERJFA need an egm or agm to set changes in stone. That hasn't happened, and now that the SFA have told them single Superleague if they want to start the process of eventual tier 6, then its curtains to regionalisation.

Good morning BM

The position of the ERJFA is now  tricky, considering its clubs  voted for regionalisation. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

However, I have a separate question : did the EoS elect all/some/none of the 3 applicants into the league for 2019/20, which I thought was the original purpose of the EGM ? 

6 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Good morning BM

The position of the ERJFA is now  tricky, considering its clubs  voted for regionalisation. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

However, I have a separate question : did the EoS elect all/some/none of the 3 applicants into the league for 2019/20, which I thought was the original purpose of the EGM ? 

A person in the EoS said they wouldn't confirm how the vote went as they would leave it to the applicant clubs to announce anything.

There might someone more gossipy around though.