Junior football, what is the future?

Burnie_man

5 minutes ago, The Informer said:

The PWG meetings identified that for those leagues participating at Tier 6 it should be the top division within that league which is formally part of Tier 6 – divisions below that will not be Tier 6.  The East of Scotland Football League will be moving from three parallel conferences to a structure which has one division at the top.   It is that new top division which will form part  of Tier 6 for Season 2019/20.    Therefore the number of Tier 6 clubs for Season 2019/20 will be 32 (16 from EoSFL and 16 of the 18 clubs in the SoSFL).   Ultimately Tier 6 might comprise approximately 64 clubs and this would be a manageable number for the Scottish FA in terms of the JPP process

Isn't that how tiers on the pyramid work - the top EoS division is tier 6 and the next one down is tier 7? :huh: Unless he means that tier 7 in the EoS won't be administered by the SFA?

And 16 of the 18 SoS clubs, is Maxwell saying there's going to be two new SoS entrants?

21 minutes ago, The Informer said:

... Ultimately Tier 6 might comprise approximately 64 clubs and this would be a manageable number for the Scottish FA in terms of the JPP process

That begs the question of whether he mean 16 each from the west and north/tayside juniors or 16 each from east and west juniors as the extra 32?

11 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

And 16 of the 18 SoS clubs, is Maxwell saying there's going to be two new SoS entrants?

Not counting Stranraer and Annan reserves maybe?

Edited by LongTimeLurker

24 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not counting Stranraer and Annan reserves maybe?

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The SoS league currently has 16 clubs, if he wasn't counting those two then it would be 14 of 16.

That's probably why the question was asked "Is there going to be two new SoS entrants"

23 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Isn't that how tiers on the pyramid work - the top EoS division is tier 6 and the next one down is tier 7? :huh: Unless he means that tier 7 in the EoS won't be administered by the SFA?

I think this is the SFA trying to punt responsibility of discipline below tier 6. Which makes sense since they've been saying they don't have the resources.

Anyone know what JJP and JPP are meant to stand for?

Also not a good look for Maxwell not knowing the number of clubs in the SoS.

23 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

"Done deal".

Some things require more than nods, winks and handshakes thankfully.

Perhaps, if some, allegedly Junior, trolls come up with something accurate in the future they won't be believed. Oh Dear!

To be fair, I think some of the members on here who were insisting the juniors as a whole would enter at tier 6 come what may, were posting in good faith based on information they had been told from club sources. At the time there was a lot of conflicting information and it was difficult to make judgements.

However, now the juniors in at tier six claim has been proven to be wrong, time for those who believed this to have a good think on why this misinformation was deliberately peddled and who stood to gain from it.

It's also time for the East Junior's website to take down the advertisement announcing the super league is in at tier six. At best it's embarrassing for all concerned, at worst, it's very irresponsible.

Edited by Cameron Wilson

Motivation for some (perhaps at the top) was probably to try to prevent another exodus from the juniors and they probably weren't particularly worried about if their info was true or not.  Others seemed genuine.

On 03/05/2019 at 17:05, Cameron Wilson said:

To be fair, I think some of the members on here who were insisting the juniors as a whole would enter at tier 6 come what may, were posting in good faith based on information they had been told from club sources. At the time there was a lot of conflicting information and it was difficult to make judgements.

However, now the juniors in at tier six claim has been proven to be wrong, time for those who believed this to have a good think on why this misinformation was deliberately peddled and who stood to gain from it.

It's also time for the East Junior's website to take down the advertisement announcing the super league is in at tier six. At best it's embarrassing for all concerned, at worst, it's very irresponsible.

I read this thing online: If you say the word 'gullible' out loud really, really slowly it sounds like 'chicken'.

Try it guys, it actually works.

Edited by Che Dail

41 minutes ago, Cameron Wilson said:

I could tell myself I'm going to marry Natalie Portman but it doesn't make it true.

Common sense / logic needs to be applied to any position adopted. This was never something that could be just nodded through.

Edited by cmontheloknow

I think the Junior side of things was very valid until the new year. You had the Ian Maxwell email in October. While it was never meant for public consumption, it made it seem like job done. Then once the November and January PWG meetings passed with things no further forward the doubt should have really crept in.

Looks like an inexperienced SFA CEO didn't understand the limits of his powers and issues like the Highland-Lowland League boundary and was manipulated into pushing one side's agenda in a way that wasn't going to be accepted by the EoS and LL and couldn't be enforced by the SFA. Hard to see how Tom Johnston can still be part of the equation next season where the PWG is concerned, if this is going to lead anywhere.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think the Junior side of things was very valid until the new year. You had the Ian Maxwell email in October. While it was never meant for public consumption, it made it seem like job done. Then once the November and January PWG meetings passed with things no further forward the doubt should have really crept in.

But the 'Juniors in at Tier 6' was never going to get past EoS and LL, which it had to.