Premier League 2017-2018

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

obviously not, but it only takes a 90o turn to show the board to all four sides - anything over and above that is just ridiculous, wanky showboating by the fourth official - if you're going to go down that route, then they should do it properly and employ the round-card girls from the boxing, who are now presumably all out of a job, along with the grid-girls and walk-on girls - who could also be used to accompany players on to the pitch, and then stand next to them just before kick off - obviously whilst wearing dowdy, non-suggestive nun outfits and sturdy sports bras to reduce any unseemly curvaceousness to acceptable levels of snowflakey restraint and androgynous anonymity....

You've certainly thought this through!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Is that a red devil with a trident on that Xbox I see before me?

Another neutral outed?

13 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Glory Glory. Another one on here who suddenly doesn’t have an English team any more now it’s not just a TV show. I wonder who is getting the blame again ... :D 

13 hours ago, Miguel Simao said:

I got that picture of twitter 

Bloody nora. :lol:

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I’d say stoke are probably going to go down and they deserve it for appointing Lambert tbh.

Any up to West Ham (One more win sees Brighton safe IMO) are still involved for the last spot.

Any nicknames for the mighty reds today Scotty? 

City can win the most exciting league in the world next week against Man United.

Not quite won yet after the second half of the derby yesterday.

Bayern Munich did win the Bundesliga yesterday though, for the sixth time in a row. Boring.

Is there an actual point to substitute boards nowadays? Presumably they were used years before PA systems were introduced. I expect every ground in Britain has a PA system now so surely the boards are obsolete.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is there an actual point to substitute boards nowadays? Presumably they were used years before PA systems were introduced. I expect every ground in Britain has a PA system now so surely the boards are obsolete.

It is so the guy doing the PA can see who is getting subbed on/off?

It is so the guy doing the PA can see who is getting subbed on/off?

Yeah I suppose at big stadiums that'd be right enough. At wee grounds I think my point would probably stand though.

Yeah I suppose at big stadiums that'd be right enough. At wee grounds I think my point would probably stand though.

For the players on the pitch who might not understand English or the language of the PA announcer? Putting up numbers just makes it so much easier not sure why you’ve picked up on this.

For the players on the pitch who might not understand English or the language of the PA announcer? Putting up numbers just makes it so much easier not sure why you’ve picked up on this.

There's a discussion about the boards a couple of pages back.

Archived