Premier League 2017-2018

It is so the guy doing the PA can see who is getting subbed on/off?

Yeah I suppose at big stadiums that'd be right enough. At wee grounds I think my point would probably stand though.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I suppose at big stadiums that'd be right enough. At wee grounds I think my point would probably stand though.

For the players on the pitch who might not understand English or the language of the PA announcer? Putting up numbers just makes it so much easier not sure why you’ve picked up on this.

For the players on the pitch who might not understand English or the language of the PA announcer? Putting up numbers just makes it so much easier not sure why you’ve picked up on this.

There's a discussion about the boards a couple of pages back.

There's a discussion about the boards a couple of pages back.

Never noticed, just seems logical in a noisy stadium with a load of players of different nationalities playing to put up a number so everyone knows what’s going on, players, commentators, cameramen, PA announcers the lot. [emoji6]

On 08/04/2018 at 15:01, 19QOS19 said:

Is there an actual point to substitute boards nowadays? Presumably they were used years before PA systems were introduced. I expect every ground in Britain has a PA system now so surely the boards are obsolete.

Because it makes sense. Unless you're wanting some poor sod sprinting to the PA guy at the top of a stand, and then have an awkward five minute wait while the players figure out what he's said and who's getting subbed off. 

Because it makes sense. Unless you're wanting some poor sod sprinting to the PA guy at the top of a stand, and then have an awkward five minute wait while the players figure out what he's said and who's getting subbed off. 

It would keep the subs warm at least.

Anything been posted about West Brom being refused permission from the government to install rail seating at The Hawthorns?

Not entirely surprising but it had received backing from local fire and ambulance services as well as the local council. Suppose Tracey Crouch (the sports minister apparently) must know better than all of them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43693418
How fucking tragic is this? "Swear on me daughter's life."
Pretty sure he didn't touch it either.

Thats a bit sad really. On motd on saturday, either them or kane had tweeted “it touched the badge” who gives a f**k mate? If i was eriksen i’d be fuming that he was this desperate and selfish to try and get the goal, especially given how good a strike it was.
Fair enough, it wasn’t ronaldos overhead kick, but still.

Disappointing stuff from a normally decent guy. I look forward to him saying it's an own goal the next time a shot of his brushes off a defender while going in.

On 4/10/2018 at 01:12, paul-r-cfc said:

Anything been posted about West Brom being refused permission from the government to install rail seating at The Hawthorns?

Not entirely surprising but it had received backing from local fire and ambulance services as well as the local council. Suppose Tracey Crouch (the sports minister apparently) must know better than all of them

FSF.png

It's a Brexit thing isn't it???
Can't have some Johnny Foreigner winning this Golden Bootie thingy!!!

Archived