The Celtic All Seasons thread

On 23/06/2018 at 09:30, welldaft said:

That is good business. But if I offer £20k for a brand new Ferrari and expect £10k for a 3 year old Mondeo people would rightly think I was at it.  Celtic are often guilty of this. Carson may have played for lower leagues, but it was clear to all that he was a much better keeper than £300k and by the way that was the 2nd bid iirc. Now he is 1st choice International keeper. 

Good luck to Celtic but a bit more realism around the value of players they are chasing. Strangely had little problem paying £9m for Edouard - nothing to do with the fact it was PSG they were dealing with....nothing 

9m was the set price on the loan agreement.

according to football manager

21 hours ago, Daydream said:

So I’ve seen Rogic, Lustig and Boyata at the World Cup. Any other Celtic players there?

imagine if Bhoyata comes back with a world cup winners medal.... Our worst 1st team player having a better medal collection than Larsson and Lambert is a real possibility

How many games did you watch him play in last season?
A handful for deportivo at most. Doesn't mean from what I've seen he's a better defender than what we currently have imo. He was very good for basle and always looks good for Switzerland as well. Hopefully get him signed up and see more of him this year.

Also apparantly Moses Odubajo has joined Celtic's pre-season trip on trial.  His Hull City contract is up at the end of June, he's a Right Back and he's 24 years old

He’s the one in the middle.

IMG_1587.jpg.db9675826950c8129191bc56138e98a1.jpg

Haven’t heard of him and not one to get too excited about but his wiki is impressive enough, starting off in the lower leagues before making moves to bigger clubs for more money. He was out for 18 months which is a concern but Hull did offer him a contract so he must have recovered well enough Im guessing. Right back is my biggest concern for me so glad we are addressing it. 

5 hours ago, gannonball said:

Haven’t heard of him and not one to get too excited about but his wiki is impressive enough, starting off in the lower leagues before making moves to bigger clubs for more money. He was out for 18 months which is a concern but Hull did offer him a contract so he must have recovered well enough Im guessing. Right back is my biggest concern for me so glad we are addressing it. 

He hasn't played a competitive game in 2 years, so bringing him on trial to evaluate his current fitness is a safe call.  By all accounts he played really well in his first full season at Hull (2015-16) before his injury so he appears to have natural talent.  

8 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

He hasn't played a competitive game in 2 years, so bringing him on trial to evaluate his current fitness is a safe call.  By all accounts he played really well in his first full season at Hull (2015-16) before his injury so he appears to have natural talent.  

Ah I had assumed he had played some games after his  injury since Hull offered him a new deal. Im guessing hes had a few setbacks too as the wiki article link had him only out for 6 months initially 

Edited by gannonball

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Ah I had assumed he had played some games after his  injury since Hull offered him a new deal. Im guessing hes had a few setbacks too as the wiki article link had him only out for y months initially 

He may have trained but he didn't play last year, here is his stat block from Soccerway. His last competitive game was  on May 28, 2016 against Sheffield Wednesday where he played the full 90

image.png.4bef26494096b766f411b466c06c8e41.png

11 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Is Gamboa away? Was he a loan?