The Celtic All Seasons thread

A turning point for Celtic, and a big thank you to caley. Think we’ve won 14 titles since then and a few cups, probably, plus a European final.

Only found out that headline was plagiarised from a headline used in English football years ago, might’ve been Leeds, not 100% sure. They were talking about it in talksport in day. I felt cheated.

Don't know if this has been posted before but I'll ask anyway. Celtic have played Motherwell away from home twice already. They're also going to be playing Rangers, Aberdeen, Livingston and Hibs away from home twice before the split. If the table stays the same come the split, we will have played all other 5 teams twice away and once at home. Does that mean our 5 post split fixtures will all be at home or what? 

9 hours ago, Antony said:

Don't know if this has been posted before but I'll ask anyway. Celtic have played Motherwell away from home twice already. They're also going to be playing Rangers, Aberdeen, Livingston and Hibs away from home twice before the split. If the table stays the same come the split, we will have played all other 5 teams twice away and once at home. Does that mean our 5 post split fixtures will all be at home or what? 

No.

They try and give it a fair split of 19 home/19 away games for all the teams.

By game 33 and the split you'll have played a 17/16 split of home/away games (might be the other way around, don't know your fixtures), so youd then have 2 home, and 3 away, to make up the 19/19 (or the other way around)

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

No.

By game 33 and the split you'll have played a 17/16 split of home/away games (might be the other way around, don't know your fixtures), so youd then have 2 home, and 3 away, to make up the 19/19 (or the other way around)

Yes Celtic will have 3 at home and 2 away.
But you miss the point he is making,if you accept it's more lightly that Celtic will drop points away from home.

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yes Celtic will have 3 at home and 2 away.
But you miss the point he is making,if you accept it's more lightly that Celtic will drop points away from home.

Can I hazard a guess that the point is that it's unfair on Celtic?

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No.

Ok so we'll have played 16 at home 17 away when the split happens.  So we'll play 3 at home 2 away post split i assume. Rangers we'll obviously have at home, but it means we'll have played 2 out of Hibs, Livi, Aberdeen and Motherwell away 3 times in one season. The chances of Celtic going to Fir Park 3 times in one season and winning every time is very unlikely, we have 1 win in 8 at Easter Road in the league, and we haven't gone to Livi and won in about 15 years. That's tough. 

Winning the title is serious business how will it work out for you guys getting relegated?
Our fixtures will be a bit weird too, I'm sure, as that's how it can work with the split and is nothing to do with folk conspiring against us.

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
18 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:
Winning the title is serious business how will it work out for you guys getting relegated?

Our fixtures will be a bit weird too, I'm sure, as that's how it can work with the split and is nothing to do with folk conspiring against us.

Have you guys ever had your main rivals for relegation play the bottom 6 twice at home and the accies play them twice away before the split?