The Celtic All Seasons thread

5 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

They could at least keep it simple and clean for that classic top and mare fucking hoops ffs. Thinner one's like the one's from the glory days in the mid 70's.

Not going to happen my learned friend.

Looks as though Southampton are interested in Tom Rogic.  Realistically Liverpool should just sign him now and save the middleman

As class as I think he is I have doubts over his fitness for the EPL. I can see him and Armstrong leaving but I think we will miss him most as he is a big game player.

19 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Would be class if we get a parade. Dont think its been done since 67?

We were supposed to have one last year but was cancelled after the Manchester terror attack.

13 minutes ago, gannonball said:

As class as I think he is I have doubts over his fitness for the EPL. I can see him and Armstrong leaving but I think we will miss him most as he is a big game player.

I felt Armstrong should have been sold last season thanks to the contract carry on.  In regards to Rogic, I can see it being a bit like Shaun Maloney.  Goes to England and within two years he's back at Celtic Park.  Smashing player aye but I can see him being lost in the English game.

I felt Armstrong should have been sold last season thanks to the contract carry on.  In regards to Rogic, I can see it being a bit like Shaun Maloney.  Goes to England and within two years he's back at Celtic Park.  Smashing player aye but I can see him being lost in the English game.

Yeah I would rather speak to them now and ask if they are staying or going and lining up players now and agreeing fees before they know we have a wedge in out pocket. Mcginn is a must for me now as he can replace Armstrong or in a few years Brown. Either way I would rather get somebody in now to learn off Brown before he goes, which we should have done with Van Dijk too. Replacing Rogic will be more of a tall order though.

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah I would rather speak to them now and ask if they are staying or going and lining up players now and agreeing fees before they know we have a wedge in out pocket. Mcginn is a must for me now as he can replace Armstrong or in a few years Brown. Either way I would rather get somebody in now to learn off Brown before he goes, which we should have done with Van Dijk too. Replacing Rogic will be more of a tall order though.

Agreed, the sooner we know what is happening, the sooner we can find new players.  McGinn would be the ideal replacement for Brown.  Although I am sure I read somewhere that Kouassi was being lined up for that role.

Agreed, the sooner we know what is happening, the sooner we can find new players.  McGinn would be the ideal replacement for Brown.  Although I am sure I read somewhere that Kouassi was being lined up for that role.

Is McGinn really a replacement for brown? I wouldn’t say so.

2 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

I'd say so.  I think he's a smashing player, at what? 22, 23?, he's bound to improve.  

Good addition to the squad but imo not as Broony's replacement.

29 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

If you think back to the player Brown used to be then there are similarities. Not sure McGinn is as good though.

I'd certainly like to see us taking the chance with McGinn.

I'd certainly like to see us taking the chance with McGinn.

I agree. His drive, desire and tenacity to win the ball back and retain possession is exactly what's missing whenever Broony is sidelined.

Edit: For the avoidance of doubt, Tierney is destined to be future skipper.

29 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Excuse me cuntos, but could you just GTF with all this sweetie wife chatter about McGinn.
Thanks. emoji34.png

Don’t worry once their derisory offer of £400k + add ons is received you can start dealing with clubs down south that are prepared to pay the going rate. 

Of course if McGinn was based in France and called Pierre McGinn the offer would be £3m+