Work colleagues

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

A jumper with the collar of a shirt stitched on.  Mad that adults wear that shit.

I hate this world

10 minutes ago, Aufc said:

By the sounds of it, that is probably the only industry you have not worked in in your many jobs

There's still time!

4 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Would always offer the helpful suggestion of 'should I just switch it off and back on again?'.

As an IT professional I would break my knuckles from the amount of times I've wanted to punch friends and acquaintances who come out with this line. I don't think they're even aware that working in IT is a slightly broader field than being on a support line.

I genuinely don't understand why people are so proud of their ignorance in this area. I'm not even particularly interested in tech or computer stuff but I've learned enough to do it for a living and use it for personal projects (no, not that kind).

46 minutes ago, nsr said:

As an IT professional I would break my knuckles from the amount of times I've wanted to punch friends and acquaintances who come out with this line. I don't think they're even aware that working in IT is a slightly broader field than being on a support line.

I genuinely don't understand why people are so proud of their ignorance in this area. I'm not even particularly interested in tech or computer stuff but I've learned enough to do it for a living and use it for personal projects (no, not that kind).

Moss.jpg

I'm pretty sure the majority of people are aware that workplaces don't employ a whole department of professionals just to reset people's passwords. IT workers universally though do seem to be the easiest to send into a frothing rage in the workplace.

2 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
52 minutes ago, nsr said:

I'm pretty sure the majority of people are aware that workplaces don't employ a whole department of professionals just to reset people's passwords. IT workers universally though do seem to be the easiest to send into a frothing rage in the workplace.

We spend our time trying to get mindless and unhelpful objects to fulfil certain tasks. Asking us to interact with human beings at the same time basically doubles our workload. 

What the f**k is a shumper?!

A jumper with the collar of a shirt stitched on.  Mad that adults wear that shit.

Moonster correct on both parts. Absolutely unreal. OFTW status confirmed imo.
I hate this world

I have to work with these people?!

Hang on, a shumper is an actual thing worn by adults?

Well, there’s a real person wearing a real shumper in the office today. I mean I’m pretty sure it’s a real shumper. If I start manhandling him and it’s just a shirt / jumper combo I’ll look the idiot...

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Hang on, a shumper is an actual thing worn by adults?

There's a Geordie guy in my work who wears them all the time. He was recently outed as OFTW at the Christmas party when he showed up wearing one of his tacky shumpers and started drinking non-alcoholic lager.

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

Well, there’s a real person wearing a real shumper in the office today. I mean I’m pretty sure it’s a real shumper. If I start manhandling him and it’s just a shirt / jumper combo I’ll look the idiot...

Do it and post pics as evidence.