The BIG strip the titles thread

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Why, because we care more about our team than whether some non-existent club have titles stripped during an era where we were never competing for titles anyway? Personally I would prefer the titles to be stripped but it's very low on my priority list from what I want from our chairman.

It's a shame but I think that will be the majority view from most clubs fans, the clubs themselves imo will be delighted at doing what I think they want , nothing

Topping and now Milne were testing the water

Only fan protests stopped the new Rangers from re-entering the SPL or Div 1, I believe the clubs were simply forced into action.

It really is a shame to do nothing about industrial scale cheating and corruption of any idea of fair play.

I wonder how history will view this episode

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as they bear in mind that the Supreme Court verdict is a totally separate issue from paying the players half up-front with regular and registered contracts and half in the sleekit modern day 'cash in brown envelope' EBT method.

THAT is where Rangers cheated football and why the titles and trophies should be voided.

The Tax scheme is where they cheated the Exchequer.

Keep it simple. The 'guilty' parties seek to make it as complex as they can. That is how this issue has run so long.

Just now, Henke said:

"The Scottish Professional Football League will review Rangers' use of a controversial tax scheme, Hibernian chairman Rod Petrie has told the BBC.

It follows a Supreme Court ruling in favour of HM Revenue and Customs over the club's use of Employee Benefit Trusts between 2001 and 2010.

The SPFL's new board was meeting on Monday following its annual elections.

But it is unlikely to make a decision about the Supreme Court ruling that deemed the EBT scheme unlawful .

A Scottish Premier League commission, headed by Lord Nimmo-Smith, into the club's use of the scheme found Rangers to be in breach of player registration rules.

But it resisted calls for Rangers to be stripped of titles won in the period of EBT use.

However, following the Supreme Court ruling, Celtic said they expected the SPFL to review the 2013 decision that their city rivals "did not gain any unfair competitive advantage".

That judgement was made at a time when the scheme was deemed acceptable by a 2012 tax tribunal.

More to follow."

Unlawful? 

At no time has HMRC or the supreme court ever said that the ebt scheme was unlawful, it was a dispute over amount due which HMRC won after a lengthy process by arguing that the loans should've been taxable.

Legal or illegal never came in to it. Very poor reporting.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Unlawful? 

At no time has HMRC or the supreme court ever said that the ebt scheme was unlawful, it was a dispute over amount due which HMRC won after a lengthy process by arguing that the loans should've been taxable.

Legal or illegal never came in to it. Very poor reporting.

Aye, there has been a lot of poor reporting all through the past 5 or 6 years.

I wonder which side benefitted most form the slack journalism?

I think that the titles won by Rangers during the EBT period should be marked with a * next to them in the record books. 

That way the stars they currently wear with pride upon their jerseys can signify the tainted titles they won. 

2 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

I think that the titles won by Rangers during the EBT period should be marked with a * next to them in the record books. 

That way the stars they currently wear with pride upon their jerseys can signify the tainted titles they won. 

'what do those 5 stars on your Sports Direct replica shirt  represent?'

they symbolise the titles we won by being the Greatest Cheats The World Has Ever Seen. WATP'

3 minutes ago, Henke said:

genuine question here,what do you think the final outcome will be regarding title stripping/EBT yrs?,..as ye know every other SPFL teams fans want titles stripped,..obviously the rangers support don't,

Mob rule again?

It's been dealt with, a hefty binding punishment was given to Rangers but maybe altered to appease an online rabble..

Due to the make up of the spfl (the clubs) claims of bias and agendas will never be far away.

2 minutes ago, Henke said:

No just don't like financial doping or cheating,whilst every other club had to live within its means

Every club had to live within their means" Did they?

"Financial doping" Just a meaningless buzzword.

2 minutes ago, Ken Fitlike said:

'hefty' punishment:lol:

Loose change to you.

"The Scottish Professional Football League will review Rangers' use of a controversial tax scheme, Hibernian chairman Rod Petrie has told the BBC"

no doubt discussions will not focus on doing the right thing, but rather on how to get away with fudging around allowing the wrong thing to stand.

57 minutes ago, bennett said:

Mob rule again?

It's been dealt with, a hefty binding punishment was given to Rangers but maybe altered to appease an online rabble..

Due to the make up of the spfl (the clubs) claims of bias and agendas will never be far away.

I'm sorry but what 'hefty punishment' did Rangers receive?

25 minutes ago, McQuade said:

Except they weren't loans ,they were income and not paying tax on it is unlawful

HMRC accepted after the FTT and the UTT that they were indeed loans.

That has not changed.

1 hour ago, Henke said:

No just don't like financial doping or cheating,whilst every other most clubs had to live within its means and a lot of others, too, spent money they didn't have.

Expect a few words reply if he thinks 5 lines is a war and peace sized novel.

I realised this later on today, the mobile app is a different format so looked pretty long. My mistake.

Archived