The BIG strip the titles thread

9 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

I don't suppose any of them can explain WHY Rangers are unlikely to face any further action from the SPFL?

Come on you SPFL chappies, kindly give us your rationale as to why a club which sustained a policy of deliberately fielding teams of dual-contract players for 10 years should still be officially recorded as fair sporting winners of the titles they gained.

Without the ' ah well LNS already dealt with the culprit for housebreaking, so sadly there is No Mechanism to revisit and deal with the murder he perpetrated during the crime' line of explanation.

Quite simply put Ken, they have written their rules in such a manner that once judgement/ruling has been passed it is final.

Unless? The/Rangers do the right thing and challenge the initial SPL commission by appealing to resolve this matter and prove their innocence ":lol:", It is in the SPFL's rulebooks that any decision can be challenged/appealed by said club/person that has been punished/found guilty of anything. It does not matter about the time-line considering the gravity of the Supreme courts outcome, if The Rangers wish Rangers to be cleared of all claims against them then they have the power to have the matter resolved once and for all.

More to the point though?, I'd prefer they pulled out the old rulebooks Rangers broke/breached at the time they committed their offences because they were the rules & regulations Rangers broke/breached at the time they were breaking/breaching the rules. Not only would it kill off Rangers FC PLC est1872/3 it would also find them guilty of institutional cheating for a decade and titles would be striped of titles in a mandatory fashion. The new rules & regulations were written so this could not happen and would reveal how corrupt the associations really are when it comes to Rangers FC's.

I expect tomorrow to be a whitewash and a statement released claiming there is no such mechanism to find them guiltier as Kinky puts it. My hope is that a few brave souls actually know that The Rangers can have the case reopened and publicly say so, and then the ball is clearly in Kings court that if Rangers won them fairly and squarely then he can prove to the world by having the SPL commission reopened. But we all know that The Rangers/King won't do so but the knowledge that The Rangers shat it to do so will leave a sour taste in The Rangers fans mouth knowing their club shat it to prove they won them titles fairly.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I really didn't.  I accepted that it was in place and I couldn't do anything about it.

I said I thought it was wrong though, so obviously I'd welcome it being re-visited.  I know it's not happening though.

Why are you claiming this find as some sort of coup?  Have you got amnesia?  You dug the same post up a few months ago when looking for evidence of me saying beforehand that I'd accept the ruling as correct and that would be that.  Obviously, you couldn't find any, so quoted a craftily edited version of the post you've inexplicably returned to here.

Are you alright?

Classic monkey, i can't arsed with another seventy or so posts on the subject so meh....

6 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

I don't want to hurt my club by not buying tickets etc in protest at this 'Move On, It's All Done and Dusted' stitch-up.

However, if enough fans start to BOYCOTT the catering franchise* and all the various sponsors - that may start to get a bit of pressure exerted.

* a co-ordinated sandwich eating session outside the turnstiles, no pies etc bought at the kiosks,  just to get Sodexo on their toes

I for one will not be obtaining any oilfield equipment from Saltire Energy.

all clubs would have the equivalent of this batch of 'partnerships' -  a bit of lobbying see what their views are on being associated with a participant in this unfair sporting fix. Negative publicity and all that......

sponsors.JPG

JR Ewing is alive and well on p and B.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Don't post pointless shit then.

Thought it was a decent post from you at the time, even although you didn't like verdict you'd still accept it.

"Anyway, I do accept LNS's verdict, in that in law, it stands. I simply must accept it and therefore do"

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Thought it was a decent post from you at the time, even although you didn't like verdict you'd still accept it.

"Anyway, I do accept LNS's verdict, in that in law, it stands. I simply must accept it and therefore do"

Och, stop it.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm afraid that this time there really is no great appetite to make a fuss.

Even on the Rangers threads on here, there are Ps and Ds saying it's time to move on and that it's not important.  Unless a serious legal challenge is mounted (presumably, and regrettably, by Celtic) then this is an injustice we'll just need to endure.

It really does stink though.

I find it strange that nobody cares. The SFA's handling of the whole Rangers mess, at the very least ought to be investigated. Fans have moaned about them for years over various things that they have handled but in truth THIS is the one people should be getting upset about.

I also have to admit I'd care less if I wasn't being told that I should "Move on" by the spineless idiots that run our teams. There is nothing less likely to make everyone forget about it than telling people who have every right to be annoyed, that they should not be annoyed and ought to do what they say and be quiet now.

8 hours ago, Ken Fitlike said:

I don't want to hurt my club by not buying tickets etc in protest at this 'Move On, It's All Done and Dusted' stitch-up..

6 hours ago, Paralytic Critic said:

If fans really feel this strong about the stitch up but do not want to hurt their own clubs in the process then they should buy the tickets, but refuse to go to the games.

From what I have been reading though it's looking more and more like our chairmen and women are going to allow Sevco to get away this. So maybe all other clubs do actually need to get the pinch of a boycott to make them realise what they have done.

There is no stitch up and no 'getting away with it'.  The SFA held an enquiry and found us guilty and punished us.  The SPL did likewise.  We haven't got away with anything.

33 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I find it strange that nobody cares. The SFA's handling of the whole Rangers mess, at the very least ought to be investigated. Fans have moaned about them for years over various things that they have handled but in truth THIS is the one people should be getting upset about.

I'm not sure what either the SFA or the SPFL could have done differently.  Two independent enquiries, two guilty verdicts and two sets of punishment.

Of course, that justice has been done won't satisfy the atavistic traits of the moon-howlers and their compliant diddy arse-wipes.

29 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I also have to admit I'd care less if I wasn't being told that I should "Move on" by the spineless idiots that run our teams. There is nothing less likely to make everyone forget about it than telling people who have every right to be annoyed, that they should not be annoyed and ought to do what they say and be quiet now.

A big part of it though is that it's not immediate and although it's actually quite simple, it's presented as complicated, or is presented as being about something quite different.  

Despite how many bawbags you get on here, it is a relatively well informed constituency, certainly moreso than a general cross section of fans would be.  Even here though, loads of the voices come from people who genuinely haven't a clue what this is about.  

Hoping wider fanbases will get on board is, I'm afraid, forlorn.

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

There is no stitch up and no 'getting away with it'.  The SFA held an enquiry and found us guilty and punished us.  The SPL did likewise.  We haven't got away with anything.

I'm not sure what either the SFA or the SPFL could have done differently.  Two independent enquiries, two guilty verdicts and two sets of punishment.

Of course, that justice has been done won't satisfy the atavistic traits of the moon-howlers and their compliant diddy arse-wipes.

Is that the Cockwombles hand shoved right up yer arse again? I can hear his voice every time I read one of your pish stained posts like it was him.

I'd have thought not entering into an agreement pre-determining the result, or at least pre-determining the 'punishments' with the accused , would assist you in the "what more could they have done" argument.

13 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I'd have thought not entering into an agreement pre-determining the result, or at least pre-determining the 'punishments' with the accused , would assist you in the "what more could they have done" argument.

There really should be a thread to corral you Scottish football conspiracy theorists.  You've now reached the 'point and laugh' stage as confirmed by your club's chairman.

2 minutes ago, thekorean said:

Not sure these people are actual football fans or just Rangers haters.

Jesus, spend more time here than on their alleged team thread.

Don't be obtuse.  It's all about the Rangers but, if it had been Celtic breaking the rules for 11 years, it would be all about the Celtic, instead.

Are you too stupid to understand that?

1 minute ago, The DA said:

Don't be obtuse.  It's all about the Rangers but, if it had been Celtic breaking the rules for 11 years, it would be all about the Celtic, instead.

Are you too stupid to understand that?

Uh huh. :rolleyes:

Archived