Shopping Thread

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Deary me.

Anyway, along with the trainers I bought a new pair of jeans, pack of boxers and 3 new T-shirts. Pretty happy with the haul. :)

Post pics of the "haul" and give us another laugh, those trainers are horrendous :lol:

Post pics of the "haul" and give us another laugh, those trainers are horrendous :lol:

As you can see, I pretty much love Replay. Great brand of clothes.

The hoodie was ordered at an earlier date so should arrive today or tomorrow, got it at a good price as well. :)

post-30760-13889962433142_thumb.jpg

post-30760-13889962558413_thumb.jpg

post-30760-13889962723952_thumb.jpg

post-30760-13889962843941_thumb.jpg

post-30760-13889962989984_thumb.jpg

post-30760-13889963116769_thumb.jpg

zx750 are excellent trainers - well made, comfortable and stylish. At the risk of calling my sexuality into question from a bunch of peopIe who doubtless think Voi plimsolls are stylish I'm willing to admit I also own the pair KeeperDee has just bought (as well as some other colourways).

Unlike Reid there I find them true to size though - bought a half size up once (didn't have my exact size) and they are a little too big.

zx750 are excellent trainers - well made, comfortable and stylish. At the risk of calling my sexuality into question from a bunch of peopIe who doubtless think Voi plimsolls are stylish I'm willing to admit I also own the pair KeeperDee has just bought (as well as some other colourways).

Unlike Reid there I find them true to size though - bought a half size up once (didn't have my exact size) and they are a little too big.

I'm size 11 in feet, so I sure hope to f**k they are true to size. :lol:

I'm 12 in some, 12.5 in others, even 11.5 occasionally. :huh:

Adidas has the reputation of being small made, but not always. I need a half size up in Adistar Racers and Beckenbauer Allrounds, but most I find true to size and even go a half size down in Potosino and Handball Spezial.

I'm 12 in some, 12.5 in others, even 11.5 occasionally.  :huh:

Adidas has the reputation of being small made, but not always. I need a half size up in Adistar Racers and Beckenbauer Allrounds, but most I find true to size and even go a half size down in Potosino and Handball Spezial.

I'm actually looking to add a few pairs of trainers to my collection. Got 10 pairs so far (including the zx750's I just bought), but I feel I need some more variety of colour.

What would you suggest?

Also the two dark navy ones beside each other are a pair of gazelles and basket profi's, before anyone suggests I have two of the same pair :P

post-30760-13890011300179_thumb.jpg

I'm actually looking to add a few pairs of trainers to my collection. Got 10 pairs so far (including the zx750's I just bought), but I feel I need some more variety of colour.

What would you suggest?

Also the two dark navy ones beside each other are a pair of gazelles and basket profi's, before anyone suggests I have two of the same pair :P

I'm almost exclusively into adidas, apart from a couple of pairs of Diadora Borgs.

With adidas it depends what you're going for. If you want style for a night out it's the City series for me (London, Dublin, Hamburg etc) but if it's walking or general activity then it would be runners for certain. I love the zx range but also Oregon, Samoa.

The best looking pair I own are definitely Trimm Star, brown with cherry ///. Gorgeous! The most comfortable are zx500.

As for colourways, it is a bit tricky sometimes when you have to take into account colouring of clothing. Trainer experts I've spoken to generally suggest you buy the colourways of trainers to go with your shirt or polo, the rule being the colour of the three stripes should be the same as the colour of your top. So, say for example you wore those red samba - the /// are white so you'd wear a white polo. I kind of manage to do this more often than not, but it's trickier than you'd think!

As for New Balance, I know of a guy on a collectors group who collects them and nothing else and he always bangs on about paying more and buying the UK made ones because the quality is so much better. That said, the UK made NB are about £100-£180, so it aint for everyone.

Finally, join some fb groups where there are other trainer collectors, because apart from great advice you can sometimes get in quickly on websites with great bargains that you'd otherwise never know about or find. I got a pair of Oregon for £23, zx700 for £32, Gazelle OG for £32 etc when other folk pay full price all the time, which gets expensive if you're collecting. Good luck! :thumsup2

I'm almost exclusively into adidas, apart from a couple of pairs of Diadora Borgs.

With adidas it depends what you're going for. If you want style for a night out it's the City series for me (London, Dublin, Hamburg etc) but if it's walking or general activity then it would be runners for certain. I love the zx range but also Oregon, Samoa.

The best looking pair I own are definitely Trimm Star, brown with cherry ///. Gorgeous! The most comfortable are zx500.

As for colourways, it is a bit tricky sometimes when you have to take into account colouring of clothing. Trainer experts I've spoken to generally suggest you buy the colourways of trainers to go with your shirt or polo, the rule being the colour of the three stripes should be the same as the colour of your top. So, say for example you wore those red samba - the /// are white so you'd wear a white polo. I kind of manage to do this more often than not, but it's trickier than you'd think!

As for New Balance, I know of a guy on a collectors group who collects them and nothing else and he always bangs on about paying more and buying the UK made ones because the quality is so much better. That said, the UK made NB are about £100-£180, so it aint for everyone.

Finally, join some fb groups where there are other trainer collectors, because apart from great advice you can sometimes get in quickly on websites with great bargains that you'd otherwise never know about or find. I got a pair of Oregon for £23, zx700 for £32, Gazelle OG for £32 etc when other folk pay full price all the time, which gets expensive if you're collecting. Good luck! :thumsup2

Awesome advice. Cheers. :)

Archived