The rise in prices for football Tops

Usually buy my dad the home jersey every year for Man Utd and myself the Man City jersey. He is a Utd diehard and I started supporting City as a youngster just to spite him. 

We go to a few games every season would like to go more but the traveling and match day cost is far from cheap. 

Anyway this season both teams are looking for £60 for the home Jersey and £7 postage. So much for the working mans game. 

Do you guys notice a big rise in prices ? And where do you draw the line in forking out for your club ? 

stupid price if you ask me - but then i would never pay sixty quid for a shirt of any sort, football or otherwise, being a tight fisted (and scruffy) old twat an' all

many bargains to be had at https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk if you don't feel the need to have the latest shirts - i got a 2016 HV shirt on there for fifteen quid - they're still on sale via the club shop for more than twice that price !

general consensus for EPL shirts is to buy them via SportsDirect - you might be supporting exploitative employers, zero hours contracts, cambodian slave labour, and an ex-Rangers drunken fat b*****d, but if it gets you 25% off the cost of what you want, hide your morals up your arse for five minutes and take advantage of the free market economy I say !

27 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

why would you need to send off for man u/city jerseys,theyre easy enough to get on the high street,alas

Imagine he wants to cut out the middle man and have all proceeds go to the club? Unfortunately, adidas will reap most of the price tag anyway.

The cost of producing tops has hardly risen, only slightly so for the 'player grade' ones (we're talking about pennies); the inflated pricetags are a result of market research (enough fans will still buy them at raised prices) and the financial insanity going on in modern football (how many hundreds of millions of Pounds do the top teams get from Nike and adidas?).

@diamond_for_life consider spiting your old man again by getting him the new FC United of Manchester top, only 39 Quid from the club's online store. It's supporting what Man Utd was, and rejecting what it has become; http://www.fcumshop.co.uk/_buyProduct.php?back=1&page=page20&news=681

3 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

The cost of producing tops has hardly risen, only slightly so for the 'player grade' ones (we're talking about pennies); the inflated pricetags are a result of market research (enough fans will still buy them at raised prices) and the financial insanity going on in modern football (how many hundreds of millions of Pounds do the top teams get from Nike and adidas?).

that's it in a nutshell.and why ticket prices have risen ridiculously over the years.bottom line is we're seen as a captive audience and treated accordingly like idiots

15 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

Usually buy my dad the home jersey every year for Man Utd and myself the Man City jersey. He is a Utd diehard and I started supporting City as a youngster just to spite him. 

I hope your dad is really enjoying tearing in to you after the introduction of City's new thirty five million quid's worth of comedy goalkeeper during the friendly in the US ???

8)

We go to a few games every season would like to go more but the traveling and match day cost is far from cheap. 

Anyway this season both teams are looking for £60 for the home Jersey and £7 postage. So much for the working mans game. 

Do you guys notice a big rise in prices ? And where do you draw the line in forking out for your club ? 

Try the site www.shirtbyclub.co.uk

My best mate always wanted the England home top and didn't want to pay the price so I ordered it off there. They have a sale on that all tops are 17 quid. It comes from China so I was worried that it would be a fake but it was the real deal. I got him the top shorts and after postage I was only charged 28 quid

68c890c3e79bf3ddc11e52a8a3a1339d.jpg93354d57a165a8a10a31c1efa2410e8d.jpg

Why are you and your da supporting English football teams. Genuine question?

I usually buy my nephew a top for his birthday or at Christmas, or whenever I am on holiday and can pick up something relatively unusual. The cost for kids sizes is fucking abysmal now, paying as much if not more than an adult top was costing 5 or 6 years ago. The profit margin in that industry is monumental. Seem to recall reading that Liverpool will have two version of their top produced, one for the western world and one for the skins countries. Not sure what the difference in quality was, but the price difference was relatively huge. 15 quid odds versus 60 quid odds for an adult top.

Try the site www.shirtbyclub.co.uk

My best mate always wanted the England home top and didn't want to pay the price so I ordered it off there. They have a sale on that all tops are 17 quid. It comes from China so I was worried that it would be a fake but it was the real deal. I got him the top shorts and after postage I was only charged 28 quid

68c890c3e79bf3ddc11e52a8a3a1339d.jpg93354d57a165a8a10a31c1efa2410e8d.jpg

Pretty sure those are fakes.

(genuinely) refreshing to read this thread - with its United/City content initiated by a fan from Airdrie - without a load of knee-jerk wankery about Manure, gloryhunting, not living in the town your team comes from and all the usual mind-numbing, cretinous drivel that anything of this nature would provoke on message boards populated by supporters of predominantly English (Premiership) clubs; sensible discussion, helpful input, and the bare minimum of (obviously obligatory) piss taking - excellent stuff; the level of discussion about the game on P&B is light years ahead of that sort of drivelling shite; handing out greenies wholesale would be a bit effeminate, but suffice to say that you may all sit hunched over your monitors and tablets gently illuminated in a rosy glow of self-satisfaction...you set of porridge-guzzling fucktards (obviously don't want to appear too friendly, do we) :P

4 hours ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

6e233a27081698f64943f974cb573a5e.jpg

That's the top I got for my mate off there. 100% not a fake

95% likely will be a fake.

The majority if football top fakes now are a lot better now than the massively obvious ones you see in beach resort shops.

Noone is likely going to look closely enough to notice anyway, so for £17 you might as well.

Archived