St Mirren v Falkirk SPFL Championship 5/8/17

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

You guys are obviously convinced that we all just think we need to turn up to win. There's confidence around us just now given that we are winning, but we have all been around long enough to know that this is Falkirk. emoji16.png

Genuinely, given both these teams opening day records I think this is a stick on 1-1.

Trust me we are no different than you guys past few years has been hell. Ross's management skills are very high he can bring the best out of players given time this game will be close. Have a feeling Ross will get the Hearts gig as they know him. 

7 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Trust me we are no different than you guys past few years has been hell. Ross's management skills are very high he can bring the best out of players given time this game will be close. Have a feeling Ross will get the Hearts gig as they know him. 

I doubt it after the way things went the last time he was there. 

No chance, unless levein is following Cathro out the door.

I would also imagine their next appointment would be of a considerably higher profile and experience of Ross.

3 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

A big season for Jack Ross as to me isn't as much the Messiah as St Mirren claim to be, he turned up for 3 months of the 7 last season and will struggle with lesser quality signings to replace better players.

He had St Mirren eventually playing some decent stuff and that perhaps has won him plaudits, I still think an experienced manager would've had St Mirren safer long before Jack did, something we will never know

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

A big season for Jack Ross as to me isn't as much the Messiah as St Mirren claim to be, he turned up for 3 months of the 7 last season and will struggle with lesser quality signings to replace better players.

He had St Mirren eventually playing some decent stuff and that perhaps has won him plaudits, I still think an experienced manager would've had St Mirren safer long before Jack did, something we will never know

Can only go on what i seen at the tail end of last season and interviews after each game on Saints tv. Players who were not performing before Ross came in improved drastically Loy was one of them. However you could be right this season should give us a better idea. Mallan can not be replaced on our budget, Loy is with you. That's it the rest are still with us. An e-mail sent out by our 1877 club read expect two signings to come in. No idea who they are I would say we need another striker and a hard no nonsense midfielder if we are to put up a serious challenge. Looking forward to Saturday's game two teams who can play football and fans with high expectations should make for a good atmosphere. Enjoy the game but no too much. 

You seem to have missed the point that he has not actually gone yet (much to the disgust of our BOD).

Yes, that was the point. I'm as shocked as everyone that he hasn't got has big money move after Falkirk fans collectively tarting him around for about 2 years. Unlike Stevie Mallan of course.

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Believe me Ross won't go to Hearts as long as Levein is there

1 hour ago, kanyewestbank said:

For the optimistic Falkirk fans and fatalistic saints fans ,the odds and handicap on this game look like a licence to print money

You see us having a heavy defeat. That Thistle game really did spook you. To be flair it did to me also. On a brighter note I don't see us putting up that kind of performance in the opening game of the season. Falkirk are great value it has to be said. 

I don't think we'll be as bad as Firhill. That said they are in good form we are not, it always looks like we'll concede in a game, we have a honking record on opening day and a honking record via Falkirk. Looking positive from a Saints perspective. :lol: