Fantasy Fitba 17/18 - The Last Leg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Fantasy Fitba said:

Phase 1 players should have mail with access to Phase 2 squad selection!

ICYMI - Fraser Garrow's IronPyrites are our Phase 1 champs:

Fantasy Fitba | News | Phase 1 Champion Revealed

617d66_a47094f467e54de391c77c5726f0f20e~

Are the points scratched after phase one? Wasn't registered for it, bit naff if I kick off a zillion points behind everyone.

On 05/08/2017 at 14:38, RussellAnderson said:

Three goals from the first match, Griffiths and Isma. Lovely stuff. 

Edit to add: 

Here's my team

Marciano

Shaughnessy; Routis; Arnason; Tavernier. 

Armstrong; Christie; Allan; Frear. 

Griffiths; Isma. 

Isma, Allan, Marciano and Frear all v disappointing for me in Phase 1. 

Mannus

Tavernier Teirney Berra Tait

McGinn Erskine Christie Docherty

May Griffiths

A much better effort IMO.

671d8b480c899ab3fd9187c29056a035.jpg

Entirely reliant on that midfield scooping points up. Feel like I should've used Griffiths as my second Celtic player instead of Boyata though.

That front line [emoji23]

Bit nonplussed by the idea you can change your entire team when the phase changes.
Better to limit it to say, three or four changes I'd have thought.

We had thought about this but decided against for a couple of reasons.

Firstly it was so that Phase 2 could be a standalone competition in itself with all managers old and new being given the privilege of being able to pick an entirely new team.

Secondly, squad selection is the single biggest victim of the 'two blokes, one week, zero budget' nature of our game. The format in which we receive the squad selection data would mean that making select changes would be quite an arduous task. Everything at the back end is pretty much done 'by hand' including the input of match data and player point calculations. Between running the game as it stands and having conversations about developing a full, week-to-week game we're already at risk of losing jobs and girlfriends at this rate!

The dream is that polished game with the weekly management options that mean a greater level of strategy. We've found the knowledge to achieve that but we're far off finding the money needed to pay for it!

Thanks for the reply.

I must admit, the idea of making changes every single week fills me with horror too, so I'd still prefer two or three windows in the year to tweak my XI, but fully understand your reasons for doing it this way.

Better to build up slowly and not scunner yourselves too.

f8519add482c77b506ca5d6fe6aa2904.jpg

My phase two team.

Fight me you lil bitches.

Hate to break it to you mate, but you've selected double players from three teams (Celtic, **** and us) rather than the permitted two.

Sinclair and Griff up top is a good shout though, and something I toyed with for a while.

Eta: actually make that 4 teams, two Jambos as well!

Hate to break it to you mate, but you've selected double players from three teams (Celtic, **** and us) rather than the permitted two.

Sinclair and Griff up top is a good shout though, and something I toyed with for a while.

Oh shit I’ve done this as well.

@fantasyfitba man, what do I do? Just resubmit a new team?

Completely forgot about that [emoji23] will enter a new team and hope it gets used

Oh shit I’ve done this as well.

@fantasyfitba man, what do I do? Just resubmit a new team?

Submitting a new squad is fine. When it comes to new managers we can't guarantee the same leeway due to time constraints. Depending on how many squads are entered it may take long enough to input just the valid squads without finding the capacity to contact all those with invalid ones and asking them to resubmit.

So new managers: pay close attention please!

Archived