Stenhousemuir -vs- Stirling Albion

I like Stirling Albion as a club but for all my being I hope we beat them for the sake of Jake.
A waste of skin and chemicals. 

How cute.

Hope we fucking hammer you so I can get it right up you.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've no love for Chris Smith, might give him a wee bit of heckling for a laugh, but my main target will be that waste of oxygen Eddie Ferns. An utter cretin of a human being. 
But that's all just scenery. It's all about getting the 3 points, and off to a winning start. Brimming with (over)confidence due to the League Cup performances. What can possibly go wrong? :lol:

It must've made you absolutely sick seeing a "waste of oxygen" strutting round your own ground, league medal round his neck :lol:
8b0d49f839c4446418dc8c67a3387c34.jpg

How cute.

Hope we fucking hammer you so I can get it right up you.

You need to take a chill pill otherwise it's going to be a long season.

And what exactly are you planning on getting "right up" him?

That Alloa fan from last season has some competition it would seem.

You need to take a chill pill otherwise it's going to be a long season.

And what exactly are you planning on getting "right up" him?

That Alloa fan from last season has some competition it would seem.

I will goad and goad, just as he probably will if they win.

Anyway, into this gang Stirling.

9 minutes ago, Matty1945 said:

But... but... Eddie Ferns

Is he battering everyone in the car park right now?

That was a pretty entertaining game of football, all in. Plenty of action, good chances at both ends of the park and a goalkeeper almost scoring a last-minute equaliser with a header. Credit to Stirling Albion - while we were the better side in the first half, they ran over the top of us in the second and we had no real answer to them. They won almost every second ball and had us pegged deep in our own half for long spells.

In Callum Morrison (where on earth did you find him!) they had the game's outstanding player, someone who seemed to petrify any opponent nearby. His goal, his team's equaliser was the perfect example - Mick Dunlop, a very experienced, sure-footed defender, was terrified to meet the winger and dropped off him, allowing Morrison to weave into the box and shoot (cross?) at goal. Peter MacDonald didn't do much other than throw himself around but his contribution to his team's first goal was smashing, boys just bounced off him before he played in Darren Lee Smith to finish.

They're a handy side, Stirling Albion, and they'll probably do well. Shouts to their support today, it's been a while since the terracing looked as well-stocked as that.

As for us, well, I think the midfield just ran out of legs in the second half and allowed the visitors to dominate. The gameplan, which worked very well in the first 45 minutes, was to play balls over the top for Mark McGuigan to run onto. McGuigan was pretty excellent over the course of the match but he was left with very little to work with after the interval, with balls punted toward his general direction rather than clever long passes. He worked well with Jamie Longworth but, again, this was in the first half. Ross Smith and Ross McGeachie are two bang-average centre-backs but they seemed to have him sussed the longer the game went on.

It's a very disappointing result but it is not undeserved. We really need a bit more variety off the bench because chucking on Colin McMenamin isn't going to work. We need fast wide players in at the earliest opportunity.

(As an aside, what is the beef between Stirling Albion fans and Eddie Fearns? He's a below-average League 2 player and I can't understand why anyone would be fussed about him.)

(As an aside, what is the beef between Stirling Albion fans and Eddie Fearns?

While at the Albion he offered out a square go to a supporter and in general was fucking shite. The abuse he receives off us is merited.

Stenny look a good side, number 7 especially. You'll be up there.

Entertaining game. As has been said we were on top first half and deserved the lead, but we just weren't at the races second half. Despite that it took a cracking save at the end to prevent us taking a point.

Still too early to say how we will do, but I feel that was two of the better teams in the league. At least I hope that's the case.

Good result today and despite making a couple of defensive errors in the first half, we got back into the game and were a bit fortunate just into the 2nd half when Stenny missed a glorious chance to go 3-1 up we dominated the second half and thanks to Callum Morrison who scored 1 and set up 1 we got the points we deserved for our second half performance.

Also Cammy Binnie deserves a mention for a great save near the death to save us the 3 points, just hope Callum Morrison is fit next week for the visit of Berwick after he picked up a knock near the end. 

Archived