FA Cup 2017/18

Eednud

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/05/2018 at 11:46, Richey Edwards said:

One team scoring a penalty then defending with 8 men, one team playing as if they don't know how to score. What an awful awful game of football that was.

Best league in the world etc...:lol::lol:

1 minute ago, Girth said:

Best league in the world etc...:lol::lol:

I always wonder what people mean when they say that the Premiership is the "best in the world". Do they mean that it has the best players, the best teams or the most excitement? Because it has none of these things. I don't even consider it real football. I read someone describing it as the "glossy Disney version of football" (I can't remember if it was on here or elsewhere) and I wholly agree with that assessment.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I always wonder what people mean when they say that the Premiership is the "best in the world". Do they mean that it has the best players, the best teams or the most excitement? Because it has none of these things. I don't even consider it real football. I read someone describing it as the "glossy Disney version of football" (I can't remember if it was on here or elsewhere) and I wholly agree with that assessment.

It's like watching the Royal Wedding or reading 'Hello!' magazine. Fantasy disconnected shite. 

People always ask me why I like lower league stuff...simply because it's real. 

Just now, Girth said:

It's like watching the Royal Wedding or reading 'Hello!' magazine. Fantasy disconnected shite. 

People always ask me why I like lower league stuff...simply because it's real. 

Yeah, people ask me why I support Ayr United when they never win anything. I didn't choose to support a team based on how many titles they won, I chose to support Ayr United because I am from Ayr. It's part of being proud of where you come from, and the plastic league's fake fans will never understand that.

I'd rather support Ayr United during the most horrendous relegation season possible than support a team from hundreds of miles away who happen to win some trophies to tepid applause from their fans, who don't understand that they're part of the reason why the top table of football is often a closed-shop and smaller teams can't compete with super rich worldwide brands (I refuse to call them football clubs).

39 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yeah, people ask me why I support Ayr United when they never win anything. I didn't choose to support a team based on how many titles they won, I chose to support Ayr United because I am from Ayr. It's part of being proud of where you come from, and the plastic league's fake fans will never understand that.

I'd rather support Ayr United during the most horrendous relegation season possible than support a team from hundreds of miles away who happen to win some trophies to tepid applause from their fans, who don't understand that they're part of the reason why the top table of football is often a closed-shop and smaller teams can't compete with super rich worldwide brands (I refuse to call them football clubs).

Admittedly I was glory hunting little shite but when I hit early teens I started backing my beloved Hereford United (R.I.P) - now Hereford F.C.

We were really crap for years until we hit form early 00s. I was there when we went down in 1996/1997. I felt empty. 

United going bust really hurt but we'd been sold down the river. 

I've not seen the whole town this united since our good times. People love the new club.

• 2 months later...

Last season's thread obviously, but thought it worth bumping to post this: the audio of the communication between the referee, his assistant and the VAR which led to the award of Chelsea's cup-winning penalty.

Archived