• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank God for that. Well done Motherwell, that's a game that we lose nine times out of ten but not this time.

We've no chance against Aberdeen though, it's been a while since we've lost a Cup match to them at Fir Park, looks like we're due another one.

Still, who knows? Anything can happen.

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

Thank God for that. Well done Motherwell, that's a game that we lose nine times out of ten but not this time.

We've no chance against Aberdeen though, it's been a while since we've lost a Cup match to them at Fir Park, looks like we're due another one.

You're fuckin dead boring, eh.

We lost a cup match to them at fir park in 2012.

Anyway, great result tonight for us, can't remember the last time we won a game in extra time [emoji2]

2 minutes ago, maplewell said:

We lost a cup match to them at fir park in 2012.

Anyway, great result tonight for us, can't remember the last time we won a game in extra time emoji2.png

We lost two cup matches to them at Fir Park in 2012, in different seasons. We also lost 2-0 to them a year later in the League Cup when they were down to 10 men for 77 minutes.

I don't see us beating them but I would love it, FUCKING LOVE IT if we did.

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Aberdeen's first goal in the Scottish Cup Quarter Final 2012 came from a corner which should have been a Motherwell goal kick. Still bitter about that.

Edit- was that the day of Lasley's attempted murder of Fraser Fyvie too? :lol:

Aye that was that day.

We were dire that day, a classic McCall's Motherwell bottle job as we had a good team then and Aberdeen were gash and couldn't buy a win against us in the league. We played them at Fir Park the following week and beat them. Then the following season we played Aberdeen at Fir Park twice in the December, once in the Cup then in the league on Boxing Day. Needless to say we didn't tun up for the Cup tie and got pumped then took four off them in the league.

I see this tie will be played the midweek before meeting them in the league at Fir Park and if I had a choice I'd take beating them in the Cup and reaching a Semi Final even if it meant we lost to them in the league fixture. Make it happen 'Well!

Archived