Ferry Boys vs Super Ayr

14 hours ago, Car54wherareyou said:

As for Ayr they remind me of Alloa early last season everything is falling right for them,everything seems to go through Moffat,having seen the two in successive games,I fancy Raith,if Moffat gets injured they could struggle whereas Raith have 4 or 5 class players in attack.Why Okoh started today was a mystery we had 10 men in the first half.

Yet Moore and McDaid have both scored more goals. Plus you played Ayr at home and Raith away. It's too early for those kind of assumptions.

Moffat is a great player, though, no doubt.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Split second out with the photo as the ball has left players foot and players will have moved , I was right in line with it and not offside , ref was equally as bad for both teams , some of his decisions were unbelievable Jeff

Garbage, that was the closest he was to being onside after the boy took possession, it's no big deal but it WAS CLEARLY offside.

1 hour ago, pogo1910 said:

Few things from the game i need to ask about

Cammy Belford, is he just a weapons grade bellend against us? When you pulled it back to 3-3 you would have thought he had won the world cup the way he was running round the pitch.

Were Stranraer happy to play for the draw and waste time by putting 6 ballboys behind the Ayr goal 4 of them standing at the same post whilst having none down either side of the pitch? Cheeky wee b*****ds too when asked to spread out a bit so kids in the crowd could see past them.

£1 for a can of Pepsi poured into a polystyrene cup (after standing in a queue from 2.50 til 3.15 to get it. Even Navid would be embarrassed at that. The length of time it took to get served i think they were re boiling the kettle every time someone wanted a hot drink. 

Your right re the refreshments we also complain about it ! Think the away stall is only open when Ayr come to play and maybe Raith other games have no segregation but even the home end food is poor .... anyway as a consolation we gave you 4 goals and our clown keeper to keep you entertained ....

10 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

How many staff were working in away pie stall. We had only 2 fir over 500 home fans. I queued with my boy 5minutes before halftime and only got served as 2nd half started. Joke.

2 girls...and the steak pies were sold out before 3pm

35 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

How many staff were working in away pie stall. We had only 2 fir over 500 home fans. I queued with my boy 5minutes before halftime and only got served as 2nd half started. Joke.

Problem is it's the same every time we get a decent crowd ( not very often ) but surely the club must be able to rectify this issue. We know Ayr always bring a good support and we should appreciate the money the club makes off this tie, at least double compared to most games so let's look after the away ( and home ) supporters ,, extra staff and extra food , a large hot water urn or two with loads of hot water , if there are 20 , 30 or more pies left over hand them into the hostipality suites of take them to the Fitba club and hand them out .we have so many things right at the club so let's sort this long running smaller issue out .

45 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

2 girls...and the steak pies were sold out before 3pm

I got a steak pie well in to the 2nd half. Guy was bringing them out from the main stand over and over.

You'd think they would've been better prepared 

1 hour ago, Blue1870 said:

2 women working and a guy seemed to be running between the stall and the stand next to it and coming out with change/more pies/cans about 4 times in the time i was in the queue.

1 hour ago, kvz2000 said:

Problem is it's the same every time we get a decent crowd ( not very often ) but surely the club must be able to rectify this issue. We know Ayr always bring a good support and we should appreciate the money the club makes off this tie, at least double compared to most games so let's look after the away ( and home ) supporters ,, extra staff and extra food , a large hot water urn or two with loads of hot water , if there are 20 , 30 or more pies left over hand them into the hostipality suites of take them to the Fitba club and hand them out .we have so many things right at the club so let's sort this long running smaller issue out .

Another i found odd was the turnstyle situation. Between myself and the 2 people who went in front of me we were all charged a different price. Young boy was  £5, older pensioner age guy £10 and myself £15. Hope the guys working on them are trustworthy as that just opens up a situation where someone can be skimming a few quid for themselves.

Another i found odd was the turnstyle situation. Between myself and the 2 people who went in front of me we were all charged a different price. Young boy was  £5, older pensioner age guy £10 and myself £15. Hope the guys working on them are trustworthy as that just opens up a situation where someone can be skimming a few quid for themselves.

The prices were

Adult - £15

Concession (over 65) - £10

Secondary school kids - £5

Primary school kids - free

Was that what they were charged or something else ?

3 hours ago, Joma Boo said:

Yet Moore and McDaid have both scored more goals. Plus you played Ayr at home and Raith away. It's too early for those kind of assumptions.

Moffat is a great player, though, no doubt.

We had exactly the same situ last season,we played Livi first game away and Alloa at home second game,I said after the 2 games Livi would win the League.I think you'll find last season Alloa had an almost identical early season form as yourselves this season,confidence is a key factor in football and the way Ayr played at times yesterday was Alloa last season early on.Once Alloa got beat last season the confidence seemed to go a bit,we played them later on in the season with the same players and they weren't nearly as good because they had started to lose games.But enjoy it my friend while it lasts,it's a good feeling.

9 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

The prices were

Adult - £15

Concession (over 65) - £10

Secondary school kids - £5

Primary school kids - free

Was that what they were charged or something else ?

Nah thats what they were charged was more thinking when there are different prices charged going through the same turnstyle there is no way of keeping track of how much money has been taken. All too easy for whoever is working behind the turnstyle to say a few adults were kids or concessions and skin a few quid for themselves.

We had exactly the same situ last season,we played Livi first game away and Alloa at home second game,I said after the 2 games Livi would win the League.I think you'll find last season Alloa had an almost identical early season form as yourselves this season,confidence is a key factor in football and the way Ayr played at times yesterday was Alloa last season early on.Once Alloa got beat last season the confidence seemed to go a bit,we played them later on in the season with the same players and they weren't nearly as good because they had started to lose games.But enjoy it my friend while it lasts,it's a good feeling.

And at which point did you just know that Jack Ross was going to leave for a Championship team?

1 hour ago, Car54wherareyou said:

You may well be correct but I don't think Ayr have turned up in the league yet, that part is a wee bit worrying but it's only the auld farts that have witnessed as clinical an Ayr side.

2 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:

And at which point did you just know that Jack Ross was going to leave for a Championship team?

Was going to say the same. It's like Ayr have never been promoted from this league before.

Few things from the game i need to ask about
Cammy Belford, is he just a weapons grade bellend against us? When you pulled it back to 3-3 you would have thought he had won the world cup the way he was running round the pitch.

Belford is an idiot, the more the crowd react the more he gets involved. When a crowd like Ayr come they can influence what goes on. Seems to go nuts at Airdrie for some reason.
Good keeper at times but I'm really struggling to take to him.

I remember him after the Adams in the net incident (think he dragged his studs down his leg possibly?) and took an instant dislike to him. Fans and opposition goalies can always have good banter, but you never see a goalie starting it. From the get go that game he seemed more interested in the fans than what was going on in front of him. 

19 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Shame the highlights don't show Hammell lunging in on Moffat, Moffat selling him a dummy and Hammell injuring himself

13 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Would love to see the Moffat/Hamill incident - at all possible Wuffster.....

moff-breaks-hamill.gif

7 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

As a regular at Stair Park our catering really is the worst of any ground in the league, the quality of food is terrible, in winter the Urn runs out of water, selling cans in cups, food tastes cheap, the length of time it takes to be served is very poor, standing outside in the rain for so long is a pain in the ass. Its been like this for so long now an really needs addressed.

Archived