Irvine Meadow 17/18

MeddaNewGuy

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, the rambler said:

Well deserved win to-day. On a great run just now 5 league wins in a row only conceding 1 goal in 5 games. Looking like any 6 from 7 teams. Plenty of games in hand but every game is tough in this league. Still to play...

Home: Petershill, Troon, Darvel, Glencairn, Larkhall, Maryhill

Away: Renfrew, Kilsyth, Kello, Glencairn, Larkhall, Maryhill

Looks like u could go up with the run ur on 

MARCH TRANSFER NEWS

Stuart Hannah has joined Dalry Thistle on loan for the remainder of the season.

Paul McQuilken has been released.

James Marks and Craig Buchanan have both joined Arthurlie.

Forward Peter Gemmell has joined from Giffnock North Amateurs.

Left Back David MacKay has joined from Petershill.

Midfielder and local lad Colin Spence has joined from Arthurlie (ex-Auchinleck Talbot & Troon).

Best of luck to those players moving on and thanks for your efforts in your time with the club.

And a big welcome to the club to Peter, David & Colin [emoji838][emoji836][emoji460]

• 1 month later...
Good result yesterday for meadow 2-1 v larkhall better and more disciplined team over 90 mins

Very typical of our season, can’t put games to bed and almost came back to haunt us.

What a strike to win it, though [emoji33]

As usual a good day out at Meadow Park; Best pint of light in the juniors [emoji954]️
The sending off killed the game as a competition. I thought it was harsh, although I can see why it was given. All the best for the rest of the season, hopefully you can make the play offs, as with your first XI you will have a fair chance against Arthurlie or Girvan. It would be great to see Meadow back in the top league.

As usual a good day out at Meadow Park; Best pint of light in the juniors [emoji954]️
The sending off killed the game as a competition. I thought it was harsh, although I can see why it was given. All the best for the rest of the season, hopefully you can make the play offs, as with your first XI you will have a fair chance against Arthurlie or Girvan. It would be great to see Meadow back in the top league.

Was a great day. (Weather wise) just a shame we didn’t make a go of it especially after knocking out the buffs in one of the earlier rounds. Only one regular starter started for us today so it was never going to be easy.

Was saying to a few folk that the Hurlford support was quite impressive today, definitely going in the right direction, a good crowd of 400 I’d say so a nice wee earner for both clubs.

Much bigger game for us on Monday and next Saturday. Would happily take a defeat today if it meant 6 points for us.

Was a great day. (Weather wise) just a shame we didn’t make a go of it especially after knocking out the buffs in one of the earlier rounds. Only one regular starter started for us today so it was never going to be easy.

Was saying to a few folk that the Hurlford support was quite impressive today, definitely going in the right direction, a good crowd of 400 I’d say so a nice wee earner for both clubs.

Much bigger game for us on Monday and next Saturday. Would happily take a defeat today if it meant 6 points for us.
Stuart, Hush your mouth, completing Hurlford on its traveling support [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
But seriously, at this time of the year priorities must be set and the league is, and must be, yours. We need a point at Barrhead on Monday to be safe, unless Girvan beat Talbot, Beith and us, so today was more important IMO as it could set up a decent earner away to Pollok.

Stuart, Hush your mouth, completing Hurlford on its traveling support [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

But seriously, at this time of the year priorities must be set and the league is, and must be, yours. We need a point at Barrhead on Monday to be safe, unless Girvan beat Talbot, Beith and us, so today was more important IMO as it could set up a decent earner away to Pollok.

There’s not a team in our league that have brought an away support anywhere near that this season.

Archived