Ross County VS Rangers

I see that Fox's blunder is trending (I think) on Twitter.

One thing I realised watching it again is that he actually did very well in the first phase of the backpass with good control and a nice turn because it was a shocking pass. From then though.....

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's cliche to say you don't really have any idea what he's doing, but I really, really don't.  He seemed to forget what he did just a second earlier.  Like he expected that the forward would just slide his way out of the stadium or something.

Or he had a bet on.

10 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

It's the fact that he did the hard work before it that I love. Did really well to make the most of the shit backpass. Did he think that the striker just slid into a vortex or something?

Maybe but Jim McIntyre has confiscated his sci-fi collection just in case. 

Originally I thought Fox was waiting for a foul to be given as he just stopped, but a second look you can see he's clearly looking up field for a pass.  No idea what possessed him from stalling in booting the ball up front.  

IIRC there was a couple of dodgy moments in the Aberdeen game where the ball was often played out from the box, then back to Fox who would take a bit too long to get rid of it.....would think that tactic may be changed for the next game.

It reminds me of a training exercise we did between attackers and defenders when I was at school. The ball would be placed in the middle of a square with four cones marking the corners. The idea was that the attacker had to dribble the ball across the line that the defender was defending, whilst the defender merely had to boot the ball outside of the box. It largely led to people racing to get to the ball first but with the odds in favour of the defender the defender usually won. When it got to my go I went up against probably the best defender on the team and had sort of given up any hope of winning (he being the far better footballer), but I was speedy so managed to get the ball first, turned very similarly to Fox and found myself the other side of the defender, just needing to dribble the three or so yards to cross the line. I was so surprised that I had actually got past him though that I just sort of stalled completely unsure what to do next, which gave him time to come round me and boot the ball away as I just sort of stood there and watched.

I can only imagine Fox did the same thing. Just far more embarrassingly.

14 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

I see that Fox's blunder is trending (I think) on Twitter.

One thing I realised watching it again is that he actually did very well in the first phase of the backpass with good control and a nice turn because it was a shocking pass. From then though.....

Every keeper makes a blunder or two but even Cammy bell couldn't have topped that yin tho.

10 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

It's the fact that he did the hard work before it that I love. Did really well to make the most of the shit backpass. Did he think that the striker just slid into a vortex or something?

This is what I would love to hear Fox explain - where the f**k did he think the *** went?

I think Fox has simply forgotten the attacker was there and was of course, perfectly at liberty to nick the ball from him. 

As a goalkeeper, he's so used to having everyone in front of him when he's got a bit of space and the ball at his feet. He's completely switched off mentally, having done the tricky bit.  The reality is that he had earned himself a bit of time, just not that much.  

I've seen a 'keeper caught out before by not realising that someone was behind them. I've never seen it happen though when the person behind them has only just bean beaten by a bit of the goalkeeper's own trickery.

An amazing blunder really.

4 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

This is what I would love to hear Fox explain - where the f**k did he think the *** went?

I'd wager the answer was he wasn't thinking. Just a brainfart. 

I am not sure that the goal should have stood and my sympathies rest with Fox. The laws of the game make it clear that you cannot leave the pitch, get a pie, re-enter the playing field and unsportingly sneak up on the keeper.

29 minutes ago, Jayhawks said:

I am not sure that the goal should have stood and my sympathies rest with Fox. The laws of the game make it clear that you cannot leave the pitch, get a pie, re-enter the playing field and unsportingly sneak up on the keeper.

Is this post genuine? :lol:

7 hours ago, Jayhawks said:

7 hours ago, RiG said:

Is this post genuine? :lol:

Gave you a neg for being thick as f**k.

7 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Gave you a neg for being thick as f**k.

Harsh. Having read some of the stuff on the politics part of the forum I'm starting to believe that people mean everything they post on here.

Archived