Brechin City v Inverness Caledonian Shittle

Well that was a big disappointment. Well beaten by an average Caley side . Today proved once again we re screaming out for a striker .. Isaac worked hard today but he's not up too this level sorry ..
2 up at half time and Caley did nt have to work for goals ..
Why do we go to Tannadice get the ball down and play .Yet today we ve just hoofed high balls up the park .. We were starting to get a wee bit of momentum in 2nd half Orsi was flying up wing and ref pulled game back for an injury after that we fell flat ... Today we offered nothing sadly and in the end the score was right reflection of game .

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally inept tactility we started wi a man short nothing in midfield (the boy Dale ain't up for this level)buzz gives us nothing his distribution is horrendous they make subs that makes us worse. Dods n Bailey have to hold their hands up. I know we're punching above but that was a very average ICT. Sorry I've had my rant off now for dinner and get pished

Thought for the first 20 minutes we competed well but after that we were shite,we were crying out for a goalscorer today.Dodds must take the blame for this we have a squad heavy on defenders when we needed strikers.His tactics are totally inept he is out of his depth.

I don t think he s outta his depth He s learning and is first to admit mistakes .But today I agree he got tactics wrong .We need to have more of a go instead of trying to get too halftime still in game . Jordan Sinclair played really well but the rest were below average .

Big difference from last week. As said before we really need a striker but we missed Jacko hopefully he's not out long. The small section of Inverness supporters in the stand let their team and the majority of their support down bunch of idiots looked like there we some damage to some of the seats as well

3 hours ago, hedgeman83 said:

Big difference from last week. As said before we really need a striker but we missed Jacko hopefully he's not out long. The small section of Inverness supporters in the stand let their team and the majority of their support down bunch of idiots looked like there we some damage to some of the seats as well

Quite funny seeing one of the knobheads shouting abuse at the stewards and polis then 5 mins later getting a rollocking fae his mother outside the stand.  The poor soul had tears in his eyes trying to protest his innocence !!!  :lol:

Quite funny seeing one of the knobheads shouting abuse at the stewards and polis then 5 mins later getting a rollocking fae his mother outside the stand.  The poor soul had tears in his eyes trying to protest his innocence !!!  [emoji38]

Haha servers the fucker right

13 hours ago, CITY1974 said:

Well that was a big disappointment. Well beaten by an average Caley side . Today proved once again we re screaming out for a striker .. Isaac worked hard today but he's not up too this level sorry ..
2 up at half time and Caley did nt have to work for goals ..
Why do we go to Tannadice get the ball down and play .Yet today we ve just hoofed high balls up the park .. We were starting to get a wee bit of momentum in 2nd half Orsi was flying up wing and ref pulled game back for an injury after that we fell flat ... Today we offered nothing sadly and in the end the score was right reflection of game .

Just about sums it up although I thought we were woeful second half really really poor and never got into it 

Was nervous about this after the absolute car crash of a performance at East End Park, but in the end it was more comfortable than I could have hoped. There wasn't a great deal in the first half - we probably had slightly more of the ball, but chances were pretty even. Looks like Vigurs got a bit lucky with a deflection for our first, and Mckay wasn't really challenged for his header back across goal for the second. We pretty much controlled the second half, though, and it was good to see the likes of Polworth playing with freedom and confidence. 

The key to our improvement over the past couple of games has probably been the introduction of Charlie Trafford. He looks a very unfussy player and just sits in front of the defence, looking to break up attacks and then hold the ball until he can send someone away, but having him there allows Vigurs to try to dictate play a little further forward and allows Polworth, who looked much improved yesterday, to drive forward. Connor Bell also impressed, playing in a left-sided attacking role for most of the game before moving to the right when Calder game on, and I'd have him starting on one of those sides in place of Mulraney from now on. On the other side, Cooper contributed less, especially in the first half, but his movement and composure for his goal were excellent. I'm still unconvinced by our defence: Raven had a solid game, but Elsdon, Mckay and Chalmers are all capable of looking hasty in the challenge and uncertain in possession. They weren't troubled all that often, but against teams with tricky, pacey attacking players such as Cardle, they will struggle. Having Gary Warren and particularly Carl Tremarco back should make a difference, however, as much for their leadership qualities and presence as their defensive ability. 

Cracking set-up at Brechin, by the way, with the wee bar beneath the stand and the ability to move easily between stand and terraces. A bit of a faff to get to from Glasgow if you don't drive, though, so I won't be bothering going up for this Challenge Cup game against Aberdeen colts next week. Looking forward to the rest of September: intriguing fixtures against clubs I have't seen us play for a few years - St Mirren, Livvy, Dumbarton and Queens - and we should have a much clearer idea of how the team is developing and how we match up in this division by the end of the month.            

The annoying thing for me is that it's taken Robbo over 2 months to work out Polworth is best suited in behind the striker. He'll have the cigars out in this division if he continues to play there.

Well yes a bit disappointing but beaten by a slicker, faster team today. We worked hard enough but lacked in a few areas, up top and midfield does not quite work for me.

Agree Smith's distribution is not great.

As is frequently our issue the gap between midfield and up front is too big, especially when our up front guys were unable to hold it up. I would like to see Osri out wide with Finn Graham more central or Jacko and A Other through the middle. Too often I felt the middle of the park is being over run as we are expecting those in there to do an awful lot. 

The back four were exposed as ICT's midfield ran past ours creating several 2 on 1 situations - something Utd did not do last week. 

It was a disappointing game from our point of few but onwards and an easier game against Falkirk soon.

Oh and of all the supporters coming to the Glebe I did not expect ICT to be the biggest fannies - at least the 50 or so whose numbers were reduced due to stupidity. Flares - FFS and then squaring up to stewards and police.

41 minutes ago, Cold Feet said:

Well yes a bit disappointing but beaten by a slicker, faster team today. We worked hard enough but lacked in a few areas, up top and midfield does not quite work for me.

Agree Smith's distribution is not great.

As is frequently our issue the gap between midfield and up front is too big, especially when our up front guys were unable to hold it up. I would like to see Osri out wide with Finn Graham more central or Jacko and A Other through the middle. Too often I felt the middle of the park is being over run as we are expecting those in there to do an awful lot. 

The back four were exposed as ICT's midfield ran past ours creating several 2 on 1 situations - something Utd did not do last week. 

It was a disappointing game from our point of few but onwards and an easier game against Falkirk soon.

Oh and of all the supporters coming to the Glebe I did not expect ICT to be the biggest fannies - at least the 50 or so whose numbers were reduced due to stupidity. Flares - FFS and then squaring up to stewards and police.

I thought that was a scout troup  fae Inverness they were hardly hard core thugs but the fuckin drum was annoying and for that alone they should have been thrown oot :lol:

Archived