Stranraer v Airdrie

4 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

He was on the sidelines with the subs and must have shouted something really bad for the ref to send him to the stands. Ref was poor and from where I was Robertson kicked the ball whilst the Airdrie player had it trapped with his legs while he was on the ground , son not a red in my eyes but will be interesting to see again .

Kvz , I was only a few yards away from the incident that led to Robbo's sending off and in my opinion the Ref got it correct.

Tom Fry , the Airdrie No 10,was actually lying on top of the ball and the Ref had given us a free kick so I don't know why Robbo had to attempt to play the ball , he did make contact with Fry. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bobsablue said:

Fitzpatrick was in charge of the team , he was on crutches in the technical area and made a remark / swore at the stand side linesman about a pass back claim , sent to the stand.

Stranraer played very well today , 3-1 flattered Airdrie , they lacked leadership on the park . According to one of their senior officials a manager to be installed soon !!!, 

I won't hold my breath for the appointment of a manager.....We've been hearing the same story since July.

Good display by the blues against a young Airdrie team,although for being so inexperienced weren't shy to put it about.I think an Airdrie fan earlier on said it all for me,Diamond fans are in for a long season,with the inconsistent Furtado along with Conroy your best 2,Furtado struggled to get a game at Stenny last season at times so probably says it all where Airdrie are at the moment.As for Stranraer on that display a play off place looks a distinct possibility,Woods and Wallace seemed to click and Anderson deservedly got Mom.Our keeper had 2 things to do,pick the ball out of the net and make a fantastic two handed stop from a Conroy free kick,other than that the cigar was out.The ref definitely wasn't a homer and got booed off the park after we win 3-1,enough said.

Has to be the most blatant handball I've ever seen at Stair park @ 30 seconds, as for the Robertson sending off, gotta love the Airdrie player on the ground......clutches forehead in pain then has a sneaky wee look to see what's going on then goes back to clutching head.:lol:

I thought our front four linked excellently yesterday, especially the play between Woods and Wallace. That's the best performance I've seen from Woods playing just behind the striker. Anderson probably just shaded MotM with his tireless energy, winning 50/50's and obviously the two goals.
First half we really should've been at least 4-0 up and were denied a stonewall penalty when Wallace's diving header was blocked by a blatant outstretched arm. However I must say the penalty we did get in the second half was soft, Wallace was tugged but just put both his feet together and dropped head first to win the spot kick. Agnew dispatched it excellently and put the game out of sight.
Definitely a bad day at the office for Airdrie, Furtado put himself about a bit but I thought Hammil had the measure of him for the majority of the challenges.
On to Albion Rovers next week Allez les bleus!

15 hours ago, bobsablue said:

Kvz , I was only a few yards away from the incident that led to Robbo's sending off and in my opinion the Ref got it correct.

Tom Fry , the Airdrie No 10,was actually lying on top of the ball and the Ref had given us a free kick so I don't know why Robbo had to attempt to play the ball , he did make contact with Fry. 

Fair enough I was across the park , never heard the whistle prior to Robertson challenge , I'm not defending Robertson as there was no need to put in a tackle but from what I saw he kicked the ball , not the player , and as someone said the Airdrie player held his head and was looking to get Robertson a card . Anyway a very decent performance from us today and looks like players are starting to play as a unit .  Happy Days 

15 hours ago, bobsablue said:

Fair enough I was across the park , never heard the whistle prior to Robertson challenge , I'm not defending Robertson as there was no need to put in a tackle but from what I saw he kicked the ball , not the player , and as someone said the Airdrie player held his head and was looking to get Robertson a card . Anyway a very decent performance from us today and looks like players are starting to play as a unit .  Happy Days 

8 hours ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Yh bud I believe it’s should be either macintosh and cairns or mcgregor and cairns if macintosh is injured/susp don’t rate brownlie a bombscare like Gorman and the bo were

I think McIntosh tbh,  really liked Cairns too but he is a rough diamond for now,  loads of heart but reckless.   Think McGregor and Brownlie both looked dodgy on Saturday.

For the first time in years I decided to travel to an away game, what a f**king waste of time that was. Possibly the most inept performance I have ever seen from an Airdrie side and I have seen some diabolical performances. The whole game could be wrapped in one moment when it was 3-1, we were a player up (allegedly), and supposedly chasing the game with 5 mins to go and Conroy is shouting for everyone to move and create chances..... Whilst standing still in his own half with 3 other Airdrie players for company and not one Stranraer player within 20 feet of any of them. All just standing watching the game. Rudderless ship springs to mind.

Also felt McIntosh was wasted out on the wing, would have swapped him and Stewart over as Anderson was giving him major grief.  Hamill had Furtado in his back pocket for the majority of the game and was largely ineffective. Tierney looked bored if I'm honest, looked like he didn't want to be there and couldn't be bothered anything that wasn't on the ground and straight to his feet. 

In short, awful game, long drive, can cross Stairs Park off my list of stadiums to visit. 

Archived