Beith vs Talbot

TFW

13 hours ago, kenny131 said:

That's a nice story. I,m commenting on a thread involving my team pumping yours. It's no my fault your teams went pish it happens. Your the junior version of Liverpool fans these days reminiscent of the old days. My club has the best team and gets the best vocal backing in the juniors bar none it's a great time to be a beith fan win lose or draw. I knew the tide had turned for us after getting Skelpted 6 nil by morton when the players were sung off the pitch were here to stay time you boys got used it.

When did beith start getting this best team and best vocal backing? 

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When did beith start getting this best team and best vocal backing? 

Beith have been on a roll from about 6 months before they won the Scottish. They're a very streetwise, tough, hard-to-beat side that I thought would have won the league last season but just couldn't turn a couple of draws into victories.

I remember being at the Ayrshire Cup final in 2015 and listening to their Chairman talk about how they had signed 9 new players for the season ahead (2015-2016) (including Calum Watt and Jamie Wilson who were both playing for a winning Hurlford team in front of us). I thought it was a panic move signing that many players but it paid off and Beith were excellent once they clicked.

Their fans were excellent and noisy in both legs of the Scottish semi that year. Beith are probably my favourites to win the league again.

18 hours ago, kenny131 said:

That's a nice story. I,m commenting on a thread involving my team pumping yours. It's no my fault your teams went pish it happens. Your the junior version of Liverpool fans these days reminiscent of the old days. My club has the best team and gets the best vocal backing in the juniors bar none it's a great time to be a beith fan win lose or draw. I knew the tide had turned for us after getting Skelpted 6 nil by morton when the players were sung off the pitch were here to stay time you boys got used it.

Kenny, my bitter friend, you have a smashing wee club to support, they are doing things right have a nice wee ground and seem to be galvanising some locals through the gates, good, long may it continue. But your yearning for the demise of Talbot seems to be more of an issue than delight of your own clubs success story. Your Liverpool analogy is off the mark as they have not won anything for some time, Talbot on the other hand missed out last season on the big trophies by the skin of their teeth, probably a good season for any other club. Your club are doing well and at the moment in a good position. However, writing Talbot off as you so often do is more to do with your deep set dislike than an actual balanced assessment. I am lucky to be a Talbot fan, they have been the benchmark for over 40 years. Maintaining success is much harder than achieving it. Talbot are the only club who can maintain a very high level and I don't see that changing. You crave the demise of Talbot like an alky does the dregs of a vodka bottle, so keep repeating your bitter mantra my friend if you want, but it takes more than one bad result to signal a club like Talbot's  demise. Enjoy your club ma man, I will mine and our grade but my clubs astonishing level of consistency, on and off the park, means I can leave the bitterness to the wannabes like your good self. Slanj! 

If we look at posts from last Autumn Beith fans really believed they were going to do what Glenafton did. Beith threw the league away last year. Their players know it and have the bit between their teeth. But the fans need to remember last season. You win nothing in September except some drunken bragging rights. For some reason Beith play Talbot, hurlford and Glens twice before Santa arrives. If they are unbeaten after that then they will be deserved champions.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

Beith have been on a roll from about 6 months before they won the Scottish. They're a very streetwise, tough, hard-to-beat side that I thought would have won the league last season but just couldn't turn a couple of draws into victories.

I remember being at the Ayrshire Cup final in 2015 and listening to their Chairman talk about how they had signed 9 new players for the season ahead (2015-2016) (including Calum Watt and Jamie Wilson who were both playing for a winning Hurlford team in front of us). I thought it was a panic move signing that many players but it paid off and Beith were excellent once they clicked.

Their fans were excellent and noisy in both legs of the Scottish semi that year. Beith are probably my favourites to win the league again.

A was being sarcastic as half the support only started following them the cup winning year,

Whoever wins this game would imo be favourites for the league I feel they have the best teams in the west Talbot are now revitalised after last year's struggle in front of goal and beith have brought in very good signings where they were needed and have players not stripped who Wud probably be starters in other teams Talbot are the same pollok will come on once the team gels but for me the league cud be beyond them already 8 points behind

A load " what's the smell" Afton' s title again this year. Come and get it [emoji51]

( apologies for gate crashing the love in that is Beith - Talbot [emoji4]

1 hour ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Kenny, my bitter friend, you have a smashing wee club to support, they are doing things right have a nice wee ground and seem to be galvanising some locals through the gates, good, long may it continue. But your yearning for the demise of Talbot seems to be more of an issue than delight of your own clubs success story. Your Liverpool analogy is off the mark as they have not won anything for some time, Talbot on the other hand missed out last season on the big trophies by the skin of their teeth, probably a good season for any other club. Your club are doing well and at the moment in a good position. However, writing Talbot off as you so often do is more to do with your deep set dislike than an actual balanced assessment. I am lucky to be a Talbot fan, they have been the benchmark for over 40 years. Maintaining success is much harder than achieving it. Talbot are the only club who can maintain a very high level and I don't see that changing. You crave the demise of Talbot like an alky does the dregs of a vodka bottle, so keep repeating your bitter mantra my friend if you want, but it takes more than one bad result to signal a club like Talbot's  demise. Enjoy your club ma man, I will mine and our grade but my clubs astonishing level of consistacy, on and off the park, means I can leave the bitterness to the wannabes like your good self. Slanj! 

Hahaha  that's nice   yer shite get over it.

1 hour ago, manintheknow said:

If we look at posts from last Autumn Beith fans really believed they were going to do what Glenafton did. Beith threw the league away last year. Their players know it and have the bit between their teeth. But the fans need to remember last season. You win nothing in September except some drunken bragging rights. For some reason Beith play Talbot, hurlford and Glens twice before Santa arrives. If they are unbeaten after that then they will be deserved champions.

Fixture man is having a laugh getting us penned in to have played 3 teams twice before we have teams even once no idea how he comes up with these scenarios as its only a bloody 22 game season ffs how incompetent can 1 man be.

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

Hahaha  that's nice   yer shite get over it.

Yes, a predictable elequent well thought out response. You use the term "get over it" periodically in many your extremely creative and varied retorts. However, if anyone needs to get over anything it is your good self my embittered Junior chum. Can you please answer this, does the thought of a total Talbot collapse sexually arouse you? I suspect it does! 

7 minutes ago, Isabel Goudie said:

Yes, a predictable elequent well thought out response. You use the term "get over it" periodically in many your extremely creative and varied retorts. However, if anyone needs to get over anything it is your good self my embittered Junior chum. Can you please answer this, does the thought of a total Talbot collapse sexually arouse you? I suspect it does! 

Well at least you got a wave on the way down yesterday were not that embittered

21 hours ago, juventus said:

Hope you enjoyed your trip the Norman Tebbit Arena, Goudie. Give us a break Goudie you guys celebrated a 1-0 win the junior cup in January as if you had won the thing give us peace.

Did you not know they have double standards?

A load " what's the smell" Afton' s title again this year. Come and get it [emoji51]

( apologies for gate crashing the love in that is Beith - Talbot [emoji4]

Not this year i think they were worthy winners last year but didnt finish that much in front of beith and talbot who imo are both stronger this year the arse fell out of our season last year when we lost to morton we cudnt turn draws into 3 points which cud of won us the league

42 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Shoulda woulda coulda, it's only September! Lots of upsets and great results still to come 

Agreed very strong teams in the league this year having such a great start helps no end, with the scottish about to start and the annual deluge part of the season things can quickly change.

30 minutes ago, theshed said:

Did dimple bum attend yesterday's game and what are his thoughts ? :)

Dipple did attend yesterdays game and although the result was very poor for us myself and the big man couldny stop laughing at the Beith ladies? in the bottom shed joining their male counterparts singing about shagging women and drinking beer #lesbos :wub:

Dipple did attend yesterdays game and although the result was very poor for us myself and the big man couldny stop laughing at the Beith ladies? in the bottom shed joining their male counterparts singing about shagging women and drinking beer #lesbos :wub:

No no no...... They've got much more class than that ....... You're wrong as they change the words to " shagging our men and drinking our beer " in their own rendition of the lads song :)

18 minutes ago, geo 1909 said:

A football song and your picking out who's signing ha ha,  well makes sense in 40yrs I've yet to hear Talbot sing a song so I guess it's strange for you lot of paper rustlers 

Archived