The Relegation Rumble - DFC vs BCFC

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely confirms that Nade should be the first name on the team sheet IMO. Five minutes after he was introduced last week he done more than Morrison had the entire game and it sounds like it was much the same this week.

How folk think he's been below par this season is beyond me. He's been our best player outside of maybe Barr and more recently Froxy. His touch, his clever passes and his ability to hold the ball up is absolutely the best we could get as a part time team at this level. His presence alone puts defenders off. If only he had a midfield that could provide him with proper service and running beyond him...

Absolutely confirms that Nade should be the first name on the team sheet IMO. Five minutes after he was introduced last week he done more than Morrison had the entire game and it sounds like it was much the same this week.

How folk think he's been below par this season is beyond me. He's been our best player outside of maybe Barr and more recently Froxy. His touch, his clever passes and his ability to hold the ball up is absolutely the best we could get as a part time team at this level. His presence alone puts defenders off. If only he had a midfield that could provide him with proper service and running beyond him...

Fully agree with all of the above. 2 assits today and a class above. Morrison was Hacksaw-esque with his ineffectuality.

Just happy to grab the 3 points and look forward to the next game where Nade starts and Morrison is left far away.

6 hours ago, KennyWilsonsMoustache said:

Fully agree with all of the above. 2 assits today and a class above. Morrison was Hacksaw-esque with his ineffectuality.

Just happy to grab the 3 points and look forward to the next game where Nade starts and Morrison is left far away.

Think you're being very harsh on the young lad. Just remember how awful Stirling, Stanton and Robert Thomson were at this point last season. He is very young and this just wasn't the game - or position imo - for him to shine. He isn't a target or anywhere near as much of a handful as Nade. But you cannot write him off already.

As good as Nade was today, I think he was one of our worst performers in opening couple of games. He just didn't seem to have the movement that he had offered in the past. That being said, he was easily our best player in the cup victory Vs CQN and today he was outstanding.

I actually think we should try Nade and Morrison together to see how they work together. Worth mentioning that Stewart was much better today also.

If you read Facebook and this thread you get the picture of typical dumbarton fans . So many differing opinions

today carsewell went off with a knock but fans screaming at this decision. Others wanted 2 up front and when they get it they complain .

somevthink Barr outstanding today , I thought he was rank rotten .as was all the back 4

overall I thought Brechin were really poor hence in a game where we matched the lack of quality we beat them.

sons fans continually on the players backs, get used to it guys we ain't that good.

positive that we had8 shots on target .

ill go against the flow I suspect here and I know we were against 10 men by the but I thought Hutton was quite good when he came on. 

As good as Nade was today, I think he was one of our worst performers in opening couple of games. He just didn't seem to have the movement that he had offered in the past.

Really have to disagree with this. I'm no Nade fan boy and whilst he wasn't our best performer he still done all the other stuff well. The hold up play, the clever passes etc. When you remove him from the team it makes it a bit clearer what he offers.

He's never going to be a player who can run for 90 mins, he needs a back up. The first few games we were playing him the full 90 and he was goosed after 70 mins. That's just the way it is with him unfortunately and it's up to the gaffer to have suitable backup for when Nade ultimately tires.

If Morrison starts over Nade next week I will be absolutely bowled over and fairly serthing.

"He's history for crazy tackles!"

Which makes it all the more bizarre that one of your balding, big mouthed, red faced directors chose to clap him off the park with a huge smile on his face. The Dumbarton fans sitting near him quite rightly called him out on this. His justification...

He's my player
He's young
He's not that type of player!

Aye, mate. It seems your fans disagree with you on that last point.

Nade is such a great asset for The Sons, very astute footballer. His hand in our 2 goals was class.

Can't believe we have landed the Greek lad, excellent stuff.

We certainly weren't great but Graeme Smith also had a cracking game in goal for Brechin, we could easily have scored a few more.

23 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Nade is such a great asset for The Sons, very astute footballer. His hand in our 2 goals was class.

Can't believe we have landed the Greek lad, excellent stuff.

We certainly weren't great but Graeme Smith also had a cracking game in goal for Brechin, we could easily have scored a few more.

Exactly the point I was just going to make.  The sending off was a big turning point but we were in no way out of the game at that stage.  Like Connah's Quay, it wasn't a great display but in no way was it as bad as some make out.  A look at the BBC stats on the game, maybe provides a bit of perspective.

I am getting increasingly fed-up with the abuse that the Sons players get immediately they lose a ball or make a mistake. The guy who sits next to me, who was at Tannadice last week, reckons that the abuse had a measurable effect on the players yesterday almost pressurising them into errors. How must Sam Wardrop feel when he's done well in a tackle to win the ball but his subsequent pass is intercepted, to then hear yelled in a manic roar,  "FOR FUXXAKE WARDROP - YOU'RE SHITE!"?? It wasn't limited to Wardrop either. Even Nade was getting it in the neck, despite coming off the bench and taking the game by the scruff of the neck.

Froxylias was MoM by a mile. He's a bit like Scott Agnew but with more pace, more skill and more guile. If he stays in Scotland he'll get a full time gig no problem.

It was neither a great game nor a great performance but in no way should we be unduly worried.

Clear nade and Morrison are different types . I would like to see Morrison off nade as his sort of runner but I understand this would sacrifice another area . Morrison not a target where as nade certainly is . Will nade last a whole game if he starts ??

Good grief. I just had a look at Facebook after reading the posts on here. Some truly incredible stuff.

My take on things:

Mango and Hill are a solid partnership who compliment each other well. Hill's block in the first half was a match winner, Mango playing his way out of trouble is sensational to watch. I thought Boomer was decent yesterday, and is settling into being the sort of guy who is a 7/10 most weeks. Wardrop's touch was a wee bit off, but he never hid, despite getting some amount of stick for not being Paul McGinn from some in the home end.

Carswell and Wilson are vastly superior to Carswell and Hutton, but not a patch on Carswell and Stanton. Carswell's Carswell and when he's on the edge of the penalty box looking for a killer pass you know something isn't quite right. The claim on Facebook that "he's the worst midfielder I've ever seen" is bizarre. He's not even the worst midfielder we've had this season. Wilson is incredible. Flicks between playing stunning passes, and then looking all over the shop. I wouldn't be against having a look at Froxy in the Stanton role from last season.

Jury is still very much out on Walsh at the moment. Dundee United aside he's done little in league games so far. David Smith should be nowhere near the wing, and we are all agreed on Froxy. Clocked that Johnston was completely out the squad yesterday, so I'd assume he might be punted out on loan soon. Strange as he probably offered more in the Betfred Cup than Walsh.

Up top Morrison isn't a target man. Clearly. So should either start in pairing or in a deeper role. We're a team built around Christian Nadé and he is a pretty unique player. A battling bantering battering ram, but also seriously cunning and clever as we saw yesterday. Take him out the side, even when he isn't playing well, and our formation totally wilts. Mark Stewart did well - especially for the last 10 minutes after his goal. I'm just not really sure where he fits in our team.

On the support side of things, there are a few voices you hear over and over again constantly slating everyone and anyone. These guys actually seem to relish poor performances and defeats, because you rarely hear them when it's going well. It will, and does, have an impact on some players - especially some of the younger guys we have who won't get that at Development League games.

Yesterday may not have been great, but I'd have bitten your hand off for a lucky 2-1 win if you'd offered me it this time last week. Four points from two games is something decent to build on against an ICT side I can see being this season's St Mirren.

No consistency from us.scored a decent well made goal but didn't play well.had a bit of success down the right then stopped using it?? The sending off was, Lynas just needed to play a short pass out right and we would still have had 11 on the park. On saying that we should still be able to defend better. Another lesson from an average side

Thought we did well to come back and win yesterday albeit the red card did help. As always with us there was plenty negatives and few positives too. The defensive switch off in the first 2 minutes probably made people think the performance was worse than it actually was.

To start with I can't remember how they got in position to score the opening goal but I do remember Gallagher's hands being as strong as a toddler as he palmed the ball into his own net. Must do better. After this we were a bit shell shocked for the next 15 minutes but as the half went on we did improve and while we didn't create much we moved the ball quickly and tired Brechin out. IMO while our squad is obviously weaker this season the full backs offer us a lot more going forward and it's good to have the quality on the ball in wide areas.

Again in the second half the chance weren't flowing but even before the red card Brechin were getting deeper and deeper and the goal looked like was coming with Graeme Smith making 2 or 3 great saves. The red card was a clear red card. The player knew it himself and looked gutted tbf. The same can't be said for their fans who were shouting abuse all game and trying to pick fights with our fans. Was brilliant to see the seethe when we scored the winner.

As for Mark Stewart's goal it was a very good Finnish after a decent lay off from Nade. Stewart could prove to be a useful sub this season as while he does a lot of thing terribly he is intelligent and uses his wee bit of pace well to exploit spaces. The winning goal was a great ball in by Nade and a very cool Finnish by froxy. Couldn't help but think we were fourtunate that a Brechin defender was inexplicably 2 metres behind everyone to play Nade on side.

Based on what I saw today I would start Nade again next week 100%. Morrison isn't a lone striker yet, that's for sure. While I feel Nade has been a bit static this season, he was transformed back to his usual dominant self today and I believe this is because there is now players making runs near him. Froxy and Wilson the two most frequent options.
On Froxy, he's good. That's for sure! He's a bit like a left footed Alexis Sanchez in that it's entirely predictable what he's going to do every time but he always seems able to do it.

David Wilson is someone who I'm actually very impressed with. As has been the case all season he does some things very well and some things awfully but the good stuff is becoming far more regular and his range on passing gives us much more creativity. He's also improved a lot defensively. For me he would be one of the first names on the team sheet pretty much because he the only holding mid with attacking quality.

Carswell was very poor. Must have been injured but jogged round the pitch doing next to nothing. When Kyle Hutton came on he wasn't too bad. Maybe if he isn't played next to Carswell and isn't expected to go box to box he can be a not bad holding mid. His positioning is ok and while he's 1 footed he can at least pass.

Walsh wasn't great, maybe a slight improvement on a few weeks ago but there so much more to get out of him. He does shite out of most 50/50s and while he has quality on the ball it looks like he's holding back which frustrates me a lot. When he crosses he doesn't even look like he tries to put decent pace on it and the floated crosses never work and never will. To be fair he was unlucky with a good volley attempt which forced a fantastic save.

Craig Barr played through an injury after pulling up in the warm up and you could sense he wasn't quite as good as normal. Hill was solid enough defensively but awkward and clumsy on the ball. Wardrop looks very good in every way. Going forward he looks a threat every time. Boomer was decent too, defensive he's decent. A good fast winger may trouble him but he's as good a replacement for Harvie as we could have hoped for. Hiss crosses as well are very nice so are his driven shot one of which near went straight into the top corner.

David Smith on the wing should never happen again. Was disappointed Roy never got on and would like to see him in the same team as froxy.

There's certainly a good team there but like this time last year there is some obvious weaknesses too but having drawn at Tannadice then beaten the team we have to beat at home I'm happy enough. We have a squad with a low average age as well which should be improving.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Really have to disagree with this. I'm no Nade fan boy and whilst he wasn't our best performer he still done all the other stuff well. The hold up play, the clever passes etc. When you remove him from the team it makes it a bit clearer what he offers.

He's never going to be a player who can run for 90 mins, he needs a back up. The first few games we were playing him the full 90 and he was goosed after 70 mins. That's just the way it is with him unfortunately and it's up to the gaffer to have suitable backup for when Nade ultimately tires.

If Morrison starts over Nade next week I will be absolutely bowled over and fairly serthing.

I agree with much of what you're saying actually. I just feel like he needed dropped to either a. Give him a rest after all that he had been playing or b. Motivate him into kicking on. In fact, possibly both. 

Now we have at least another option up front it should hopefully keep him on his toes. Either way, if he performs like he did yesterday when he came on I don't think any of us will be disagreeing on whether he should be in the team :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Can I just check at this stage who it was who scored our first goal shortly after coming on?

He wouldn't have scored it if Nade wasn't on the pitch and it was clear Nade's introduction changed the game for us (as well as the red card). If we want to kid on Aitken had some sort of tactical masterclass yesterday then I'm afraid I'm out.

Sad to hear some of our fans were trying to pick fights. But there is a small section of our support who could easy qualify for a place in the nut hoos. .
I was at a wedding and could nt make game but am gutted we ve chucked away 3pts if reports are anything to go by ... We can t win with 11 players on pitch so we re never gonna hold on with 10 . Happy to hear Buzz had a good game that ll shut Hedgie up [emoji79] .
Still another games passes and no striker scores for us ..

Archived