Great News

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Great news chaps, Steven Thompson has been forced to pull out of the Scotland squad through injury. Just read it on Yahoo. His replacement will be announced in due course. Russell Anderson has also been forced to pull out.

I'm sure the Belarusians will be celebrating with that news.

Guest Caledonia
Great news chaps, Steven Thompson has been forced to pull out of the Scotland squad through injury. Just read it on Yahoo. His replacement will be announced in due course. Russell Anderson has also been forced to pull out.

I'm sure the Belarusians will be celebrating with that news.

701424[/snapback]

My choice would be for Lee Miller to replace him.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

I think that Walter will choose Lee Miller as well but in my opinion he doesn't deserve a call up because he's been crap in recent weeks. He's been extremely poor and it doesn't even look as if he could give a monkeys so i would definitely leave him out. Saying that though, who else is there? Anybody got any suggestions?

He isnt going to call anyone else into the squad unless there are further injuries.

You have got to feel sorry for Anderson - I think he is a cracking player but always seems to get injured at the wrong times should have alot more caps than he has already.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez
He isnt going to call anyone else into the squad unless there are further injuries.

You have got to feel sorry for Anderson - I think he is a cracking player but always seems to get injured at the wrong times should have alot more caps than he has already.

701904[/snapback]

I hate to say this but i agree with you, i think he is a good player as well. It's always amazed me how players like the Caldwell brothers seem get the nod ahead of Anderson. Also, have you ever known anybody to get kicked in the napper as often as Anderson? Every week the poor bugger seems to get a toe poke in his coupon.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez
whats wrong with agreeing with me?

701984[/snapback]

Sorry mate, that didn't sound great on my part. I meant that I didn't want to agree with you because he's an Aberdeen player, nothing to do with your opinion.

I like Anderson, solid player who gives his all...has cut down on the defensive errors he made earlier in his career.

As for the replacement striker, got to be Riordan, a striker in form. Doesnt matter a jot really to be honest though, Thompson was never actually going to play, and so whoever replaces him wont get a look in either.

I know it aint saying alot but wasnt Thompson our best player in Moldova? I know the team were generally mince that night but I thought he was our only decent player!

Archived