Players coming through

football maniac

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually stunned that we are 2 pages in and Callumn Morrison (Hearts, but on loan at Stirling Albion) hasn't been mentioned. I know on the grand scheme of things that League 2 level is pretty bobbins but this lad really excites me, the most gifted youngster I have seen at Forthbank since Robert Snodgrass, and I include Jay Rodriguez  in that.

He really does have it all, when he gets on the ball he just makes things happen. At 18, Hearts have a very exciting player on their hands and if he keep developing the way he has over the last year then I have no doubt that he will eventually make the step up to International level. Sure, he still has a lot of work to do, but so do many on this list but he has bags of potential.

I'm actually stunned that we are 2 pages in and Callumn Morrison (Hearts, but on loan at Stirling Albion) hasn't been mentioned. I know on the grand scheme of things that League 2 level is pretty bobbins but this lad really excites me, the most gifted youngster I have seen at Forthbank since Robert Snodgrass, and I include Jay Rodriguez  in that.
He really does have it all, when he gets on the ball he just makes things happen. At 18, Hearts have a very exciting player on their hands and if he keep developing the way he has over the last year then I have no doubt that he will eventually make the step up to International level. Sure, he still has a lot of work to do, but so do many on this list but he has bags of potential.

Agree with this all. Morrison will have a bright future in the game. 18 years old and miles ahead of everyone else in the League.

We are severely lacking in the goalkeeping area and I hope Gunn does end up not good enough for England as he is looking top drawer for Norwich this season(our first choice under 21 keeper is 3rd choice for Hamilton Accies at the moment), however defensively we look to have good potential with John & Harry Souttar, McKenna, Ralston, McCrorie, Taylor along with Tierney and Robertson who are still young.  Lewis Morgan was outstanding against the dutch in the last under 21s and Cadden is also improving every time I see him. Ollie Burke will only get better as well. Wasn't impressed with Dom Thomas last game and Stevie Mallan has potential but not sure if he will really progress playing reserve team football at Barnsley.

Will be interesting to see how we fair against England on Friday, there squad is full of guys playing at a high level. It will be good to see how we cope with the likes of Tammy Abraham, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Tom Davies, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and that's only a few of the top players they have. However they drew with Holland who we beat so hopefully we can put on a big performance.

52 minutes ago, AmateurCoach said:

We are severely lacking in the goalkeeping area and I hope Gunn does end up not good enough for England as he is looking top drawer for Norwich this season(our first choice under 21 keeper is 3rd choice for Hamilton Accies at the moment), however defensively we look to have good potential with John & Harry Souttar, McKenna, Ralston, McCrorie, Taylor along with Tierney and Robertson who are still young.  Lewis Morgan was outstanding against the dutch in the last under 21s and Cadden is also improving every time I see him. Ollie Burke will only get better as well. Wasn't impressed with Dom Thomas last game and Stevie Mallan has potential but not sure if he will really progress playing reserve team football at Barnsley.

Will be interesting to see how we fair against England on Friday, there squad is full of guys playing at a high level. It will be good to see how we cope with the likes of Tammy Abraham, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Tom Davies, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and that's only a few of the top players they have. However they drew with Holland who we beat so hopefully we can put on a big performance.

Dom Thomas is pretty mince. He has a tendancy to start off well at clubs then fade into obscurity. Predictable once defenders suss him out too. Liam Lindsay seems to be playing every minute of every game at Barnsley and has good physical attributes so he could be another to watch

I expect Liam Lindsay to start getting involved into next year as long as he has a good season.  He's not going to be the answer to all of our problems, but in a position we're fairly weak in he's definitely worth a look.

Cammy Gill at Dunfermline might be an option in goals in the future - he's went from 3rd choice and under 20 keeper to second choice and has been highly regarded for a while now. I'm sure he was involved in the under 19s at one point but without games he probably won't get a chance in the under 21s.

Kyle Gourlay at Dundee is being hyped as the next big thing as far as goalkeeper's go. He had a 6 month loan stint at Clyde last season and by all accounts, their fans raved about him. Kerr Waddell (Our current CH) was on loan at Clyde at the same time and Gourlay was considered the bigger talent. He only turned 19 last week. Hopefully he goes out on loan again this season.  He's not the only one, however, we have another young keeper called Callum Ferrie who is pushing Gourlay all the way in the U20's and they tend to play a game each. So I think it's imperative that we get at least one of them out on loan as it'd be a disservice to them if we didn't.

Fairly obvious ones from Dundee are: Cammy Kerr, Jack Hendry and Kerr Waddell. 1 RB and 2 CH's. They might not  ever make it to the full international squad, but they are fantastic talents nonetheless.

It is good to see all the options we have coming through and already have young players in the national team, never mind just potential. We always had a long list of potentials but rarely had any realise that potential. But right now we have young guys like Tierney, Robertson, Fraser and McGinn already heavily involved. As well as a lot of players with a lot of years ahead of them playing well e.g Armstrong, McGregor, Bannan and Griffiths. 

Harry Soutter, Ross McCrorie and Liam Lindsay are all very young and seem to be getting a lot of recognition at CB. In a few years we could have a really solid back line, the way we used to. It also seems like there are new gems in midfield popping out the wood work every week. The most recent being Lewis Morgan, who looks to be a real prospect. 

McCrorie is only being mentioned because of a solid Old Firm performance. He's made one other appearance for Rangers, where he was dung, and had a couple of underwhelming loan stints with Ayr United & Dumbarton. I hope he makes it but I don't think we should be pinning our hopes on him just yet. He'll fade back into obscurity when Alves is fit again, much like David Bates (albeit Bates is currently injured).

Another shout for Harry Cochrane and Callumn Morrison. The f**k is that ‘Callumn’ name about though?
We also have young winger Lewis Moore who’s looked good. Jamie Brandon has had some first team exposure and Euan Henderson scored 4 in the second half against St Johnstone last night (2-0 to st j at ht, 4-2 ft!)

Liam Lindsay was in the premiership team of the year last year and is getting rave reviews this year. Look at the utter muck we are calling up for the senior squad at CH. I watched non league Lincoln City play Ipswich last year in the fa cup and Chrostophe Berra looked out his depth against their striker.

Ryan Porteous (captained the u19’s last night) was supposed to be going out on loan at the start of the season but performances meant Lennon wanted him kept around the squad.

He’ll definitely make it IMO, has all the attributes to be a top centre half.

16 hours ago, Paco said:

McCrorie is only being mentioned because of a solid Old Firm performance. He's made one other appearance for Rangers, where he was dung, and had a couple of underwhelming loan stints with Ayr United & Dumbarton. I hope he makes it but I don't think we should be pinning our hopes on him just yet. He'll fade back into obscurity when Alves is fit again, much like David Bates (albeit Bates is currently injured).

If he can handle an old firm derby that well against a very good celtic team at that age and having had so little 1st team experience I, m not sure really what more the kid can do. He's a baby and the more games he gets the better he will become. Your being very harsh on the young man or is your hate for anything rangers clouding your view.

51 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

If he can handle an old firm derby that well against a very good celtic team at that age and having had so little 1st team experience I, m not sure really what more the kid can do. He's a baby and the more games he gets the better he will become. Your being very harsh on the young man or is your hate for anything rangers clouding your view.

Pish. Loads of other teams have youngsters make debuts against Celtic, they also do as well as him and their players aren't being touted as the next big thing.

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

:lol:

Did Jamie Ness not score from thirty yards against Celtic early in his Rangers career?

Must surely be verging on a call up, as nobody can play in that game at a young age and fail to make it.

From what I seen McCrorie was constantly letting folk run off him and straying from the defensive line. Much like Souttar that gets overlooked because he can control the ball without it bouncing first.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Did Jamie Ness not score from thirty yards against Celtic early in his Rangers career?

Must surely be verging on a call up, as nobody can play in that game at a young age and fail to make it.

From what I seen McCrorie was constantly letting folk run off him and straying from the defensive line. Much like Souttar that gets overlooked because he can control the ball without it bouncing first.

What you've seen he's had a handle full of games,  if your such an expert talent spotter and fault picker your in the wrong job dude, get your applications into barcelona.

Archived