The Tennents Lager Appreciation Society

33 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

My top self will be doing a crawl through Linlithgow soon, any tips on where to avoid?

Having now skelped through this pub crawl twice and collecting both colours of tshirt, thus seeing myself as a seasoned veteran I would recommend staying away from the Linlithgow tap, usually absolutely mobbed and the folk on the bar are shite. Platform 3, The Kelpies and the Black Bitch are the best ones for a pint of the finest and best lager in my opinion.

I haven't participated in the full crawl as such, but Saturdays effort was the Star & Garter, P3, The Old Post Office (yep, Spoonsy pish but the scran was good), the Crown for some cheap (but very bad) pool, The 4 Marys and the Tap. By that time I was blowing bubbles, ably assisted by about Ten pinTs.

5 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Having now skelped through this pub crawl twice and collecting both colours of tshirt, thus seeing myself as a seasoned veteran I would recommend staying away from the Linlithgow tap, usually absolutely mobbed and the folk on the bar are shite. Platform 3, The Kelpies and the Black Bitch are the best ones for a pint of the finest and best lager in my opinion.

This had totally passed me by about Linlithgow. A bit of googling confirms you've not gone all Shad/Shodwall on us. You learn something new every day. 

IMG_1524068289.370996.thumb.jpg.ffc6c64ccb2cd719f6417e08163e4072.jpg

Tough day at the office, decided to stop in at the Local for a pinT on my way home. Delightful as always.
M17 glass maintaining the standard of the pint there.

Pub, pint and punter in beautiful harmony there. Each giving the other the love they deserve.

Natures symphomy goes on.

M17 glass maintaining the standard of the pint there.

Pub, pint and punter in beautiful harmony there. Each giving the other the love they deserve.

Natures symphomy goes on.

It really is like sitting enjoying the company of an old friend. I might even stay for a second.

24 minutes ago, Adam said:

IMG_1524068289.370996.jpg

Tough day at the office, decided to stop in at the Local for a pinT on my way home. Delightful as always.

Love the fact you tanned about 30% of it in one gulp.

47 minutes ago, Adam said:

It really is like sitting enjoying the company of an old friend. I might even stay for a second.

The old friend is yourself. There is no greater solitude than this. Being sat there with a pint, totally comfortable in your surroundings, zero requirement for anyone to say anything. Just sit there, letting your brain unwind and contemplate no further than the quality of the pint.

The old friend is yourself. There is no greater solitude than this. Being sat there with a pint, totally comfortable in your surroundings, zero requirement for anyone to say anything. Just sit there, letting your brain unwind and contemplate no further than the quality of the pint.

That’s quite poetic, nearly brought a tear to my eye.

Back up the road now with a couple of pizzas for dinner. Starving.

CDB8AB66-6015-414B-93E9-AC962C0A9BD5.jpg

Where do i get the alterations to my tastebuds that stop all beer tasting bad and making me nauseous?

Pm Dindy with your bank details and he’ll arrange it. Something to do with his work.