Buchanan

Eckersley

McGennis*

McShane

Smith

Morgan

Stewart (I'd prefer sutton)

Reilly

*Only because I've heard Mcginn is injured.

Exciting tie.

2 hours ago, Fony Titz said:

I'll be honest I'm not one to get caught up in the "it's not as good as it used to be" pish that boo-boy older generations spout.

Plus I'm not really sure what your point is.

My point is teams like Dundee were spending 500k plus and Lavety was transferred for around 250k to Hibs who had the likes of Latapy and Sauzee ask most people here they will agree it was a far better standard throughout all the leagues as it is now basically Loy would not have got near most teams in top 2 division s and his goal ratio would be non existant.  

Tomorrow I really just hope to see the start of Hartleys influence. Not bothered for, or expecting a win. All I expect from the team is that we manage to keep a clean sheet, and at the other end get on the scoresheet and give the fans something to cheer about. If we do those two things then the wins will start to come sooner rather than later.

Not expecting a win but I expect to keep a clean sheet and get on the scoresheet ????

Tomorrow I really just hope to see the start of Hartleys influence. Not bothered for, or expecting a win. All I expect from the team is that we manage to keep a clean sheet, and at the other end get on the scoresheet and give the fans something to cheer about. If we do those two things then the wins will start to come sooner rather than later.

9d5a4b5ba47ff5d96ef41703d4bc0a13.jpg

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Definitely sooner, I would predict. Lol

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Hartley's tenure will be like a NASA mission. Slow, cumbersome & energy consuming to begin with. But, before long, we'll start to feel the g-force.

19 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

Best pub to go to before the game?  Behind the wall has been suggested. Any others?

Definitely Behind the Wall. If you mention behind the bar that you are going to the football you will receive a voucher for a free bus service that runs down to the stadium and back after the game as well. 

Not a clue how we will cope without Taiwo today. We have been lightweight and brutal at the best of times never mind without Tommy in the middle. We do have good attacking options, hopefully Hartley has worked out how to play to each of their strengths. I just want a goal plz. 

42 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Definitely Behind the Wall. If you mention behind the bar that you are going to the football you will receive a voucher for a free bus service that runs down to the stadium and back after the game as well. 

Not a clue how we will cope without Taiwo today. We have been lightweight and brutal at the best of times never mind without Tommy in the middle. We do have good attacking options, hopefully Hartley has worked out how to play to each of their strengths. I just want a goal plz. 

Cheers. Will it have the football on? Preferably the hibs celtic game but the Chelsea game would be ok as well

8 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

My point is teams like Dundee were spending 500k plus and Lavety was transferred for around 250k to Hibs who had the likes of Latapy and Sauzee ask most people here they will agree it was a far better standard throughout all the leagues as it is now basically Loy would not have got near most teams in top 2 division s and his goal ratio would be non existant.  

Lets not forget the world beater Lavety couldn't get in the Hibs team in the 2nd tier when they had Latapy and Sauzee, Stevie Lovell and Big Mixu keeping him out.

Loy was mainly used as a wide player the majority of his early career tho he is probably just under a goal every three games in his Falkirk career whereas Lavety will be just under a goal every four games for St Mirren.

I like to think old football was better but personally I tend to think tactics with teams playing for draws, formations that would gauge your eyes out, the latter rules and less fouling and players fitness levels have more to do with it.

As I've said, two players not deemed good enough for the top league but considered decent at this level

I don't think we are anywhere near good enough to start all the over confident stuff.  We have goals in us but we are also liable to ship them in at the back, just like we did at EEP and cappielow.  Our record at Falkirk is not good so I'm certainly not feeling over confident about our chances today.

We need another fighting performance where we can hopefully get the first goal and then defend properly.

Archived