Assassins Creed Origins

19QOS19

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m enjoying it to be honest.

Went back and played the older titles in the build up and just couldn’t complete Unity, it was a slog.

It feels like they’ve finally listened to feedback.

I’m enjoying it to be honest.

Went back and played the older titles in the build up and just couldn’t complete Unity, it was a slog.

It feels like they’ve finally listened to feedback.

How are you finding the new combat dynamics? I'm struggling big time. I'm not dying but when it gets harder I can see it happening a lot. Having to push R3 is a pain in the fucking arse.

How are you finding the new combat dynamics? I'm struggling big time. I'm not dying but when it gets harder I can see it happening a lot. Having to push R3 is a pain in the fucking arse.

It’s caught me off guard, I can see why they’ve done it. It’s made me think twice before charging in.

Preferring the bow so far, feels like a different game that way as well.

It’s caught me off guard, I can see why they’ve done it. It’s made me think twice before charging in.

Preferring the bow so far, feels like a different game that way as well.

The bow is a good addition and I prefer it as well. If the time comes when I'm surrounded by 3 or more guys I can see myself dying a few times. I just feel like I'm swinging my sword in hope more than expectation just now!

The bow is a good addition and I prefer it as well. If the time comes when I'm surrounded by 3 or more guys I can see myself dying a few times. I just feel like I'm swinging my sword in hope more than expectation just now!

The dodge is the best thing in those situations, I found do that to get behind a large enemy before hitting him with a few quick hits really helps.

Just had a quick go yesterday and think it's going to take a while to get used to the changes. Can obviously see where all the Witcher comparisons came from with the huge, wide open area.

Thought it was strange how after finishing all the 'major' quests in the first area all the quests in the next area and everywhere in between seem quite overpowered for my characters level.

Just had a quick go yesterday and think it's going to take a while to get used to the changes. Can obviously see where all the Witcher comparisons came from with the huge, wide open area.
Thought it was strange how after finishing all the 'major' quests in the first area all the quests in the next area and everywhere in between seem quite overpowered for my characters level.

I think I've put in about 5 hours now. I'm level 12 and I zoomed out last night and haven't even touched half the world yet. The map is unreal.

You may be more clued up than me but I only just realised that there are numbers in each section on the map eg. 1-5, 11-15. I clicked that this meant the level of the opposition. I've spent most of the time hunting and looting for items to upgrade my gear as you've no chance of beating someone a couple of levels higher. I'm now getting used to the combat as well thankfully. The fact that almost everything is scaleable now is a massive bonus as well.

I'm a good 20 hours into this now.  It's refreshingly different from previous AC games in some areas but depressingly similar in others. Really enjoying the story, characters and setting so far. 

Is there any way to see exactly how long you've played?

Just noticed it tells you at the start. I'm 10 hours in default_ohmy.png I think I've done about 8 missions by now.

I’ve spent more time exploring than completing missions.

Got a hand of the controls yet?

I’ve spent more time exploring than completing missions.

Got a hand of the controls yet?

I'm the same. I'm actually enjoying the hunting and looting aspect. Aye, it's taken a while to get used to but I'm coming to grips with the controls! I'm trying to upgrade all my weapons though so I'm as well equiped as possible! The controls, to me, make for an encouragement to be more stealthy which I can appreciate.

I wouldn't bother upgrading until late game, costs a fortune and you get better items all the time

Upgrading is the wrong word. I meant I've been finding the supplies to enhance my health, arrow capacity etc.

• 2 months later...

Finally finished the story today. The fact that I had accrued 50 hours of game time before doing so speaks volumes about how much there is to do.

Have spent hours just running across the desert, finding tombs, towns, barracks etc. The world is stunning.

Bayek is an excellent character. Story is a bit all over the place at times with characters coming and going without any development but I enjoyed it overall. As a history buff, seeing people like Cleopatra and Caesar in game form was excellent.

Overall, a massive step in the right direction for a franchise that I love but that hasn't really progressed much since AC2. The extra year of development has been worthwhile and the game play benefits. Hate buying DLC but I'll probably get 'The hidden ones' for this

I'm very tempted to pick this up, but I also know there's no chance I'll get the time to really do this justice.  Worth a pick-up if I can get it cheaper?

Absolutely. The first DLC is very good as well.

• 1 month later...

I'm on almost 70 hours play time and 94% completion for the trophies.  Just need to finish the locations, burn enough bad guys with flaming arrows/oil barrels (this one seems glitched for me) and see the hallucination of raining beetles in the desert then I'll have the platinum trophy.

Last time I got all the trophies in  game (or achievements seen as it was Xbox 360) was Assassins Creed 2.  Still not bored of this game despite playing it to death.  Will invest in the DLC once I get platinum.

Also, Ubisoft have confirmed that they'll not release another game in 2018 so seem to be sticking with the game every two years cycle that has paid dividends with Origins

Archived