The Red Lichties vs Honest Men

3 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Kind of glad i missed the game today due to work.

Going by whats been said things went very wrong today.

We played quite well till Hutton started giving out gifts.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Big lichtie said:

and Jesus Christ linn should of scored first half and didnt hutton should of saved the first but didn’t and Jesus Christ where were tob and hammy for the second

giphy.gif

Should have been 2 or 3 up before half time,but if you don t take your chances you don t win games.Don t think Ayr had a shot until they scored,looked a poor goal to lose.Should have had a stonewall pen right on half time.2 nd goal looked a total mess between keeper and defender with no danger,then heads went down lost 2 more goals.

Missed this today as well due to work. Disappointing not to bounce back as we have after every other poor result this season. Hopefully pickup some points in the next couple of weeks against a struggling Queens and resurgent(?) Forfar .

Still plenty of reasons to be optimistic. If, in the summer, you'd offered me a point of the playoffs a third of the way through the season I'd have bitten yer hand off.

if we can shake off this habit of a ten minute capitulation, we'll be well placed.

Keep the heid boys!

Think any fan that takes pleasure in Hutton failing should take themselves elsewhere on a Saturday. Disgusting to see and if I find out who any of these fans are I will be making a trip to their door to ensure that they SUPPORT the team!In DC and Swanks we trust.
36-0

You been knocking on any doors tonight?

Bet their shitting it...

They are, don’t you worry. About to tell them how bad fans they are. Think those who abuse Arbroath players are reprehensible individuals and would be better off watching shite like Montrose every week. Enjoy your 23rd season in the bottom tier you tink. DD11 rule lol.

They are, don’t you worry. About to tell them how bad fans they are. Think those who abuse Arbroath players are reprehensible individuals and would be better off watching shite like Montrose every week. Enjoy your 23rd season in the bottom tier you tink. DD11 rule lol.

Lets just face it....you put up a horrendous post saying you would go round and see these fans yourself that were shouting whatever... and free to do so aswell.But in all honesty you were going nowhere near their house and trying to play the hard man card on here...Now go and sip on your Bacardi breezer and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Lets just face it....you put up a horrendous post saying you would go round and see these fans yourself that were shouting whatever... and free to do so aswell.But in all honesty you were going nowhere near their house and trying to play the hard man card on here...Now go and sip on your Bacardi breezer and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Let’s face it...you are living in horrendous conditions that the rest of the country got rid of in 1878. Typhoid is probably still prevalent in Montrose. To be honest ISIS could rattle through Montrose with an RPG and an AK-47 and improve the place.

Let’s face it...you are living in horrendous conditions that the rest of the country got rid of in 1878. Typhoid is probably still prevalent in Montrose. To be honest ISIS could rattle through Montrose with an RPG and an AK-47 and improve the place.

Well said sir...

Have to say that Arbroath were very unfortunate to not be a couple goals up at half time, also thought that Docherty fouled the attacker rather than the other way around and was a bit confused/delighted at the decision.  

I never switched ends so it was right in front of me, made some wonderful friendly new pals when we scored the first so hiya if you are on here, hope you enjoyed the second half :wub:

Some of our play in the second half was magic to watch compared to the hitting it long stuff.  433 seems to be the key to unlocking a bit of confidence to just go and play a bit (we did go back to the punting after the 4th).  

Arbroath never stopped creating chances all game, it will click again very soon im sure. 

Why Swankie was not subbed remains a mystery, he did nothing despite his goal. A total waste of £9.6k unfortunately he is still with us next season.

I've no crux in this but to think if you divide that number by 9.32 you will get Swankie's weekly wage it's astonishing.

McCall sounded a bit pissed off in the post match interview and he’s pretty justified tbh.

During the first half I couldn’t believe how we were still in the game. The amount of chances Arbroath created and wasted was huge. On another day they would have beaten us and they are comfortably the best side I’ve seen this season apart from us.

As said above I’m sure you guys will be up there in the play offs but you were really unlucky today.
Docs foul was a stonewaller and actually thought the ref gave it when he blew his whistle.

The football we played in the second half was different class and it shows that we clearly have the ability to do so.

Stand out performances for me were Hart who kept us in it when Arbroath could’ve scored a few and Shankland who should be locked in a room with a contract and not let out until he signs for us.

Should have been 2 or 3 up before half time,but if you don t take your chances you don t win games.Don t think Ayr had a shot until they scored,looked a poor goal to lose.Should have had a stonewall pen right on half time.2 nd goal looked a total mess between keeper and defender with no danger,then heads went down lost 2 more goals.

Surely you can't solely blame Hutton for the first when Shanks ends up clean through without anything sublime happening. Yes it seemed to go through him a bit but you can't be letting that situation happen as easily as it did.

In terms of the second, there was definitely danger. We were in behind (which we had been quite a few times by then) with attackers in the box. I didn't quite see what happened but I presumed Hutton was parrying it out but it hit the defender and went in. A total stramash but again I'm not sure it's a goalkeeping howler.

(I've just realised you weren't as scathing towards the keeper as others have been).

Archived