QoS v Livi

8 minutes ago, Arsene Parcelly said:

Livingston "magnificent"....Well, anyone could class thereselves as that against Queens today.Over egging the pudding possibly".Easy"would be more apt , as magnificent would suggest that you had met against some testing oppostion.

Here we go again, maybe Queens being poor today had something to do with how Livi played ? We bossed a Queens side that hadn’t lost in 90 minutes since September, a great run for anyone in this league so a result like this for us was indeed  magnificent. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I missed your post. I thought Brownlie was terrible today. The worst I've seen him actually. He made that howler when Martin got him out of jail but minutes before he did the exact same thing and Marshall was there to cover. I thought he was bullied for most of the game by the Livi forward and he then resorted to trying to get the boy's jersey off him. He should have penalised for a few challenges today.

I thought Dykes was awful as well. He is almost the exact same height as Gallagher who had him in his back pocket all game. I could count on one hand the amount of headers he won and he was bullied far too easily as well. He won us a couple of free kicks but some of them were very questionable.

I wouldn't say he was our worst player and it's not supposed to be a dig at the boy I just don't think his performance was anywhere near MoM material. And to be fair to him he is never going to be a targetman. He takes an age to get the ball down and under control so I find it poor that that's what he's expected to do. I thought he looked far better out wide in the second half running at people.

Absolutely this.

Brownlie and Dykes were both dreadful today.

48 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Couldn't make the game but I'm hearing conflicting reports on the second goalscorer...the official Twitter has it as Mackin as does the live score app but BBC and a few on here have said it was mullin.

As I said, I'm sure it was an own goal.   You could tell in the way the players in the box celebrated.  It was that kind of joy without a focus, until they belatedly made towards the guy who delivered the free kick.

Charlie Mann from the BBC was behind me and he was torn between crediting Mullin or Mackin.  It wasn't either though.

Just now, andylivi1 said:

Here we go again, maybe Queens being poor today had something to do with how Livi played ? We bossed a Queens side that hadn’t lost in 90 minutes since September, a great run for anyone in this league so a result like this for us was indeed  magnificent. 

Yep, lost count of how many times I've seen opposition fans coming out with that after we gubbed them. We must be the luckiest team in the league playing them all just when they have off days. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Arsene Parcelly said:

Livingston "magnificent"....Well, anyone could class thereselves as that against Queens today.Over egging the pudding possibly".Easy"would be more apt , as magnificent would suggest that you had met against some testing oppostion.

Jeez, a whole bunch of sour grapes!

We're doing absolutely magnificent for a team that was heavily tipped to go straight back down - a win on Tuesday takes us top. We've been the surprise package and it's delightful to watch - especially the seethe of other teams fans when we beat them. It's always that they player badly, never that we played well :D 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'll need to see the highlights but off the top of my head I can't recall either of the crosses for the goals being in the 6 yard box so it'd be harsh to criticise Martin. Though either way I wouldn't blame him for them especially the first. The space the boy got in the first was criminal and the second goal we should have learned from minutes earlier.

Marking is surely an absolute basic for a defender. The fact we've failed to do that so often today is extremely infuriating.

I think the first probably was just about inside the six yard box when turned in.  Martin could maybe be faulted, but it was a good ball in.  Fordyce however, can definitely be faulted.  I'm sure he'd fallen asleep and was totally unaware of the scorer's presence, until he nipped in ahead of him.

Not so sure you did, we had a perfectly good goal not given and a very good penalty shout turned down, two big calls that went against us.
Bigger and stronger perhaps, the barging and shoving happens every single week in every game across the country, I’m sure Queens have benefitted in the past, but I don’t particularly think we benefited from refereeing calls, it was just good strong forward play that the Queens defenders struggled to cope with all day.  

My issue wasn't so much the barging and the shoving it was that the ref gave numerous fouls against Gallagher and Livi's 15 (I'm sure) yet never booked them. He eventually booked the striker and minutes later he was hooked. Jacobs commits one foul and receives a yellow and similarly to SD I wasn't convinced it was a yellow.

Nah we were the same on Tuesday but Livi are a far better side than Montrose and punished us handsomely. Some folk put our gutter showing on Tuesday down to Montrose sitting in which I thought wasn't the case. Today's showing seems to confirm my thoughts that we were just shit.

Livingston bullied us all over the park.You really need a strong ref when you play them.Gallagher got away with countless fouls.

Mullen was excellent for Livi but we have him far to much room because we never played with a left sided midfielder.

We needed pace today something that we sadly lack in our squad .

Made it easy for Livi today playing far to many high balls to big defenders .

Naysmith was to blame today his team selection and tactics were crazy new as soon as I seen the team we would struggle

1 minute ago, Northfield 53 said:

Livingston bullied us all over the park.You really need a strong ref when you play them.Gallagher got away with countless fouls.

Mullen was excellent for Livi but we have him far to much room because we never played with a left sided midfielder.

We needed pace today something that we sadly lack in our squad .

Made it easy for Livi today playing far to many high balls to big defenders .

Naysmith was to blame today his team selection and tactics were crazy new as soon as I seen the team we would struggle

The seethe is oozing

Gallagher did nothing
Mullen was injured and didn't play
You got smacked about
The Amber Machine rolls on

The seethe is oozing

Gallagher did nothing
Mullen was injured and didn't play
You got smacked about
The Amber Machine rolls on

I don't think anyone is seething. The only seethe from us is towards our own awful display. Gallagher was penalised for numerous fouls today and tbh a lot were very soft but of the ref deemed them fouls then it's amazing how he's avoided being booked. I don't think pointing that out amounts to "seething" tbh.

I don't really hold with the line about Livingston being overly physical or particularly bullying us.

It wasn't the silkiest of games, but the difference is that they had a bit more cutting edge and had a midfield capable of asserting some authority. 

They were better than us today.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

My issue wasn't so much the barging and the shoving it was that the ref gave numerous fouls against Gallagher and Livi's 15 (I'm sure) yet never booked them. He eventually booked the striker and minutes later he was hooked. Jacobs commits one foul and receives a yellow and similarly to SD I wasn't convinced it was a yellow.

Nah we were the same on Tuesday but Livi are a far better side than Montrose and punished us handsomely. Some folk put our gutter showing on Tuesday down to Montrose sitting in which I thought wasn't the case. Today's showing seems to confirm my thoughts that we were just shit.

I think andy was referring to you league form, a draw and 3 wins going into this game, Queens were the form team in the league.

4 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

The review on the Scottish Sun stating that Fordyce was the player who scored the OG

Might have been.  If so, it means he was culpable for the first two.

I'd wondered if it was Kerr, but I don't know.  I'm pretty certain it was a Queens player though.

Might have been.  If so, it means he was culpable for the first two.
I'd wondered if it was Kerr, but I don't know.  I'm pretty certain it was a Queens player though.

Yeah I thought it was an og myself. The ball dipped below the bar from my memory and then it hit the crossbar so there had to have been a touch.

20 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Yeah I thought it was an og myself. The ball dipped below the bar from my memory and then it hit the crossbar so there had to have been a touch.

I'm astonished there's even any debate about it. It was a very clear OG for me. Its simply not going in until headed by either Fordyce or Kerr, not sure which it was.

33 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Definite og sure it came off the top of Kerrs head.

Archived