Edinburgh Cup Derby 2018

Neiljb

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Maybe I was slightly exaggerating, but over the last 6 weeks  or so, having seen both Edinburgh teams live and against each other on TV, I've come to appreciate how much better a team Aberdeen have than both these sides. 

There's not one of the 22 out there...aside from Berra....that I would have in a red shirt. 

McGinn must be the most over-rated player in the Scottish game for many a year, Boyle is a poor man's GMS, and Hearts are simply a painful side to watch.

Shame Aberdeen are still soft as shite when it comes to the crunch.

You'll never take the Gorgie. tfw.png

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t know why I put myself through watching these fixtures

Because Aberdeen don't have a real rivalry?

2 hours ago, Mr .Gifs™ said:

They shook us in the manner we have done to them for the past five seasons and had us boxed-in from-the-off. That was the first time since 2012, maybe even 2011, where our derby dominance has dissipated.

lol wut 

We won the same number of derbies in one season in 2013/14 with the U20s as you managed in your wee run. We also still done what we needed to, when we needed to in the Championship derbies the following season, despite Hibs continually improving in these games.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Awful game by 2 woeful sides. Hearts were compact and made it seem like they had 3 players to a man at times. The quality was... as predicted by everyone, lacking. The game was only ever going to be separated by an utterly ***** goal which Hearts have always had a knack for.

PowttJS.gif

45 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Levein playing to the gallery,with Lennon either not understanding, or pretending not to, in the hope of being seen as the bigger man.

5 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Minter of a miss from Boyle IMO (in my opinion).

Thanks for the clarification of what IMO means.

5 hours ago, Tynieness said:

It was for Shaun Woodburn that got murdered.

Killed. Just in case any lawyers are looking in.

Not sure I could have scripted a better way for this game to end. Hibs fans raging after a fluky af winner is about as good as it gets. Natural order restored.

We were the side that actually tried to play football with quick short passing moves. Second half it pinged about for about 25 mins straight without anyone getting a foot on the ball.  Mitchell is a total baller which is good to see. We had the better chances and could have won by more. Lennon is fooling nobody saying hibs should have won.

Hopefull we can kick on from here and dominate the fixture again. 

34 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Levein playing to the gallery,with Lennon either not understanding, or pretending not to, in the hope of being seen as the bigger man.

Hes got some neck . Hibs win 3 derbys and have a lap of honour after each one :lol: Anyway, its good to have the old Levein back. 

2 hours ago, Jeffo said:

Can't be disallowed if it's not awarded. lolz 

Try again.

It was 'disallowed'; Shaw had a goal disallowed just like: Griffiths in 2012-13, Forster in 2013-14, Cummings in 2015-16 and McGregor in 2016-17.

Hearts had two goals disallowed in the 2016 replay, although they were correctly 'disallowed' for offside.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

lol wut 

We won the same number of derbies in one season in 2013/14 with the U20s as you managed in your wee run. We also still done what we needed to, when we needed to in the Championship derbies the following season, despite Hibs continually improving in these games.

PowttJS.gif

I didn't expect you to bite to that...

My post more-or-less suggested that it was 'the best Hearts performance since (maybe) 2011'. :lol: I at least expected '1-5' reasons why this isn't true.

Both sides missed a sitter each; I still feel that Hearts deserved to win as they were the better side overall. Neither side deserved much out of the game – Hibs least of all. I hope this is a sobering wake-up call to the club club, otherwise we may as well drown in our bitter tears. Contrary to the majority of Hibs fans on forums, I think Lennon has been distinctly average – sometimes simply stinking. We haven't 'done what we've needed to' and Lennon could do well to learn from Levein on doing 'the basics' better.

Today was a worrying return to 'more of the same' for Hibs & Hearts, going by their recent form and performances.

I'd like to see some 'order restored' to Hibs as our discipline has disappeared.

Archived