St Mirren v Livingston - Winner Goes Top Edition

FFS, did we get a doing last night. 

Quite a few Buddies on here disgracing themselves. 

Showing absolutely no class whatsoever. 

Serious fecking crowdwanking. 

Leave Livi  and their fans be.

Any amount of away fans at Greenhill Road is fine.

No mention of the fact that 30 or 40 of the 180 Livi  fans outsung and drowned out our home support. 

Shameful St Mirren fan behaviour on here. 

Acting like Sevco /Celtic fans. 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

That was a great result considering the form Livi are in and that Untied had sneaked ahead of us. Don't remember Livi being so physical last time - they were this! Quite how they managed to keep 11 on the park is beyond me, numerous instances of a doubled yellow or a straight red, especially the one against Liam Smith late on in the game - when other fouls you felt could be considered physical play that was just out and out assault. No idea who the ref was but he really should have seen the way Livi were operating and tailored his officiating.

Still, no injuries our side so that's a plus. And I don't really want to tear into Livi/Hopkin for their strategy. It's clearly been working for them and from what it looked like last night it was if they were told to go out and frustrate and niggle for the first half and see where that got them in the second. The reason I say that is after their goal, which you've got to put the problem at Samson for although he wasn't helped at all by the defence, they seemed unsure where to go next.

I've never seen Jack Ross shut up shop before. I mean it worked, but the last ten minutes was a bit odd with the substitutes to the point I wasn't sure what formation we were playing at the final whistle. It's clear he's a happy boy after the result, his post match comments are accompanied by an almost perma-smile.

On a final note, the combination of Baird and Davis seems to work well, and it's great to see Davis back in a Saints top but it'll leave Buchanan kicking his heels. I had actually assumed he'd been bought more for a holding midfielder role rather than defence, and with Gary Mac due back some time it looks like there won't be a position for him to play. Maybe he'll up his game to fight his way back into the team.

Capture.PNG.fa3d1c2ee3d08dc2a8dffd93c93cca2d.PNG

I'm sure this is meme worthy.

206lho.jpg

34 minutes ago, shull said:

FFS, did we get a doing last night. 

Quite a few Buddies on here disgracing themselves. 

Showing absolutely no class whatsoever. 

Serious fecking crowdwanking. 

Leave Livi  and their fans be.

Any amount of away fans at Greenhill Road is fine.

No mention of the fact that 30 or 40 of the 180 Livi  fans outsung and drowned out our home support. 

Shameful St Mirren fan behaviour on here. 

Acting like Sevco /Celtic fans. 

Agree with most of that but the bit in bold :lol:  

W7 was in fine voice last night :thumsup2

On the game...

Thought Livvy started better than us without causing us too many  problems.

After about 10 minutes we came in to the game, and pretty much from there on in - aside from a few moments - we played very well and thoroughly deserved our win.

Davis is really starting to have an impact.  Morgan was immense again (after riding some very heavy early tackles). Magennis best game since returning from injury. Baird looking solid. Eckersley having his best attacking game this season. McGinn being McGinn.

Everybody played well, but those were the standouts for me.

Also think Ross deserves credit for whatever he did at HT to turn 0-1 in to 3-1; and for what he did after we got the 2 goal cushion to hold on to it.

Such a difference between this Saints team and not just last season's but the last decade's.

We seem to have somehow found a habit of winning games we're favourites to win.

[Can't believe I said that before a home game against DUMBARTON of all teams!]

53 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Agree with most of that but the bit in bold :lol:  

W7 was in fine voice last night :thumsup2

Not from W1 they weren't. I heard the distant drum but that's all. The Livi fans were very loud and it seemed like their home match for a while. 

I think our W7 lads would be better in the South Stand where the acoustics might be better. 

Every away support drowns out W7.

Just an observation. 

51 minutes ago, shull said:

Not from W1 they weren't. I heard the distant drum but that's all. The Livi fans were very loud and it seemed like their home match for a while. 

I think our W7 lads would be better in the South Stand where the acoustics might be better. 

Every away support drowns out W7.

Just an observation. 

The away fans? Really? I never heard a peep from them in W5

Our ground is weird for noise. In W7 it sounds loud - the players say they can hear it loud and clear on the pitch - as can people in the main stand across from us. Away fans seem to hear alright..... Just weird that the noise doesn't seem to travel down towards W1 - W4 

Players that matter I guess 

4 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

He played defence whenever I saw him at Dumbarton (which was only a few times to be fair) so I had no idea if he could come in and do a job as a holding mid, but at the time we didn't look like Davis was coming back and Gary Mac doesn't have a lot of years football left in him. It made sense to bring him in, and clearly Ross is a fan.

The McGinn/McShane partnership will improve a lot once the defence settles down with Davis there. Even the last two games you can see the difference he has made. McShane is a bit of a sideways passer who you don't tend to notice much in the game while McGinn clearly wants to impose himself in that area. With the luxury of our attacking players we have I think the balance is OK to be honest. To say neither are defensively minded is a bit unfair, imo, as I think both most definitely are.

I don't think either are defensively minded which can put pressure on the defence in certain games.

Didn't think we played particularly badly in the first half, but you can see how Livi have been so effective this season from their first half showing. Nothing spectacular, but I can imagine some centre halves would've struggled enormously with their physicality in the box, and midfields that would've crumbled under their high press and strong tackling.

As said before I thought Magennis, Morgan and co. did extremely well yet again to ride out the tough stuff and letting their class show in the end.

Fair fucks to the Livi fans that made it through on a freezing Tuesday night, brought some decent noise too. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Bugger, that 2nd goal was cleared by Lithgow and comes off the back of Alexander and into our net, suppose it made up for the one in the first half that came off our post and somehow stayed out after it rolled along our goal line, our luck ran out 2nd half. Still don't know what the pen was for, can't really see anything other than the St Mirren player falling down, looked at it several times and can't make out how he went down.

Our ground is weird for noise. In W7 it sounds loud - the players say they can hear it loud and clear on the pitch - as can people in the main stand across from us. Away fans seem to hear alright..... Just weird that the noise doesn't seem to travel down towards W1 - W4 
Players that matter I guess 

W4 can't hear W7 because we can only hear ourselves. W4 has always been a noisey section....when there's been something to shout about.

Archived