Drumbarton vs Queen of the South

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A good point but again I can't help but feel disappointed with not holding on for a win. f**k knows what happened for the 2nd Queens goal.

I thought the pen looked soft but I was miles away, I also thought Roys disallowed goal looked harsh but again it was hard to tell.

Hutton, Wardrope and Carswell were probably our best performers. I was also fairly impressed with Morrison when he came on and I'm delighted to see him grab a goal. He's really starting to put himself about more. Unfortunately Froxy still looks gubbed and big Nade looks miles off the pace.

Clearest pen you will ever see, didn't notice one complaint. Morrison who was a mile off made a move for the ball flag was up early.  Don't quite know how the referee missed the foul from Barr on Kane in the build up to the second Dumbarton goal. Then again he missed quite a bit. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clearest pen you will ever see, didn't notice one complaint. Morrison who was a mile off made a move for the ball flag was up early.  Don't quite know how the referee missed the foul from Barr on Kane in the build up to the second Dumbarton goal. Then again he missed quite a bit. 

I thought it was a penalty. I also agree with you on Roy's disallowed goal.

You would've had a better view of Stewart's penalty claim on the stroke of half-time too?

"Clearest pen you will ever see" is quite the exaggeration. I am willing to accept I was miles away from it and will await the highlights. It may well have been a penalty.

Morrison didn't look to affect play at all in the build up to Roy's 'goal'.

The decision to give Roy's goal offside is ridiculous, he was miles onside and Morrison (who was off) did not interfere. Feel slightly robbed there.

That said, we just weren't at it in the second half. Froxylias is a mile away from being fit and really shouldn't have started. Morrison did well when he came on, Nade not so much. Disappointing to only take a point as it was there for the taking but on the balance of play a draw is probably fair enough. It's another point put between us and Falkirk and we're unbeaten in the last 5 games, plenty to be happy about.

Just now, The Moonster said:

The decision to give Roy's goal offside is ridiculous, he was miles onside and Morrison (who was off) did not interfere. Feel slightly robbed there.

That said, we just weren't at it in the second half. Froxylias is a mile away from being fit and really shouldn't have started. Morrison did well when he came on, Nade not so much. Disappointing to only take a point as it was there for the taking but on the balance of play a draw is probably fair enough. It's another point put between us and Falkirk and we're unbeaten in the last 5 games, plenty to be happy about.

I totally understood the linesman's decision to be honest. Morrison looked to sort of think about jumping, semi move (I've no idea if he did actually touch it or not) before Roy came in with a belting finish.

It was possibly the wrong decision, but I can see why he gave it. He was maybe just a bit too quick with the flag. 

Stewart's penalty claim in the first-half is the big one I think he got wrong tonight. It looked fairly blatant from the other end of the pitch.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

"Clearest pen you will ever see" is quite the exaggeration. I am willing to accept I was miles away from it and will await the highlights. It may well have been a penalty.

Morrison didn't look to affect play at all in the build up to Roy's 'goal'.

Kane got his body infront of the defender and he clattered him. I could have seen it from my front room. 

10 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I thought it was a penalty. I also agree with you on Roy's disallowed goal.

You would've had a better view of Stewart's penalty claim on the stroke of half-time too?

It was a silly to tackle from the angle he did but I think the way the ball flicked away he must have got something on it. Tbf I didn't see Mark Stewart asking for it only the other players. 

5 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I totally understood the linesman's decision to be honest. Morrison looked to sort of think about jumping, semi move (I've no idea if he did actually touch it or not) before Roy came in with a belting finish.

It was possibly the wrong decision, but I can see why he gave it. He was maybe just a bit too quick with the flag. 

Stewart's penalty claim in the first-half is the big one I think he got wrong tonight. It looked fairly blatant from the other end of the pitch.

Morrison doesn't touch it and the lino was flagging before the ball even reached him, which is clearly wrong, he needs to see where that ball ends up and who is playing it.

Can't say I felt the one with Stewart was a pen.

Kane got his body infront of the defender and he clattered him. I could have seen it from my front room. 

"I could have seen it from my front room" is quite the exaggeration.

I sit 3 rows from the front at the other end of the stadium. Again, I'm more than happy to await the highlights to clarify.

8 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Morrison didn't touch the ball but he did make a move towards it and that clearly put Martin off ( that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Roy was miles onside and unlucky that his teammate went for the ball.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

"I could have seen it from my front room" is quite the exaggeration.

I sit 3 rows from the front at the other end of the stadium. Again, I'm more than happy to await the highlights to clarify.

I will save you the wait, it's a penalty all day. Kane did brilliantly to get his body in between defender and the ball and it was a silly tackle. 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

f**k VAR and goal line technology, we should just clone Broony.

Or you could just open your eyes when at the game. Two fairly straight forward decisions and you managed to somehow miss them both. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Morrison doesn't touch it and the lino was flagging before the ball even reached him, which is clearly wrong, he needs to see where that ball ends up and who is playing it.

Can't say I felt the one with Stewart was a pen.

I can't say I even noticed when the linesman flagged to be honest. I just remember thinking that Morrison was miles off and then, boof, out of nowhere, Ally Roy appears and bends in a beauty. If he did flag in anticipation then he's got it badly wrong.

Obviously it was at the other end of the pitch, but the Stewart one looked like a penalty to me - unless it was the defender and not Mark who put the ball into the box.

SonsTV has a lot of clearing up to do.

On a totally unrelated subject, when Dowie knee'd the ball back to Gallacher in the first half, and Shaun Rooney (IIRC) went off his head at the referee about a passback I could just imagine SD quietly fuming that one of his players didn't know the rules :lol:

Gutting not to have taken the 3 points tonight. Good first half showing but weren't really at it in the second half. Kyle Hutton was excellent and has really came onto a game, some of his passing was brilliant, worthy of man of the match imo.
Stewart being pulled down in the box looked a penalty to me but will need to see the highlights to confirm. The decision from the linesman to flag for offside when ally Roy scored was an absolute shocker. Stevie Wonder could've seen that it was Morrison not Roy that was in an offside position and he didn't touch the ball or interfere with play.
At least we didn't lose and the unbeaten run still continues and hopefully with confidence being high we can kick on and take something from St Mirren on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I can't say I even noticed when the linesman flagged to be honest. I just remember thinking that Morrison was miles off and then, boof, out of nowhere, Ally Roy appears and bends in a beauty. If he did flag in anticipation then he's got it badly wrong.

I know he flagged early because I was screaming at the lino before Roy put it in :lol:. Roy timed it perfectly and he was beeling when he saw the flag, rightly so.

I'll need to see Stewarts one again but it just looked like a shoulder challenge to me.

Or you could just open your eyes when at the game. Two fairly straight forward decisions and you managed to somehow miss them both. 

My eyes were open Broony. I'm happy to admit I need the highlights to confirm the penalty decision as I was at the other end of the stadium, much like you were for the disallowed goal.

5cc1b2c2a4a9e202fc7cc8f0bb2f897d.jpg

I've long taken the view that every point we take in a midweek match is a very precious one; we are a part-time team and there were some very heavy legs on show tonight, especially late on.  A week of Dunfermline away, QoS at home and St Mirren away is a tough shift, never mind our current injury situation.

Some will point to two consecutive games in which we've now led four times and drawn both but I say well done to all involved.  In any case we never deserved a win this evening, but I've seen worse games, and many of them.

Proverbial game of 2 halves.

We were comfortable in the first 45 but for a moment of poor defending where Gallagher had to bail us out with a decent save.

Queen of the South started the 2nd half really well, didnt let us settle at all and looked dangerous.

A point a piece was probably a fair result. A few decent performances for us. A couple of poor performances. The big frustration is that for spells in our last 2 games we were ahead but we've managed to finish both games tied. Before kick off fans would have taken a point from each of those games. Winning even one of those 2 matches would have been a real bonus.

Archived