West Region fixtures "to March"

glensmad

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, glensmad said:

I assume that whenever "ASAP" comes :rolleyes: then we will get fixtures at that point up to March ? If not then we may as well not bother having an AGM and just let the powers-that-be decide on their own rules.

I'm sure you can approach your committee and come to the January General meeting of the West Region as the club's delegate and brings up all these points and put them right.

I'm sure you can approach your committee and come to the January General meeting of the West Region as the club's delegate and brings up all these points and put them right.

Exactly , the clubs voted the guy back in the last time they aired their opinions and cast their vote, moaning on here achieves nothing at all , just going round in circles

36 minutes ago, theshed said:

Exactly , the clubs voted the guy back in the last time they aired their opinions and cast their vote, moaning on here achieves nothing at all , just going round in circles

Not all of the clubs voted him back in, only a very marginal majority of the clubs voted for him. And when they did, they expected him to implement the new constitutional rules that an enormously larger majority of clubs  voted for.

Not all of the clubs voted him back in, only a very marginal majority of the clubs voted for him. And when they did, they expected him to implement the new constitutional rules that an enormously larger majority of clubs  voted for.

I just can't see the big deal here , an outrage as the guy hasn't produced a fixture list up until march , the guy tried four fixtures in advance prior to most third round Scottish cup games being postponed , the Scottish cup call offs totally put paid to that so what chance has he got in posting fixtures until march ??

He could have done it but what would it have meant ? Absolutely nothing as the call offs would have led to it all being torn up , if he tried to keep to the schedule as much as possible he would get slagged for not having provisional fixtures in place , if he rearranges his own schedule then he gets slated for going against his own planning ; a fixture list until march would have meant sweet f all I'm afraid ????

18 minutes ago, theshed said:

I just can't see the big deal here , an outrage as the guy hasn't produced a fixture list up until march , the guy tried four fixtures in advance prior to most third round Scottish cup games being postponed , the Scottish cup call offs totally put paid to that so what chance has he got in posting fixtures until march ??

He could have done it but what would it have meant ? Absolutely nothing as the call offs would have led to it all being torn up , if he tried to keep to the schedule as much as possible he would get slagged for not having provisional fixtures in place , if he rearranges his own schedule then he gets slated for going against his own planning ; a fixture list until march would have meant sweet f all I'm afraid 

disagree here he gets paid to do it if he has to change them each week theres mass call offs then he should it's his job simple as that,  no bothering his arse because it's too much work don't cut it I'm  afraid. 

Doing fixtures in advance then having to change them comes with the job at all levels nature of the beast.

22 minutes ago, theshed said:

He could have done it but what would it have meant ? Absolutely nothing as the call offs would have led to it all being torn up , if he tried to keep to the schedule as much as possible he would get slagged for not having provisional fixtures in place , if he rearranges his own schedule then he gets slated for going against his own planning ; a fixture list until march would have meant sweet f all I'm afraid

I take your point and have some sympathy towards your argument and Fixtures Man's predicament. However, the weather at this time of year is nothing new and the clubs knew that when they voted in the new structure. The clubs voted for a new fixtures arrangement and also voted for a person to implement it. That should be implemented as per the constitution, and if it clearly doesn't work then it can be changed after discussion with the clubs at next year's meeting. But what we have now is the clubs deciding on the rules for their competition, and then those rules just being disregarded because they're a bit awkward. How about the clubs just disregard the reinstatement rule in a similar manner ?

disagree here he gets paid to do it if he has to change them each week theres mass call offs then he should it's his job simple as that,  no bothering his arse because it's too much work don't cut it I'm  afraid. 
Doing fixtures in advance then having to change them comes with the job at all levels nature of the beast.

Junior football is a bit unique though in terms of so many cup games and lack of floodlights , senior football a few Saturday call offs then it's good to batter in a few midweek fixtures under the lights to get back on schedule , junior football doesn't have that luxury , and to think even more games next season to schedule in [emoji2]

There are parts of my own daily job which I think are pointless, and which I think could be done better a different way, but I have to do them the way I am told or else I would be sacked and they would find somebody else to do it. I'm sure we can all think of similar scenarios.

Chance for you then bawbag

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

There are parts of my own daily job which I think are pointless, and which I think could be done better a different way, but I have to do them the way I am told or else I would be sacked and they would find somebody else to do it. I'm sure we can all think of similar scenarios.

Agree the fixtures should be produced. It's immaterial that they will be subject to cancellations. Is does however show that in junior fitba fixtures for an extended period of time really is not workable. The Scottish Cup has to be stopped during winter months , it's obvious it's impact creates massive problems. The West will join the East in having 30 match league campaign next season , Scottish ties have to get played first time of asking as much as possible , especially replays.

A large part of the problem is that there is NO overall plan, it's all make-it-up-as-you-go-along.

That is why you have some clubs being scheduled for long runs of fixtures either at home or away, and to play some opponents twice before meeting others for the first time, or even being listed to play a fixture that has already been completed!

It would be perfectly possible to compile a set of 11, 13 .... or, next season, 15 league matchdays for each Division, in which ALL clubs played each other once in the first half of the season, then reverse those fixtures for the second half, and allocate them to dates over the WHOLE season.

No league fixtures should be scheduled for Junior Cup matchdays, but clubs not drawn in R1 or eliminated for later rounds would where possible play matches previously postponed or, by agreement, brought forward from later in the season.

There will ALWAYS be postponements due to bad weather and cup replays etc so YES Regional Management and the clubs would have to work with a significant degree of flexibility and acceptance of ongoing changes, especially at this time of year.

BUT everybody would have a much better idea of where things stood at any given point and would it REALLY be worse in any way than the empty calendar and chaotic fixture-setting that we have right now?

6 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Additionally, move into the second half of the 20th century and start scheduling make-up games for midweek under lights.

They're no longer a rarity in the Juniors, so why not use them?

The Devil's Incandescence ? C'mon, we all know the consequences. We all know that all teams train in the dark at this time of year, they could never get used to playing under those new-fangled shiny things. :death

46 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Additionally, move into the second half of the 20th century and start scheduling make-up games for midweek under lights.

They're no longer a rarity in the Juniors, so why not use them?

If they gave the option for this I am 100% confident mostor all super prem teams would install floodlights ASAP. How it's outlawed is beyond comprehension for me it's archaic

If they gave the option for this I am 100% confident mostor all super prem teams would install floodlights ASAP. How it's outlawed is beyond comprehension for me it's archaic
Is it actually forbidden?

As with all things in the juniors it's up to the clubs to present a united front and demand change.

Ardrossan played a Friday night match under the floodlights last season. It must be allowed at some level.

Archived