Sons vs Livi

What's up with Alexander? Given the fact that we haven't scored in our last two games having a second choice 'keeper in our opponents' net would be a nice wee boost. Not that it helped today mind you.

Apparently hit hardest by the flu bug going round our squad - ended up in hospital the other day as a result. We really could do with our few really experienced players putting in shifts during the coming weeks, so a massive blow that our most experienced is out.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

What's up with Alexander? Given the fact that we haven't scored in our last two games having a second choice 'keeper in our opponents' net would be a nice wee boost. Not that it helped today mind you.

Victim of the flu bug going through the squad, we have 7 or 8 suffering pretty badly with it, was at a&e the yesterday with it and still isn't feeling up to the bench.

20 minutes ago, Afro said:

Apparently hit hardest by the flu bug going round our squad - ended up in hospital the other day as a result. We really could do with our few really experienced players putting in shifts during the coming weeks, so a massive blow that our most experienced is out.

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Victim of the flu bug going through the squad, we have 7 or 8 suffering pretty badly with it, was at a&e the yesterday with it and still isn't feeling up to the bench.

That's a real shame. Hopefully he's fit and raring to go when you play Dunfermline next weekend - and not a moment earlier, can't risk rushing him back when he's still under the weather imo.

Gutted I’m not going to make this one but got to work. 

I don’t think we played overly bad yesterday just picked apart by a team that was better than us on the day. 

This will be no easy game, Dumbarton are always hard to beat, especially at home so we will have to be at our very best to get something from this. 

I think it’s important we stay calm during this mini poor period, we’ve been beaten by Dundee Utd, St Mirren and drawn with Falkik, before the season started that wouldn’t have came as a surprise. 

As much as Maley didn’t do much wrong yesterday I’m hoping to see Alexander in between the sticks, think he just gives everyone that bit of extra confidence in front of him. 

I think Jacobs deserves a start, thought he came on and done really well yesterday and I think we need to try something a bit different up top, maybe try and go with a bit of pace, Boyd with Carrick perhaps ? 

Anyway if we can get a point it moves us back into 3rd place, a win would be a terrific result considering the illness that the squad has got just now. 

Those traveling through have a good day, I’ll be keeping a close eye on the twitter updates. 

18 hours ago, Afro said:

I’m really hoping our boys can shake the flu off by Tuesday, after that today, looked very lethargic and lacked any real edge. Given Dumbarton have been a bogey side for us in recent years this has all the makings of a home win.

Dumbarton are everyone’s bogey side:P

4 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I think Jacobs deserves a start, thought he came on and done really well yesterday and I think we need to try something a bit different up top, maybe try and go with a bit of pace, Boyd with Carrick perhaps ? 

Genuinely would rather see Cadden up top over Carrick, still yet to see what he offers the squad other than raw pace. Cadden can at least beat a man

Genuinely would rather see Cadden up top over Carrick, still yet to see what he offers the squad other than raw pace. Cadden can at least beat a man

Beats a man then loses it to other. Or gets in a good position and "Oscar Rubio's" it out of the ground.
Would not be disappointed to lose Cadden in January or end of season.

Boyd and Carrick would be a tricky duo I reckon.

20 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

We haven't scored in our last 2 games either, really looking forward to a high scoring game then. :wacko:

Completely different game for us just now,  after a 3 week break and illness hitting the team we're nowhere near the standard we were. We could do with the 3 points to give us a lift but even a point would be good, we just need to get through this bad spell and try to stay in or around the top 4 places till we pick up again. And a  point would take us to 3rd place.

This will be an intriguing game for most clubs in the division, IMO. 

Dumbarton aren't too far off the play-off spots with a win here putting them within a couple of wins of Dunfermline in third. 

However, Livi know a win will put them back into the driving seat at the mini-group from 3rd-6th at present. 

I noticed yesterday both teams suffered injuries. Alexander missed the match for Livingston - is this anything serious? I'm not sure how confident you guys are in the ability of Maley who seems to have only played a handful of senior matches. 

For Dumbarton, if their flair players such as Walsh and Froxylias are fit and firing on all cylinders, then there's certainly a chance of another positive result for the Sons. 

All the Best to both clubs and Merry Christmas!

59 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Alexander missed the match for Livingston - is this anything serious?

Had a bug around the squad with about 8 being sent home at the same time because of it, Alexander was in A&E on Thursday so hopefully he'll be back for this, I'm not Maley's biggest fan. Made a couple of decent saves yesterday but still flaps at crosses and just generally doesn't fill me with confidence. 

27 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Had a bug around the squad with about 8 being sent home at the same time because of it, Alexander was in A&E on Thursday so hopefully he'll be back for this, I'm not Maley's biggest fan. Made a couple of decent saves yesterday but still flaps at crosses and just generally doesn't fill me with confidence. 

Ah right, fair enough. It'll be even tougher for you guys this week then with so many players possibly needing to play 3 games in a week. 

Archived