Sons vs Livi

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Dumbarton displaying some Falkirk form at a crucial time of the season.

Pleasing.

Simmer down. We're entitled to a bad performance every now and then. Even when playing badly we were comfortably better than Falkirk on Saturday. Our squad could do with a couple of new players but that may not happen so we just need to power through.

Couldn’t make it but absolutely delighted to see the result. 

Its never easy to go and win at Dumbarton but to win as comfortably as that is very pleasing. 

Big boost after a mini slump ahead of what is a big game at home to Dunfermline on Saturday now. 

Think thats 11 points from this quarter with 1 game to go if we could win 14 points is an excellent return. 

Delighted to see Dylan Mackin score yet again, Robbo getting another too from the bench, it really shows we’ve got a bit of strength in the squad with no Boyd in the 18. 

Look forward to the highlights now, really cheered me up at work. 

Well done Livi and the fans that made the journey today. 

[emoji23][emoji23] what a tit, you lot will slide back down once you hit your bad spell

Sorry fella can understand you're hurting after that, but even with our hard brexit no-nonsense squad of players, we were ravaged by a virus across the team and that was our 3rd game in less than a week. Falkirk will spend big in January, I think Dumbarton may finally have a date with League 1. Fingers crossed for you fella.

Well that was fuckin awful. Not one player with pass marks.

The sooner we rid ourselves of Scott Gallacher the better. We absolutely can't afford a liability between the sticks. Even when he's playing ok he's still prime for a shocker, today we were punished for it.

Callum Gallagher is nowhere near good enough either, whether he's playing out wide or up front. I understand we were pumping pointless long balls up to him but even at that he was nowhere near them. Punt in January plz.

Starting Chris Johnston was a shocker. Also punt asap.

We're quite lucky that it was only 4-1 to be honest. The first 20 minutes aside we weren't up for it at all and things got worse the longer time went on. Fair play to Livi who absolutely cruised it whilst playing some really neat stuff.

We looked more effective with the SeaGal up top than with Nadé . As soon as he came on we got lazy and just hoofed it in his direction. Striker(s) are badly needed in January.

I know I'm biased, but Carsy was literally the only guy who can go home tonight feeling as if he did his bit. He looked like one of the few guys who cared, kept possession relatively well and didn't totally lose his discipline.

Froxy doesn't look fit, David Smith is never a left-back and playing Ally Roy in front of him was asking for trouble. I was amazed it took Livi so long to start exploiting that.

Hutton was an absolute diddy for getting himself two pointless bookings in such a short period of time too.

Another goal conceded from a dead ball situation as well. Happy days, eh?

Sorry fella can understand you're hurting after that, but even with our hard brexit no-nonsense squad of players, we were ravaged by a virus across the team and that was our 3rd game in less than a week. Falkirk will spend big in January, I think Dumbarton may finally have a date with League 1. Fingers crossed for you fella.

We beat you on your patch, you beat us on ours, watch this space

Livi deserved to win and the scoreline didnt flatter them. A very old fashioned side in that they press when they don't have possession and play very direct football when they do. It's actually decent to watch - none of this faffing about making passes for the sake of it - and they deliver into the box.

The referee was shite today. As inconsistent as it's possible to be. None of the wee nigglging stuff that Livingston were getting was going our way. That said, he got the big decisions correct (penalty and sending off).

As for us? Woeful.

I'd be tempted to give Dowie pass marks. Despite the score, Andy Dowie actually had an ok game. It's clear that Div Smith can't play left back and I thought Barr had a poor game. Wardrop wasnt good today. Dowie did well enough with some of his tackling and his heading was good. The keeper made a mistake and is usually good for one mistake a game. He's not a terrible keeper but his mistakes do tend to cost us a goal. 

It was a great ball through to Roy for the opener and he took his goal well. The touch and cut inside took the defender out of it and left the shot on goal open for him. It was a good finish. His pace is always going to be a threat but his touch and composure usually let him down (his goal today apart). I thought Walsh was anonymous today. Service to Calum Gallagher was poor and he really wasnt in it, but he never really could be when we were so poor in possession. The midfield? Hutton is going backwards after a couple of months of really pretty solid performances. Carswell works hard but isnt going to make things happen.

Froxy and Nade did nothing when introduced. Nade clearly isnt fit, although the service to him was non-existant. Froxy is a bit like Walsh in that he has skill but is too inconsistent. If he's not in a game then it's like playing with a man short because you don't really get graft from him.

We really need a left back and a striker. You look at the Dumbarton squad and wonder where the goals are coming from?

Just now, optimistic said:

We beat you on your patch, you beat us on ours, watch this space

Am I being wooshed cause pretty sure you didn't beat us on our patch, not this season anyway.

Fantastic result, we really needed it after the difficult time we've had with postponed games and flu hitting our squad, looking forward to the Pars game now.

Am I being wooshed cause pretty sure you didn't beat us on our patch, not this season anyway.

Fantastic result, we really needed it after the difficult time we've had with postponed games and flu hitting our squad, looking forward to the Pars game now.

My mistake, apologies, read it wrong, we will stay up though

Archived