This weekend

juniorfootyspy

I think it’s the same situation as around amatuer football everywhere but the only difference is the incentive to play is there with thistle but even at that I’m seeing lads turning up, playing but are they’re hearts really in it?? There’s maybe only 1-2 lads playing with thistle at the moment that could compete regularly at a better level in my opinion and I don’t mean the Ayrshire jnr sides.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, 4-3-3R said:

I think it’s the same situation as around amatuer football everywhere but the only difference is the incentive to play is there with thistle but even at that I’m seeing lads turning up, playing but are they’re hearts really in it?? There’s maybe only 1-2 lads playing with thistle at the moment that could compete regularly at a better level in my opinion and I don’t mean the Ayrshire jnr sides.

Mullen is still class and the big boy Currie is excellent too but not consistent. Still think wee Andy is a top full back too but I agree with their hearts not being in it. There's players playing there who have too and not because they want too 

And I tell a lie. It wasen’t you I was getting at a while back it was theburn. Got mixed up. But you do still sound like a new farm man with that sort of statement.

Haha was going to say to you mate I've never spoke to you before, trust me can't stand new farm, full a wannabes, only reason I said walkover as because whittlets aren't the greatest, if new farm go up to the first net year they won't be long in going back down

18 hours ago, 4-3-3R said:

Watched the Hurlford Derby, AFC more than a match for their counterparts if not being the better side for first hour until the sending off of the AFC player kinda swung the momentum in thistles favour a bit. Thistle done well to come from behind twice and eventually take the lead from a superb turn and strike from big Currie. AFC should tale a lot of credit from this game as they were more than a match for thistle and could have taken the points no bother if they had kept 11 men on the park. Thistle however need to sort they’re slow leaky defence as they gifted too many opportunities too often, decent game although a draw would have been a fair result in my opinion.

Knew it would be a close one.  AFC were better team by a mile till they went down to 10 but manager should have took that boy off at half time as he was always getting sent off

Archived