Accies v County

Watched the short highlights on Youtube. For the penalties, changed my mind on our penalty, the county player gets his arm around Imrie, which for me impedes him from carrying on, so id say it was the correct decision, classed as soft though. County's penalty was correct as well, wasn't as bad as i first thought, but he catches him, so it's deserved. 

Definitely a shout of offside for County's second clearly in the way of woods and moves his leg towards the ball. For our third can't see any push on the county player, he seems to run in and lose his balance. 

For Skondras, didn't see any punching, Just a lot of shoving, but then he man handles the ref, so deserved red.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Apart from Skondras punching Van der Weg and Routis :lol:

Yeah. There’s clearly a punch thrown at Kenny. A weirdo, lame punch, but like usual, it was a weirdo, lame “coming together”. Guy went absolutely nuts and he’s going to get a very long ban.

I’d fancy Van de Weg to take the lot of them, to be honest. What a guy.

Yesterday just summed up why I adore Scottish football.  A dreadful, dull, turgid game for 70 minutes - then, a penalty, a missed penalty, rebound sclaffed in off the bar, Accies go 2-1 up within two minutes, County equalise again, red card, own goal for 3-2 in the 90th minute, then a 20 man rammy, a second red card, wonder save to prevent 3-3, then the crowd and a player having a proper go at each other.  County might have lost but it was such a great game to see and a proper 'emotional rollercoaster': totally worth the £22. 

To be honest, a draw would have been an entirely fair result. I've not seen any highlights but the Accies penalty looked so incredibly soft. The free-kick for the third goal was less of a foul than the 'foul' on Gardyne moments before he got sent-off. The referee had an absolute horror show and frustrated both teams with really inconsistent decisions. The 'foul' on Gardyne is just one example but there were a few throw-ins and goal-kicks/corners that went the wrong way.  A few minutes before the big rammy, Schalk and (I think) Skondras had been head-to-head and the referee didn't pull either of them up for it. Just a really poor game from him.

From a County perspective, obviously a frustrating defeat. The absence of Davies made a difference, Fraser looked a bit lost without him. Routis had a decent game though but did look like he hadn't played CB for a while. Naismith was good. Left-back is still a problem. Lindsay shouldn't be a starter but I understand that given the injuries/suspensions, someone had to play in the middle. Chow is hopeless, absolutely hopeless. Under Coyle the team look a lot more comfortable on the ball but there's a real lack of 'cutting edge' up front (albeit this has been a long-standing problem for County in the topflight). A bit of work is needed in January - left-back, a third centre-half, centre midfield, another winger, and a striker.

A difficult three games coming up. There needs to be one win in there, at the very least.

Yesterday just summed up why I adore Scottish football.  A dreadful, dull, turgid game for 70 minutes - then, a penalty, a missed penalty, rebound sclaffed in off the bar, Accies go 2-1 up within two minutes, County equalise again, red card, own goal for 3-2 in the 90th minute, then a 20 man rammy, a second red card, wonder save to prevent 3-3, then the crowd and a player having a proper go at each other.  County might have lost but it was such a great game to see and a proper 'emotional rollercoaster': totally worth the £22. 
To be honest, a draw would have been an entirely fair result. I've not seen any highlights but the Accies penalty looked so incredibly soft. The free-kick for the third goal was less of a foul than the 'foul' on Gardyne moments before he got sent-off. The referee had an absolute horror show and frustrated both teams with really inconsistent decisions. The 'foul' on Gardyne is just one example but there were a few throw-ins and goal-kicks/corners that went the wrong way.  A few minutes before the big rammy, Schalk and (I think) Skondras had been head-to-head and the referee didn't pull either of them up for it. Just a really poor game from him.
From a County perspective, obviously a frustrating defeat. The absence of Davies made a difference, Fraser looked a bit lost without him. Routis had a decent game though but did look like he hadn't played CB for a while. Naismith was good. Left-back is still a problem. Lindsay shouldn't be a starter but I understand that given the injuries/suspensions, someone had to play in the middle. Chow is hopeless, absolutely hopeless. Under Coyle the team look a lot more comfortable on the ball but there's a real lack of 'cutting edge' up front (albeit this has been a long-standing problem for County in the topflight). A bit of work is needed in January - left-back, a third centre-half, centre midfield, another winger, and a striker.
A difficult three games coming up. There needs to be one win in there, at the very least.
Great post but highlights show Accies penalty was probably right. Free kick for the winning goal is laughable.

29 minutes ago, leefy118 said:

3-2 Yassss ya county smelly wankeerrssssss. The 62 of u. I hope u used hunners of fuel ahhahahaa

:1eye

I do love cowdwanking between fellow diddy clubs.

You only took 62, last season we took 73  up to yous. Etc etc.

:1eye

I do love cowdwanking between fellow diddy clubs.

You only took 62, last season we took 73  up to yous. Etc etc.

Most of the folk who go up to County aren’t football fans; they just want the haggis pies.

10 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Most of the folk who go up to County aren’t football fans; they just want the haggis pies.

36 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

That'll be the same as most of the home support too then.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing...

img_3363.jpg

If Skondras gets a lengthy ban for the handbags I saw on Sportscene then that would be a pity imo. Yes he lost it a bit and should probably get some kind of punishment but was hardly dropping people right left and centre. Punch?!????. Still remember Steven Craig's (unjust imo) lengthy ban in Div 1 for us when he was flying, ruined his last season.

34 minutes ago, Staggie#Wearethehighlands said:

Still remember Steven Craig's (unjust imo) lengthy ban in Div 1 for us when he was flying, ruined his last season.

Eight matches.  It was a blessing, IMO, because it allowed Gardyne into the team in his best position, when he was warming the bench before .  Gardyne and McMenamin clicked straight away and the rest is history.

Eight matches.  It was a blessing, IMO, because it allowed Gardyne into the team in his best position, when he was warming the bench before and Craig was misfiring.  Gardyne and McMenamin clicked straight away and the rest is history.

You possibly remember things clearer than me! Those were the days...... Still felt it was an injustice on Craig though, handbags with Barr, then verbals with the officials iirc.

Archived