Stirling Albion v Montrose

3 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Ann Summers in Thistle centre or Stirling top from club shop. All en route to match.

re Morrison I was always led to believe knee injury meant out indefinitely.

I have temporarily given up predicting so called title deciders. If the right teams turn up and nothing too controversial happens. Then this could be the Christmas we deserve.

Callumn Morrison played (very well) in Hearts U20 4-1 win over Ross County U20's in mid-week

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of two massive games for Montrose. A win today then Peterhead at home next week would set us up nicely going into the new year.
I would take unbeaten in both games.
Unfortunately can’t be there today. The wife has organised a night out for us tonight. Does she not read the fixtures when organising these things. [emoji36]

Merry Christmas to the Stirling keeper, don't drop your presents.
Hope the left back is ok, didn't look good as he came past us.
Game of 2 halves as they say, with the wind affecting. Binos 1st half pressing us not letting any play develop for the Mo.
2nd half the Mo the better with Fleming only called into action last 5 mins with a couple of great saves. Happy days.

Some important saves from Fleming first half, as we looked a bit shaky. A far, far tougher game than Berwick and Elgin but to be winning these scruffy games is a very good sign. Matty Allan my MOTM this afternoon.

Ten league games in a row unbeaten now, and five league games in a row without conceeding. Looking forward to Peterhead on 30th, but will likely be a far tougher task.

Another disappointing game today, better team in the 1st half but we could not score and due to a error we go 1-0 down and were lucky not to go 2-0 but the post saved us. 

Poor ref today gave us nothing but allowed Montrose players to foul all day. Just hope the injury to Lee Hamilton is not serious. 

Now down to 4th spot 10 points behind Montrose with a game in hand. 

Have to find a way to score and start picking up or else we could end up losing out on a place off place. 

Firstly, another successful day in hospitality.

As for the game, in truth, it was pretty dire but a draw would of probably been a fair result.

After today, I actually think Montrose will win the league. They are well organised and have that experience that is pretty vital at this level. They weren’t great today, but they just knew what to do and had enough about them to see the game out.

The goal came about from a Cammy Binnie mistake, but other than that (and watching a header strike the post) he really didn’t have much to do.

We were the better team in the first half but other than 30 yard drives from Dickson, we didn’t have anything to show for our efforts.

Dave Mackay tried a 3-4-1-2 formation and well done to him for trying something different to get us out of the funk we are in, but it didn’t really work.

Firstky, Neil McLaughlan simply isn’t good enough. Twice he had good runs into the box only for the ball to somehow get caugh in between his feet. Sure, his record at Development Level speaks for itself, but so does the record at League 2 level, he’s just not good enough at this moment in time and drifted out of the game.

Once the goal went in, we were creating nothing and that continued throughout the second half. Due to this, it was surprising to see that Dave Mackay never changed our formation or shape. Ok, the personel changed, But the shape and game plan remained the same, which made it easy for Montrose to cope with, in fact, they coped with it pretty fine all afternoon.

Finally, Callumn Morrison was deployed just off the front two, but he was absolutely wasted there. The game passed him by and naturally he went out wide looking for the ball. Sure, it was worth a try and it was a move that I thought would work but didn’t. It was plain to see, early on, that the move didn’t work, but again, Mackay stuck with it. Why?

The Ref had a bizarre game but the tackle on Hamilton, I couldn’t get over that one. It was a tackle thatTerry Masson would of been proud of. I was glad to read on Twitter that Hamilton will only be out for a few weeks, looked sore and serious.

All in all a frustrating afternoon, as I said, a draw would have probably been fair but fair play to Monty. I personally think any chance of winning the league has now gone, but as I have said before, let’s just concentrate on the Play Offs!!

Maybe along with Peterhead but I thought Stirling are the best side we've played this season. They are quick and neat on the ball but have not much of as threat up front - whereas Peterhead have. Montrose also have the same problem up top but make up for it by having inside forwards just in behind the front two and an overlapping pair of full backs in support. A draw might have been a fair result today but that's not how the destiny of the points is decided. In the end Mo could have won by more than the odd goal but if Stirling had scored early on  - ???

Looked to me the Binos tired very badly towards the end which I'd be worried about if I was a Bino.

That was a hard fought victory against a decent team. Stirling came out of the blocks fast in the first half and looked like they would overrun us, but towards the end of the first half we started to get a foothold in the match.

Second half, with the wind at our backs, we played a lot better but lacking a cutting edge up front. It took a goalkeeping error to gift us the lead with Fraser bundling the ball home after Binnie fluffed a straightforward catch. He looked shaky with crosses all afternoon. We should have had a penalty when Ballantyne was clearly tripped in the box but other than a header off the post we didn't have any clear cut chances. Stirling pushed hard towards the end and Fleming had to pull off  couple of decent saves.

The Templeman tackle looked absolutely fine to me, he used the wet surface to slide in and won the ball perfectly with the Stirling player going over him. If I'm being honest I'm not sure how he got injured but hope he makes a speedy recovery. To compare the tackle to a Masson one is a bit ridiculous, in  fact, Ive never seen Big Temps make a tackle worthy of the name before. Never good to see a player carried off and he got a decent round of applause from the Mo fans.

The referee was a complete idiot, seemed utterly clueless. He seems to have something against us.

Also to say it was brilliant to see so many Mo fans there yesterday and good to see the players appreciate that support

The referee was a complete idiot, seemed utterly clueless. He seems to have something against us.

He must have had something against both sides, he was fucking hopeless. Like most referees in Scotland tbh. The lino up our end was as useful as a burst johnny.

23 hours ago, endieinreekie said:

What's with the fucking pies? where's the fucking filling?

Yeah. I noticed that as well. The pies were almost hollow.

A good day out yesterday. A good pint of Schiehallion in Nicky Tams before the game. 

I don't want to venture into crowd wanking territory but it was a decent away support yesterday. It's good to see that town is getting behind SP and the team.

Archived