Falkirk 0 v The Dobbie Machine.

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Wasn't helped by picking up an early season injury which, apart from our second choice keeper taking over for a  few cup games and a league game, he tried to play through.  This was a mistake by him and the management as his mobility and fitness were nowhere near good enough. He wasn't fit enough to train but was playing in games.  He definitely cost us points during this spell.  Now he is supposedly back to full fitness his performances have improved, but for the past couple of games for some reason he has looked shaky and indecisive, probably not helped by having a relatively young central defence in front of him,  but there seems to be a lack of confidence between them.  He also appears reluctant to command his area and come out for crosses which, considering his build and experience, shouldn't be too much to ask.  He was viewed by many as being an upgrade on Lee Robinson but his recent performances have a few doubting if that is really the case.    

Looks quite overweight to me too.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Martin was a superb keeper for Sons ,what has happened ?

People keep saying this. I assume he must have played well against Falkirk last season for you to label him as "superb".

I only saw him 4 times against QOS and the odd game on Alba but I didn't see him in that light.

The Dumbarton fans who saw him most raved about him but the word superb bears absolutely no resemblance to how he has performed for us this season. I don't know much about their current keeper Gallacher but If Dumbarton want Martin back in forthcoming window I would be inclined to offer them a straight swap and take our chances.

1 minute ago, Rjc-1988 said:

People keep saying this. I assume he must have played well against Falkirk last season for you to label him as "superb".

I only saw him 4 times against QOS and the odd game on Alba but I didn't see him in that light.

The Dumbarton fans who saw him most raved about him but the word superb bears absolutely no resemblance to how he has performed for us this season. I don't know much about their current keeper Gallacher but If Dumbarton want Martin back in forthcoming window I would be inclined to offer them a straight swap and take our chances.

Saints fan buddy,he always played well for our bogey team :whistle

48 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

The commentary on FTV is enough to make you claw your face off. Jesus Christ, the utter cringe.

Don't think the cameraman should give up his day job either. 

Having said that they're all volunteers (presumably :unsure2:) so don't deserve our ridicule. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Don't think the cameraman should give up his day job either. 
Having said that they're all volunteers (presumably :unsure2:) so don't deserve our ridicule. 

Ridicule no but the club charge for the product so
The standard should be improved

On 31/12/2017 at 12:12, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Wasn't helped by picking up an early season injury which, apart from our second choice keeper taking over for a  few cup games and a league game, he tried to play through.  This was a mistake by him and the management as his mobility and fitness were nowhere near good enough. He wasn't fit enough to train but was playing in games.  He definitely cost us points during this spell.  Now he is supposedly back to full fitness his performances have improved, but for the past couple of games for some reason he has looked shaky and indecisive, probably not helped by having a relatively young central defence in front of him,  but there seems to be a lack of confidence between them.  He also appears reluctant to command his area and come out for crosses which, considering his build and experience, shouldn't be too much to ask.  He was viewed by many as being an upgrade on Lee Robinson but his recent performances have a few doubting if that is really the case.    

We have had some fans slate our keepers for not commanding their area, some unjustified with them looking to a larger area than possible but Martin on Saturday was really poor, the amount of balls loose in six yard box and him refusing to leave his line was an accident waiting to happen.

He always looked a decent ish keeper at Dumbarton but he looked massive, I pointed out on Saturday he'd lost weight but he is still pretty big.

We have our own keeper woes also and hope we get one in

1 hour ago, MOTD Wannabee said:

Our highlights. Penalty claim incident between Kane and Watson starts at 12:03...

Didn't think it was a penalty at the time and still don't after having seen that. Not sure it was a penalty even if Watson hadn't got his head to the ball.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its a foul anywhere else on the pitch. For me still a definite penalty.

Don't agree. Watson heads it off Kane's head (who, incidentally, moves toward Watson to try to draw a foul) so should have been a goal kick. Could have been an argument if he hadn't got to the ball, but he did.

How bizarre that opposing fans can have differing opinions of the same incident! :lol:

I'm not sure why Rooney was getting so much grief for playing on when Hippolyte was on the ground. In hindsight it's obviously been a sore one but it wasn't obvious enough at the time to realise that so Rooney was well within his right to play on.

As for the penalty claim it's an absolute stonewaller. The Falkirk guy doesn't win the ball and flattens Kane. I'm not sure how anyone can see that any differently. The referee gave the corner (wrongly) to cover his mistake.

No idea whether its a pen or not I stopped watching the highlights once Harris came on. The main problem with the rooney incident was that most of the players stopped including the queens number 2 who was also expecting rooney to put it out by the look of things as he' d slowed to a walking pace. Was bad patter then to suddenly play on with hippo down.  I' have had less issue if the game had just continued at full pelt.

5 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Ref probably doesn't give the penalty owing to the guy being a mile offside.

No way you can tell from those highlights whether he was offside or not IMO.  Is it only me that's seeing Watson getting his head to the ball?

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

No way you can tell from those highlights whether he was offside or not IMO.  Is it only me that's seeing Watson getting his head to the ball?

Its hard to see from the higlights but it was pretty obvious at the time and yep Watson does get his head to the ball and it bounces off the Queens boy's head for what should have been a goal kick.

Archived