Shock Signings?

Shannon

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched several ex seniors playing Junior over the years...

ones that spring to mind for me ;

Carrigan - Linlithgow - different class !

Scott Nisbet - Arniston - strolled it well into his 40’s !

Paul  Mcgrillen - Bathgate - defenders nightmare !

Craig Thompson - Newtongrange - an absolute stand out ( I Am aware of his past !)

Stevie Pittman - Linlithgow - class act

there are a multitude....

Watched several ex seniors playing Junior over the years...

ones that spring to mind for me ;

Carrigan - Linlithgow - different class !

Scott Nisbet - Arniston - strolled it well into his 40’s !

Paul  Mcgrillen - Bathgate - defenders nightmare !

Craig Thompson - Newtongrange - an absolute stand out ( I Am aware of his past !)

Stevie Pittman - Linlithgow - class act

there are a multitude....

One of my sons played against Scott nisbet against arnison when he was only 19. Say’s he was an absolute gentleman and encouraged him during the game and after. He said he was a decent guy. Not the norm !

44 minutes ago, jimmyg said:

One of my sons played against Scott nisbet against arnison when he was only 19. Say’s he was an absolute gentleman and encouraged him during the game and after. He said he was a decent guy. Not the norm !

I watched Arniston v Whitburn a few years ago, he coached and guided his less experienced team mates through the game.

Never stopped talking and encouraging, he also kept it simple keeping possession !!

Haha some information that. What folk don’t know they make up
Probably mate but that's what I was told. End of the day does it really matter the money involved, point is hes there!!!

I'd imagine a few senior teams would still take a punt on him so its a big name signing... will it pay off, who knows!

Probably mate but that's what I was told. End of the day does it really matter the money involved, point is hes there!!!

I'd imagine a few senior teams would still take a punt on him so its a big name signing... will it pay off, who knows!

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Tranent got a chance to get him and I’m glad the club could make it happen. Probably the type of player we are needing at the moment

5 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

Nothing ventured nothing gained. Tranent got a chance to get him and I’m glad the club could make it happen. Probably the type of player we are needing at the moment

You know him better than most wee man,can only enhance the team I’d think.dont know about the temperament though,lol.

I think its a great signing because he's not past it, granted hes not the player he was but should stick out like a sore thumb.

Aye he has a bit of c**t about him and its severely lacking at present. Fancied tranent to get promoted at the start of this season.

Maybe not quite relevant but didnt Pat Stanton manage Musselburgh for a season or two, maybe early 90's?

Been a few ex seniors become junior managers, coaches etc.

Alan Rough played for and managed at Glenafton, Jimmy Sandison & John Martin had two or three years at Bo’ness, Mike Galloway managed Tranent for a bit and big Lee Wilkie is coach at Lochee, to name a few randoms.

Linlithgow Rose had ex St Mirren and Falkirk defender Peter Godfrey about 20 odd years ago. Not sure how much or how long he played for them though.

That was Bathgate he played for (the mists of time mean I can't remember where we got him from). Brilliant player and had a good few seasons with us. Sadly ended his career with a broken leg up at Bonnyrigg.

Absolute gent

That was Bathgate he played for (the mists of time mean I can't remember where we got him from). Brilliant player and had a good few seasons with us. Sadly ended his career with a broken leg up at Bonnyrigg.

Absolute gent

He was definitely at Linlithgow though.

Archived